Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Its the dungeon that has 15 levels of databug goodness. Anyway, I managed to get to B7 before getting the system error or infection level 100%. I avoided the battles as much as possible. I run into a lot of physical immunity monsters. I only use data drain, and made sure Kite gets the last hit. On the monsters that have physical tolerance, I use magic. Not sure if that lowers my infection level. I don't know how the hell, I'm supposed to reach the bottom. There is just way too many databugs, and even when I tried to kill one without data drain. It hp won't go any lower than 50%. I bring along Helba and Elk. Anyone know an easy strategy to get through this hell hole?
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Well, uhh... you're already doing all the things I would've suggested, so I guess it's just luck? On my first (and only) run, I managed to get to the bottom of the dungeon without too many data bug encounters, but I know that was mostly chance.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you tried to get through the dungeon?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I've never gotten the system error. Of course now that I've said that I'm probably gonna get it just by logging on because of a glitch or something..

From personal experience if you can bust through floor 7-8 it gets a lot easier. Around 7-8 or so you start getting a lot more normal monsters. I mean its random/luck, but I think the % chance of getting them increases quite a bit.

You should level up, if you aren't max. I believe the infection increases more depending on how much lower your level is than the monster you drain.

I use Elk and Blackrose, not that matters much since you aren't having problems with fighting, just with infection spreading.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Anime Monkey wrote:On my first (and only) run, I managed to get to the bottom of the dungeon without too many data bug encounters, but I know that was mostly chance.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you tried to get through the dungeon?
It was my first run through that dungeon. You're so lucky on just one run. Alright, gonna give it another shot. I'm going to be irritated if I see another game over screen.
Tolby wrote:I've never gotten the system error. Of course now that I've said that I'm probably gonna get it just by logging on because of a glitch or something..

You should level up, if you aren't max. I believe the infection increases more depending on how much lower your level is than the monster you drain.
Kite is lvl 95. I hope luck is on my side on this one.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

You're doing everything you should...it's all up to luck now. The only suggestions left for me to say are these, and most likely you're doing these things already:
-Use a Fairy Orb to see the quickest path to the next floor.
-ALWAYS defeat enemies with Kite, not anyone else. So yeah, make sure Kite gets the last hit on each and every enemy, and preferrable a Physical hit.
-For enemies with Physical Tolerance, use that item that decreases Defense. Many people say that the spell doesn't work...but the item always work for me within 2-3 times, sometimes more, but still working. It's alot easier to defeat enemies with Physical attacks, and also guarantess that Kite will inflict the last blow physically.
-And of course, before entering, make sure that your infection level is at 0% (go to 1 or 2 areas of low level, and kill everything in the field with Kite), and don't fight anything in the field of Hidden Darkside Holy Ground.

I managed to get to the bottom in my second or third try, and of course it wasn't easy. By the 8th or 9th floor i was already at the highest infection, and i was just lucky that i only lost Exp and Money instead of getting a System Error (unless you're VERY lucky, you'll at least get ONE "penalty" for having the highest infection rate...you just have to hope it's not a System Error). But well, it wasn't supposed to be easy...it's the hardest area in all of the .Hack games so far, and highly dependant on luck...all you have to do is make sure you depend less on luck by following all possible advice to keep the infection low, and make sure too that your patience doesn't run out as quick as the infection gauge fills D:
Despair

Post by Despair »

I've made probably 4-5 runs through the dungeon from various playthroughs, all of which involving Kite at level 98-99 and I've never gotten the system error. I always assumed the 2nd bracelet fixed that issue until I read up about it on the web.

Basically everything's been said here, about all you can do is level Kite to max and hope it makes a difference.

And yea, the data bugs don't drop below 50% HP, tried that a few times on my first run through, ended up leaving early because I was worried about the system error.

After that though I just said "if it happens, it happens" and just shot through and that's how I've done it every time now.
Good luck.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I finally beat it, it only took 4 more attempts and several hours later yesterday. The successful run took a little less than two hours and I came pretty close to a few system errors near the end. The only way to drop infection level is for Kite to land the last physical hit. I was using magic on the physical immune ones, and once I bought the magic scrolls to drop their physical defense. I got a lot further. There is also another monster that has like almost 100% evade. It took about 30 seconds just to land one attack, as all the other attacks just miss. I tried dropping it's accuracy, nothing happened. Those were just time consuming, once I lowered its hp with magic without killing it. I also used the orders: First Aid and Operation Recover so my party members don't attack at all. So that's it? There not another dungeon where I can DD to get a rare twinblade for Kite like in Infection/Mutation/Outbreak postgame. Resurrecting Mia was quite satisfying. I lost 3 levels running through that dungeon. Thinking of playing G.U. again. It was fun in a frustrating hair pulling moment of agony doing that dungeon.
Despair

Post by Despair »

zerokoolpsx wrote:So that's it? There not another dungeon where I can DD to get a rare twinblade for Kite like in Infection/Mutation/Outbreak postgame.
Sin Of Hades from Δ Reincarnated Purgatorial Altar pretty much covers "rare twinblade weapon"
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Cool thanks. Sin of Hades has awesome effects, looks impressive and has good stats too.
r%t

Post by r%t »

Damn, this is intimidating enough to make me not wanna buy the last two volumes. :p
Maybe I'll go buy a Rugrats game.. ♥
Despair

Post by Despair »

r%t wrote:Damn, this is intimidating enough to make me not wanna buy the last two volumes. :p
Maybe I'll go buy a Rugrats game.. ♥
You're kidding, right?

