2024 - Unknown

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: 2024 - Unknown

Post by TheSorrow »

I guess wat your saying about kite(sora) being a secret/hidden character is true, she is fully playable after all. wat a way for CC2 to tease its fans by putting in a unknown UPC for the future installments. but now kite's image is somewhat ruined to me due to the extreme feminism displayed by her
Maybe they're trying to make a new "hero", but female this time, and using the looks of the most known hero of the series?
I doubt it though...i don't really think a female Kite would be a great character for a completely new series. And it's not like there's been lack of "heroines"...simply beginning with Mimiru and BlackRose, and you could maybe add Subaru and Atoli to the list too.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I don't think it ruins Kite at all. Hes always been meek. Shugo was a weak boy. So this new Kite being a boyish looking girl seems perfect. I like those heroes. I'm tired of anti-heroes. Its not edgy anymore.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

While Link has destroyed ANY expectations I hold for the future of .hack, gonna say though I think it's tired and old to use Kite's design I don't really mind. The reason for this being, LotT pulled the same **** off with Shugo and for a while was considered the last we'd see of .hack barring Intermezzo, Unison and GIFT. So doing it now, I really have no issues as it'd be similar enough (though shameless) this silly girly-Kite seems tons more likeable to me than Tokio ever did, and most importantly I barely care anymore... let them do what they want, we're almost done and Link's done enough to damage what more could THIS do?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Kite's always been freakin' adorable. 8D

...and if the cross rengeki with this "Kite" is any indicator, he/she will be freakin' hilarious XD
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

d5t wrote:Hey Tamashi, do you have better quality of your video? I would love to post it on dothackers main page.
I'm not Tamashi but Here.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzoFR0Ln008
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Maybe Kites sister/mother/roommate/girlfriend/daughter ( PLEASE NO!) decided to give The World a try and used his account.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

mr.classybear wrote:Maybe Kites sister/mother/roommate/girlfriend/daughter ( PLEASE NO!) decided to give The World a try and used his account.
I'm pretty sure Blackrose doesn't fit in what you're trying to say with this. :P
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I would prefer if CC2 lied to our faces and another game was on its way.
You and me both lol
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

wait a second

what is exactly .hack//link unknown? some chapter of the game?

and does that Kite-looking horrible character have a role in Link's story? why is he in the game?

damn, i don't have to hope..
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

and does that Kite-looking horrible character have a role in Link's story? why is he in the game?
Yes, it is some chapter in the game, however, from the looks of it, it looks like it's an optional after-game chapter, so it might not be involved directly in the story.
And i don't think anyone knows what's the role of that Kite overall...all i know is that such Kite looks and behaves like a girl, and so i've been referring to her as a "she" D: And her Cross Rengeki is silly and gives the impression like she's some kind of n00b who just started playing the game.l.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

TheSorrow wrote:

Yes, it is some chapter in the game, however, from the looks of it, it looks like it's an optional after-game chapter, so it might not be involved directly in the story.
And i don't think anyone knows what's the role of that Kite overall...all i know is that such Kite looks and behaves like a girl, and so i've been referring to her as a "she" D: And her Cross Rengeki is silly and gives the impression like she's some kind of n00b who just started playing the game.l.
well, then it might be related to another future project, yea
the chapter in link could be just a cameo teaser

the question is: a new game (third generation), or just a spin off anime or movie or manga?
CC2 said these medias will continue for 1 or 2 years so..

but i'm starting to think CC2 is trolling us :lol:
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

|kenji| wrote: the question is: a new game (third generation), or just a spin off anime or movie or manga?
I think it will be an anime. Watch this piece here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_pbJsaZOas
It's the same as the one posted before, but skip the first part and look at the scenes beginning with 0:50 when the girl(?) (maybe this new Kite?) starts talking. I am sure the following scenes are outtakes from an anime or movie, they doesn't seem like taken from a game.
At the end you can also see this mysterious man with sun glasses. But what is really interesting is this..."thing" in the sea. What is this? A submarine? And what is this name plate (or whatever) at 1:13?
It really doens't seem .hack- or better: cyberspace related, which is why I am really inquisitive about the whole thing right now.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Adhemas wrote:
|kenji| wrote: the question is: a new game (third generation), or just a spin off anime or movie or manga?
I think it will be an anime. Watch this piece here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_pbJsaZOas
It's the same as the one posted before, but skip the first part and look at the scenes beginning with 0:50 when the girl(?) (maybe this new Kite?) starts talking. I am sure the following scenes are outtakes from an anime or movie, they doesn't seem like taken from a game.
At the end you can also see this mysterious man with sun glasses. But what is really interesting is this..."thing" in the sea. What is this? A submarine? And what is this name plate (or whatever) at 1:13?
It really doens't seem .hack- or better: cyberspace related, which is why I am really inquisitive about the whole thing right now.
I think that confirms it. Hooray!
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Well then, thats interesting....
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

won't accept it until I see some confirmation ><
d5t

Post by d5t »

|kenji| wrote:won't accept it until I see some confirmation ><
You don't like primary sources?
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

d5t wrote:
that video could even be the intro of the new game or maybe a cutscene, we can't be sure it's related to an anime
I still hope 8)
d5t

Post by d5t »

|kenji| wrote:
d5t wrote:
that video could even be the intro of the new game or maybe a cutscene, we can't be sure it's related to an anime
I still hope 8)
I like your hope Kenji, just not Hope from FFXIII.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Great more gender confusion If that a girl it would reminds me of Persona 4 really...if it a boy they sure made him really gay like lol
So no name for Unknown Kite yet?
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Kite (Sora) (was posted earlier I believe), least that's what the wiki tells me, which I trust, forever: http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Kite_%28Sora%29