What I think

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

What I think

Post by shugo_lover »

Well This is just what I think.
Know when I found this image someone had labled what I labled hotaru ouka and ouka hotaru.

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: What I think

Post by TheSorrow »

Uh....Ouka is where it says Hotaru (and that random "Your text here" thingy), and Hotaru is where it says Ouka. Meaning, that "someone" who labeled them when you found the image was right, and yes, everyone else is labeled as they really are (and that's 4-year-old Mireille, yeah at the age where i began to understand what a controller was she was already playing MMO's and being very good at them XD).

And sure, you might think otherwise, but that image was released with the correct names of each player, to indeed show everyone what they look like in real life, and the ones to say so were the creators themselves, so if you think otherwise, you're wrong :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's suspicion that the person with their back turned may be Alberio, instead of Balmung.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Really alberio? I never thought of that, It could very well be.
and yeah I didnt notice the messed up text thing. I just thought the the quiet looking girl seemed like hotaru and that person labeled them them selves.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

If you compare with the panel where Watarai walks away, they're the exact same guy. Same exact haircut, coat, everything. He looks pretty different from XXXX's IRL Balmung, too.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Though XXXX is another universe that sports different character designs to a degree, I'd take it for a grain of salt, myself. It is a bit bothersome that Balmung's not actually in the picture, but it fits with Shugo's and Rena's speculations about him being in every direction. I prefer him never being given a face.

Or maybe Albireo and Balmung look exactly the same and that's why Kamui is crushing on both of them lawl? :D
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Hmm. I was thinking since .hack//Legend of Twilight is (sort of) an extension of AI Buster and this was just Albireo and that Kazushi Watarai's back is turned to represent that he exists only in the background to the story. He does appear the same as in the panel. Given XXXX I thought they hid Balmung's appearance like with Kite and Orca until their represpective manga, since Legend of Twilight is more of a new era type event.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:Though XXXX is another universe that sports different character designs to a degree, I'd take it for a grain of salt, myself. It is a bit bothersome that Balmung's not actually in the picture, but it fits with Shugo's and Rena's speculations about him being in every direction. I prefer him never being given a face.

Or maybe Albireo and Balmung look exactly the same and that's why Kamui is crushing on both of them lawl? :D
Well obviously, in 1991, when Watarai was about 9, members of a secret international anthroposophy cult ascertained that he was The Chosen One (TM) and covertly created a clone backup to serve their interests in case he happened to defect and/or they needed a scapegoat at some point. After the clone was born, they moved forward with their plan to stage a tragic car crash, which served as the impetus for Emma to write the Epitaph of the Twilight. All the while, they mentally conditioned their clone to get the same haircut as the original. It's the simplest explanation, really. It couldn't possibly be that it's not Balmung.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kuukai wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Though XXXX is another universe that sports different character designs to a degree, I'd take it for a grain of salt, myself. It is a bit bothersome that Balmung's not actually in the picture, but it fits with Shugo's and Rena's speculations about him being in every direction. I prefer him never being given a face.

Well obviously, in 1991, when Watarai was about 9, members of a secret international anthroposophy cult ascertained that he was The Chosen One (TM) and covertly created a clone backup to serve their interests in case he happened to defect and/or they needed a scapegoat at some point. After the clone was born, they moved forward with their plan to stage a tragic car crash, which served as the impetus for Emma to write the Epitaph of the Twilight. All the while, they mentally conditioned their clone to get the same haircut as the original. It's the simplest explanation, really. It couldn't possibly be that it's not Balmung.
Yea, I know. I'm just screwing around.

Though that cloned Chosen One theory...hm....I like it. :D
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Just thought I'd mention that Reki Magi and Kamui are all wearing ID badges and the one facing backward also seems to be wearing a laniard. I realize this doesn't resolve who it is but it points in the direction of a CC corp. employee.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Good point.