The dungeon may be difficult, but that's it really. Just difficult. It's the same as any other data bug dungeon except it's considerably longer and it requires you to be careful with your infection rate. Generally it's best if you're level 99, start with 0% infection, and then each data bug you data drain, kill it before draining another. This keeps your infection rate from spiking too high for the first 2-3 floors. And for the later floors it helps to hold it below the critical existence failure point.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

That was a pain that place was annoying even maxed out it was still annoying I think I manged 2-3 times before finishing that place but I never clear the whole place out.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Rozalin wrote:That was a pain that place was annoying even maxed out it was still annoying I think I manged 2-3 times before finishing that place but I never clear the whole place out.
Clear the whole dungeon? No way, that suicide. There's no benefit to clearing that dungeon and why would you?
Vorbei

Post by Vorbei »

I only did it once, since I got very nostalgic and couldn't bring myself to even try after that. But I guess I was lucky enough to only need to try once.
I used Balmung and Elk. I didn't know what I was getting into, so I did fight a few things outside before realizing that probably wasn't a good idea after they all mostly turned up infected. (So that makes me extra lucky that I didn't get a System Error?) Infection went sky high, and after the seventh floor or so, I started getting scared. I actually tried just idling to see if the Infection rate would go down. (It didn't.) So by the final floor, I was a nervous wreck...

Considering future plans, I hope I can pull that off in one attempt again.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

On my second run through I got by with a max of about 75% infection... which is really weird since I usually went for the longer path and the first run through I died on the 5th level due to infection...

I think the enemies are randomly chosen... including data bugs...

I used Tsukasa and Elk. Kite Lvl 99, Tsukasa Lvl 99, Elk Lvl 99. All 99 equips, Phal Repth and Rip Maen on everyone...

I used a lot of Knight's Bane... or whatever it's called... I suggest not magic attacking enemies with physical tolerance unless you've used at least 5 debuffs an failed on all of them. (They tend to miss a lot)

My solution to this dungeon was pretty much throw cash at it... Get the absolute best equipment, with the best skills, 99 or all items you actually use, and level Kite and one other person to 99 (Provided you've been leveling most characters evenly they should all be close to 99 once at least 2 characters get there... party members level up based on a percentage of the the time spent and/or exp gained in areas...)

I myself used Drain Heart quite a lot... though I always had all the enemies broken and targeted at the same time. I'm really surprised I lived through the dungeon at all much less doing well...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...I've heard so many horror stories about this area, I'm crazy scared to try it out myself. XD

Probably why I wound up going back to G.U. after beating QUARANTINE... IMOQ is fun, but QUARANTINE is like ridiculous hard. Maybe it's just me. :\

Hell, I panicked when I went up to orange in Cubia's last dungeon... that was the first time I'd ever gotten that high, I'm like insanely careful about keeping the infection level in yellow at max >_<
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Hell, I panicked when I went up to orange in Cubia's last dungeon... that was the first time I'd ever gotten that high, I'm like insanely careful about keeping the infection level in yellow at max >_<
I think i reached all the way up to red in Cubia's dungeon, and that was because on like half the floors i actually tried to clear all the rooms...by the 5th floor, i decided to stop and barely made it to the end 'XD But still, Cubia's dungeon is like the easy version of Hidden Darkside Holy Ground...that area seriously lives up for all the many horror stories you've heard about it.

If you ever attempt it, i'd recommend you to set your careful "limits" to a bit higher...since your infection level will most likely start getting beyond yellow by the 3rd floor, 4th by being the most careful and lucky >3>' lol
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Alright, I tried the dungeon for the first time... by the third floor I was already at red, so, being the chicken I am, I turned tail and went back to town. XD

(I got some really nice items, though, so I didn't want to restart. XD Including a Cooked Bile or two, which I almost never get since I rarely go to dark-element areas.)
Uberlisten

Post by Uberlisten »

I found outbreak to be hard.. it got easier at the end, a little bit too easy, but sadly I never had gotten quarantine :( so I can't experience the horrors of this place
SpectralAura

Post by SpectralAura »

.hack//OUTBREAK is my favorite game of the series. Also for that dungeon, I hated those infected Psyche Vision. >.<