Stupid question (Sakisaka)

Ranylyn

Stupid question (Sakisaka)

Post by Ranylyn »

I haven't seen much of .hack//Roots, but from the bits I did see it looked to me like Sakisaka has 2 weaspons: a sword and a rifle. Is he an adept rogue, or does he just have a unique Bayonnet which made it look like a sword with the angle?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Stupid question (Sakisaka)

Post by TheSorrow »

He's a Steam Gunner who has a Bayonet, which isn't exactly unique, as all Bayonets can function and have looks like a sword at some level...after all, they're guns with a blade on the end, and if all you see is the end and just a bit of the rifle, it'll look just like a sword.

So, he's a Steam Gunner with a Bayonet that might look like a sword, because it kinda is one :P
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Gord's weapon looks like a blade, does that mean he's a Blade Brandier? :P

Yeah, there are bayonets that are more sword than gun, and Sakisaka's is no exception to that rule XD
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Thanks for clearing it up for me! It's just, I got kind of confused since it clearly looked like two different weapons (IIRC, a european longsword, and the gun itself resembled more of a WWII model, like maybe a German K98 IIRC? It's been months) I really should find .hack//Roots and watch it myself, but I've just been so busy. Now I know what to expect when I do watch it, though, thanks!
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I don't think that Adept Rogues can wield more than one weapon at the same time... it always seemed to me that Sakisaka mainly used his weapon like a sword, which is why it surprised me when I found out he was a Steam Gunner.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I don't think that Adept Rogues can wield more than one weapon at the same time... it always seemed to me that Sakisaka mainly used his weapon like a sword, which is why it surprised me when I found out he was a Steam Gunner.
Yeah, the first time I saw it, it appeared to be a sword. The second time it looked like a rifle. I never saw that it was the same weapon, Hence I thought he was an adept rogue and changed between Brandier and Steam Gunner. (And that is actually a deadly combination, actually. Blade Brandiers have a high rengeki chance and steam gunner skills are BRUTAL in GU if you hack a gunner into slot 1 and get the Rengeki. I had Kuhn with his non-powered lost weapon hitting 1k per hit with dust bullet on Abados at level 150 with a rengeki, it's crazy.)