Trilogy Discussion Thread

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by AuraTwilight »

that being said i think AT is crazy the JP VA that Trilogy uses for Ovan does NOT do him justice and he is practically THE main character
It's the original voice actor, how does it not do him justice? It's Ovan's ORIGINAL VOICE.
HeadHunter

Post by HeadHunter »

Dunno if it was asked already, but will there be Blu-ray US release of the movie? I saw only dvd on amazon.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

HeadHunter wrote:Dunno if it was asked already, but will there be Blu-ray US release of the movie? I saw only dvd on amazon.
No, there are no plans for any Blu-ray release.
HeadHunter

Post by HeadHunter »

Anime Monkey wrote:
HeadHunter wrote:Dunno if it was asked already, but will there be Blu-ray US release of the movie? I saw only dvd on amazon.
No, there are no plans for any Blu-ray release.
Thanks, but meh, thats disappointing, was so looking forward to some full hd .hack awesomeness.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

not sure if i read any of this correctly or not, but there was a movie?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

.Hack//GU Trilogy is an OVA based off GU, though with several differences especially by the end. You could consider it a GU movie though :P

Post by Avatar_Crim »

ah ok, well, i guess i need to get going on the games then, considering im still on infection :P but thats what i get for buying a ps2 soo late.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I tried to watch the trilogy, I really did. However, the amount of Haseo and Atoli annoyed so much out of me. If there were more characters in it maybe, but honestly I couldn't watch it. Perhaps what they had to cut bothered me. I can understand that though, it would have been a much longer movie if they had included everything.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

he just comes off as ordinary to me Ovan is a unique interesting genius and it just didnt show it..

Post by Avatar_Crim »

would it ruin anything if i watched it without having played the games? I have seen //roots and that was pretty interesting, even if i didnt get what was happening. (prolly cause i didnt play the games i am assuming?)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Avatar_Crim wrote:would it ruin anything if i watched it without having played the games? I have seen //roots and that was pretty interesting, even if i didnt get what was happening. (prolly cause i didnt play the games i am assuming?)
The plot by the end is very different, but what you see in Trilogy as well as the characters' identities are real and the same way they are in GU, so yeah, it would ruin quite alot 'XD

Post by Avatar_Crim »

alright, then i shall not watch it til i get to that point in the games. I dont care for skipping stuff to much and not understanding what is happening. Also, what kind of movie is it? By that i mean is the graphics like a 3-d thing similar to the games, or the same as the shows would be?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Avatar_Crim wrote:alright, then i shall not watch it til i get to that point in the games. I dont care for skipping stuff to much and not understanding what is happening. Also, what kind of movie is it? By that i mean is the graphics like a 3-d thing similar to the games, or the same as the shows would be?
The graphics are identical to those of the FMV scenes from the game. In fact, you'll see that a few scenes are the very same ones as in the game, with no absolute different between them XD It's not anime-like like Roots.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

oh ok. well, it has most definitely caught my interest and now i have another good reason why i should complete these games.
DotHack-Haseo

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

TheSorrow wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:alright, then i shall not watch it til i get to that point in the games. I dont care for skipping stuff to much and not understanding what is happening. Also, what kind of movie is it? By that i mean is the graphics like a 3-d thing similar to the games, or the same as the shows would be?
The graphics are identical to those of the FMV scenes from the game. In fact, you'll see that a few scenes are the very same ones as in the game, with no absolute different between them XD It's not anime-like like Roots.
How wrong you are my friend. The scenes are well above what the PS2 is capable of producing. So comparing the scenes and saying there are no changes to it at all is kind of moronic, I would think. Or do you not notice all the Gaussian blur, faster movement, and all around improved quality. You have to be blind to not notice the change in quality.

Although, I do admit that some of the scenes are the same.....they have been ramped up a considerable amount to look good. And have you seen this movie from the R2 DVD perspective on a HD TV? Gorgeous. And when I play .Hack//G.U.-RRR on it, it doesn't look at all anything like the movie does, not even the FMV scenes.

Just saying man......
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

How wrong you are my friend. The scenes are well above what the PS2 is capable of producing. So comparing the scenes and saying there are no changes to it at all is kind of moronic, I would think. Or do you not notice all the Gaussian blur, faster movement, and all around improved quality. You have to be blind to not notice the change in quality.

Although, I do admit that some of the scenes are the same.....they have been ramped up a considerable amount to look good. And have you seen this movie from the R2 DVD perspective on a HD TV? Gorgeous. And when I play .Hack//G.U.-RRR on it, it doesn't look at all anything like the movie does, not even the FMV scenes.

Just saying man......
I watched it in YouTube and Veoh, do you think i can notice "improved quality" on that!? XD

And maybe they're far more detailed and with more quality and all that, but my point was more that some scenes were the same one in content from GU. Let's simply take the scene of the first Azure Kite fight (lv133 Haseo), or AIDA attacking (more like raping) Atoli...both scenes follow the very same motion as they do in the games, with Haseo and everyone else moving the very same and doing the very same with no absolute change at all. Sure, they might improved the graphics quality, but they're the very same scenes nonetheless...just grabbed from the games and spiffied up for better quality, that's it.
DotHack-Haseo

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

TheSorrow wrote:

Just saying man......
I watched it in YouTube and Veoh, do you think i can notice "improved quality" on that!? XD

And maybe they're far more detailed and with more quality and all that, but my point was more that some scenes were the same one in content from GU. Let's simply take the scene of the first Azure Kite fight (lv133 Haseo), or AIDA attacking (more like raping) Atoli...both scenes follow the very same motion as they do in the games, with Haseo and everyone else moving the very same and doing the very same with no absolute change at all. Sure, they might improved the graphics quality, but they're the very same scenes nonetheless...just grabbed from the games and spiffied up for better quality, that's it.
Except in the movie version when Haseo Fight's Azure Kite, He doesn't bring out his scythe like he does in the game XD That's a change as well.

The opening fight where it's a nighttime instead of daytime or dusk, like it was in the game. There are a lot of subtle changes. And the creators also put more emphasis on making his eyes look a lot better and glow more evily. I suggest getting the DVD. I have the R2 DVD, and it's just awesome quality.

But, I also know where you are getting at as well.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The opening fight where it's a nighttime instead of daytime or dusk, like it was in the game. There are a lot of subtle changes. And the creators also put more emphasis on making his eyes look a lot better and glow more evily. I suggest getting the DVD. I have the R2 DVD, and it's just awesome quality.
That battle is so darn different though, maybe taking aspects of the "original" one from the games, but done specfically for the movie rather than taking it from the games, like the other scenes. And i'll definetly get the DVD if i find it somewhere around here by a miracle or something XD It was tough enough to get the games, and buying online is still a no-go for me, sadly...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

To me, It wasn't that big of a difference when it came to re-creating the scenes from the games into the movie though. Sure, let's make the Hulle Granz Cathedral a little darker to add more emotion, or make Haseo do some flips of some sort, or make Haseo's expressions stupidly more demonic. XD but, at least for the first half hour or so, everything was basically the same. If it were going to be a re-telling of the series, they should of at least showed the game cutscenes from completely different angles and views 95% of the time..
DotHack-Haseo

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

I was just completely disappointed how they left out some of the lesser characters from the series.
I suppose it couldn't be helped, but it would have been nice. Although, at the very end, Ovan has a flashback and sees every characters. It shows them standing all in one bunch, and they are all there. But it goes by really quick.

Endrance would have been nice to see, as well as.......gaaahhh, I feel bad for not remembering her name. The girl with the split personality. I would have loved to see them both in there at some point, besides the ending. Would have added a little more flavor, I think.