Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Logging back in.

Post by TheSorrow »

Anime Monkey wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:So overall...the best and most helpful thing you could do in Quarantine is NOT to data drain The Guardian. Unless you want a big challenge...that sure enough, comes with a great reward, but that's if you can beat it D8' lol
If you use a weapon that has a Death ability on it (such as Sora's blades) then you can take 'em down with a fair bit of ease. I say it's worth it for the crap-ton of experience you gain.
Yeah, i know that, in fact, that's how i used to fight them all the time. Sora's Blades are among my favorite Twin Blades too, and i OVERUSED them throughout Quarantine.

....But, using Sora's Blades against The Bracelet was how i found out about his insane physical attack D8 Whether you use Sora's Blades or not, you DEFINETLY shouldn't go fight that thing solo...at long range, it'll overspam you with spells, and at short range, even with Death, you're at a very dangerous risk of being hit by over 3000 damage before you realize it DX I did defeat other Bracelets before with Sora's Blades, but you could say that seeing how my poor Kite fell in 2 seconds made me paranoid about getting too close to it again .3.' lol
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Oh no, I figured you already knew. But I wanted to make sure that info was still brought up somehow.

And hell no, don't fight those frickin' things alone! You gotta be crazy to do that. Even with a party, you or your teammates end up dying at least once or twice. That's why a Wavemaster is nice to have around. XP
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

You gonna go for the item completion?
hidora

Post by hidora »

Anime Monkey wrote:And hell no, don't fight those frickin' things alone! You gotta be crazy to do that. Even with a party, you or your teammates end up dying at least once or twice. That's why a Wavemaster is nice to have around. XP
Thanks for calling me crazy >_>
I got from Lv89 to 99 while soloing that thing.
While I like Elk, I hate Wavemasters on IMOQ, they die too easily (Helba with her 9999HP is an exception, obviously).
IMO, they just suck.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Without Wavemasters, I'd have been dead in the Netslum dungeons, thank you Mistral XD
bloodcandylove

Post by bloodcandylove »

I just got Outbreak in the mail last night. All I have left to do in Mutation is beat that Marina R goblin ****. My point being, reading this is actually helpful xD Now I'll have somewhat of an idea of what to expect when I get to Quarantine.
hidora

Post by hidora »

bloodcandylove wrote:I just got Outbreak in the mail last night. All I have left to do in Mutation is beat that Marina R goblin ****. My point being, reading this is actually helpful xD Now I'll have somewhat of an idea of what to expect when I get to Quarantine.
Those goblins are a pain on Outbreak and Quarantine. It was harder to defeat Martina on Quarantine than defeating Corbenik =X

I just remembered that I was still using Fishskin for water magics at the end of Quarantine xD
I like Merrows =P
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

hidora wrote:Thanks for calling me crazy >_>
I got from Lv89 to 99 while soloing that thing.
Well damn, then that's impressive. Past a certain level though I can see that becoming less and less "crazy" sounding.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You could conceivably level up in a level 99 area if you're level 98. I'm pretty sure I'm doing that and trying to avoid The Bracelet due to its annoyingness...

...And besides, it's entirely possible to get to level 99 in INFECTION, if tedious, so it's not impossible to level up solely on enemies that only give 1 exp each XD
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

God, I keep getting confused every time I see "Sora" now. @_@