About G.u Trilogy..

Haseootamashi

About G.u Trilogy..

Post by Haseootamashi »

Give me your opinion on it. Was it good. Was it bad? Is it worth watching subbed?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: About G.u Trilogy..

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The movie was good and the balttes were well done. As a .hack fan you should enjoy it. One weakness in Trilogy however is the storyline. Anyone who had a limited knowlege of G.U. or separated the movie individually would see certain plot holes are become confused. Azure Flame Kite did appear but he isn't explained.
Last edited by |<!73 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Eh, besides the romance, several missing key events and characters, and heart-warming moments, Trilogy turned out okay. The way the story ran though, would sort of...Throw you off, or at least leave you saying, "Uh..Okaaay?" The first 30 minutes or so actually run through the same events as the games, just in different aspects. In short, 90 minutes wasn't enough time to create an alternate telling of the G.U. storyline while at least trying to stick to the original concept.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

It's sort of like Napoleon Dynamite. The first time you watch it you're thinking, "What the crap is this?!" Then you watch it again and go, "Hey, this ain't so bad. It's kind of good, actually." And so this cycle repeats itself, over and over, each subsequent viewing becoming more enjoyable than the last.

Basically, if you've played the games then you should give the movie a try. If nothing else, it's damn purty.
coslink

Post by coslink »

I haven't played the g.u. games (but i've read the manga/novel/roots) and I really liked it. I understood it, but I can see why a "non .hack// fan" could dislike it for being too comlicated.

I just missed sakubo :(
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I wouldn't normally recommend it to those who haven't played the games but if you've read the manga/novels and watched roots (like coslink) you should be able to overcome everything that was left out and enjoy it anyway.
coslink

Post by coslink »

Yeah. I couldn't get the games becuase I'm a fellow PAL gamer, (and it the games never got released in the UK) so, becuase i'm a huge .hack fan, I didn't have a choice, and had to read the books over and over and learn about .hack// g.u. as much as I could Dx
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

I enjoyed it from a movie standpoint, but as a .hack fan I thought it was at points just like what the hell?

...that might also have to do with the fact that I downloaded a copy which didn't have subtitles, but the pretty pictures were there.

Also, based on haseo's fight with ovan, or at least the start of it, haseo can beat cloud's ass any day of the week.
Rozalin

Post by Rozalin »

Well the movie I got for about cheap price at Amazon was not dub that was the only downfall if it knew that I would not bought it since I DO own the blue ray one the Japanese one it almost the same except it wasn't a bonus and it didn't come with the extra that the blue ray come With but other then that the story have not changed it was nice to watch if you like fantasy and romance and a little angst it is worth of Watching and buying really cheap price if you know ware to look.