Dothackers @ Anime Central 2009! [TIME FINALIZED!]

Important Announcements, including the forum rules
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Dothackers @ Anime Central 2009! [TIME FINALIZED!]

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, there's pretty much no way at this point. It is the day before. Heck, for most intents and purposes, it's already started. I'd bet the halls are already full of cosplayers confusing the business folk. In any other situation I might have at least been able to snag one of the free badges a staff friend of mine gets (just found out about that recently, actually), but this is just way too late. You could always wave to us from the hallway, though. Only entrance to the actual event rooms requires a badge...
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:Yeah, there's pretty much no way at this point. It is the day before. Heck, for most intents and purposes, it's already started. I'd bet the halls are already full of cosplayers confusing the business folk. In any other situation I might have at least been able to snag one of the free badges a staff friend of mine gets (just found out about that recently, actually), but this is just way too late. You could always wave to us from the hallway, though. Only entrance to the actual event rooms requires a badge...
You already there, BTW? Welcome to the real world outside of Indiana haha.
bigjoecool
Location: Root Town Brew City (Milwaukee, WI) Keywords: Stumbling Drunkass Eastsider

Post by bigjoecool »

sniff sniff, I feel so left out - my own fault. Is it in Rosemont every year? I'm there for sure next year.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, ACen is. And that went so well I'm totally up for doing another panel. I'm sure d5t will be posting pics soon.
Kyabetsu

Post by Kyabetsu »

Ugh, It was a mess in Artist Alley Friday so I didn't make it. =_=;; (Didn't get the table fully ready until about five.)

My friend was there as Tsukasa though, so I heard all about it. Can't wait to see some pics~
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Ack, that sucks. Well, at least the Artist Alley wasn't a claustrophobic nightmare this year. Last year they had you in there like sardines...

Good things, I hope? Honestly, an hour was way too short. We fit in everything we planned somehow, but that planning really failed to account for all the questions people wanted to ask during the (two minute) Q&A. Next time I think it might be cool to go into a deeper group discussion about the mysteries of .hack, and maybe show off some of the more obscure media like Epitaph of the Twilight.

If anyone who did go has any feedback, we'd love to hear it.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:Ack, that sucks. Well, at least the Artist Alley wasn't a claustrophobic nightmare this year. Last year they had you in there like sardines...

Good things, I hope? Honestly, an hour was way too short. We fit in everything we planned somehow, but that planning really failed to account for all the questions people wanted to ask during the (two minute) Q&A. Next time I think it might be cool to go into a deeper group discussion about the mysteries of .hack, and maybe show off some of the more obscure media like Epitaph of the Twilight.

If anyone who did go has any feedback, we'd love to hear it.
Next ACen .hack might be in full swing a bit (with the link PSP game) so yeah I want another stab at it! It was so much fun. A writeup is coming - taking my time writing it; a lot to talk about w/ a bunch of pics! BTW Chris (got your voice mail on Sunday), tell your buddy I'm looking for his VGA cable, and if worse comes to worse I'll send him a new one via New Egg; without him we wouldn't have had SOUND! :D
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yeah, definitely. If anything we're in the middle of what should be one the the major lulls in .hack fandom, but that room was still freaking packed. Didn't we say 50 as some sort of crazy we-wish estimate? I think I count more than that in just your picture...

Lol, awesome, I'll let him know.

Great writeup btw, and I'm not just saying that because it's about me! Yeah, it was funny how the first questions people had were about us (yup, I did say Steamgunner. Master ZED will probably correct me on this but it's my opinion that their high-powered close- and long- range attacks combined with the highest base physical attack stat in the game makes them the best. You can carry around customized guns for slicing and shooting and be something like a Multi-weapon anyway, but without the stat hit or dependence on special events). After getting outside the room I finally got hit with a lot more questions about .hack itself. We definitely need more Q&A next time, the expression on your face as I was trying to explain .hack//Epitaph of Twilight in under 30 seconds was awesome...
d5t

Post by d5t »

Kuukai wrote:Yeah, definitely. If anything we're in the middle of what should be one the the major lulls in .hack fandom, but that room was still freaking packed. Didn't we say 50 as some sort of crazy we-wish estimate? I think I count more than that in just your picture...

Lol, awesome, I'll let him know.

Great writeup btw, and I'm not just saying that because it's about me! Yeah, it was funny how the first questions people had were about us (yup, I did say Steamgunner. Master ZED will probably correct me on this but it's my opinion that their high-powered close- and long- range attacks combined with the highest base physical attack stat in the game makes them the best. You can carry around customized guns for slicing and shooting and be something like a Multi-weapon anyway, but without the stat hit or dependence on special events). After getting outside the room I finally got hit with a lot more questions about .hack itself. We definitely need more Q&A next time, the expression on your face as I was trying to explain .hack//Epitaph of Twilight in under 30 seconds was awesome...
Haha actually (I don't think I told you) I sent a couple of people after you - they started talking about some deep, deep stuff and I said "That's a Chris question..."
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Lol, yeah, they told me you did actually. I can't remember what the question was, though...
marthwmaster
The Fullglass Optimist
The Fullglass Optimist

Post by marthwmaster »

I'm glad to hear it went so well. I really wanted to go, but I heard about the panel too late to make any plans. I really, sincerely intend to be at the next ACen if you decide to do it again in 2010, though.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

We do, so plan on it.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

You know, I had some friends who went to ACen... and they mentioned hearing about the .hack panel.
Come to Sakura-Con, dammit. Us West Coasters want to participate too. [insert sad face]

Either way, I'm glad the panel was such a success. Hope for a bigger time slot next year!
d5t

Post by d5t »

Anime Monkey wrote:You know, I had some friends who went to ACen... and they mentioned hearing about the .hack panel.
Come to Sakura-Con, dammit. Us West Coasters want to participate too. [insert sad face]

Either way, I'm glad the panel was such a success. Hope for a bigger time slot next year!
I always see cheap air fair commercials to Seattle, WA - so who knows? :D Thanks for the complements! BTW, explain this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4 :D
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

d5t wrote:BTW, explain this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4 :D
If I could I would have long ago, just to save my own sanity.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I might be up for going to Sakura-con if the whole deal was cheap enough. Would be cool to actually go to another convention...
bigjoecool
Location: Root Town Brew City (Milwaukee, WI) Keywords: Stumbling Drunkass Eastsider

Post by bigjoecool »

Yeah, I like that commercial. I probably won't be going to Sakura-con, but I did get a much better job so I'm 100% for ACen next year.
ayekasong

Post by ayekasong »

Hi there! I am curious as to whether or not there are any set or in-progress plans for the panel this year? Some of us are planning to do .hack costumes, and we'd love to have a shoot around the time of the panel if possible. :)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yep, we're definitely planning on doing it again! ^^ No concrete plans quite yet, though...
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

Looking forward to going. Ever since we started getting new info on //Link, I've been pretty busy working on cosplay designs. I'll be finished with Xth Form Tokio in about two to four weeks tops. *Just a note. I'm black, so the cosplay won't be 100% accurate. :/ So just give me a time, date, and location for the convention. Hopefully, it won't take place during school or church, and is somewhere within a 400 mile radius, otherwise I can't go to represent you guys. T_T