//REMINISCE Codes thread

Sanha_Trio

Re: //REMINISCE Codes thread

Post by Sanha_Trio »

"BladeSongX"
Well yes, you have the character modifier code for reminisce so you can use npc's like kuhn and alkaid. Then in the redemption thread you have the form modifier to change haseos form which u can convert to reminisce but yes you'll find all the codes you need between the threads so you should have no problem doin what you want to do.
Actually, there is. I have no clue on how to convert codes for one game to a different one. I only know how to convert codes for different cheat devices...I also beta Rebirth, so I just have to do post game stuff until I star Vol. 2.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote: Actually, there is. I have no clue on how to convert codes for one game to a different one. I only know how to convert codes for different cheat devices...I also beta Rebirth, so I just have to do post game stuff until I star Vol. 2.
Well my opinion is that using the character modifier is only worth it for redemption, being that its the final game and its more gratifying to me in the final volume being that you have more towns to explore and more items to fool around with your newly aquired characters through modding than you would in the previous 2 volumes. I guess using the character modifier in reminisce couldnt hurt either if you want to try it out, the more power to ya! As for converting the codes between volumes theres a post in the redemption codes thread that ZED wrote that gives you the offsets you need to convert the codes between volumes. you can download an online converter from the code masters project's website to convert the codes between the volumes using the offsets Master ZED posted. Im not really very well educated on this sort of topic although im tryin to learn but i'll try to help you anyway i can if ya need it. you can always PM me if ya need to.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

Well my opinion is that using the character modifier is only worth it for redemption, being that its the final game and its more gratifying to me in the final volume being that you have more towns to explore and more items to fool around with your newly aquired characters through modding than you would in the previous 2 volumes. I guess using the character modifier in reminisce couldnt hurt either if you want to try it out, the more power to ya! As for converting the codes between volumes theres a post in the redemption codes thread that ZED wrote that gives you the offsets you need to convert the codes between volumes. you can download an online converter from the code masters project's website to convert the codes between the volumes using the offsets Master ZED posted. Im not really very well educated on this sort of topic although im tryin to learn but i'll try to help you anyway i can if ya need it. you can always PM me if ya need to.
Okay thanks. Well, this was a good way to increase my post count at least.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

I know this is off topic but i noticed that my status went from lurker to dot hacker but i was wondering how that is determined? Is it determined by the number of posts or by other means? I dont really care although it is pretty cool but just for educational purposes i was wondering how that is determined.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

BladeSongX wrote:I know this is off topic but i noticed that my status went from lurker to dot hacker but i was wondering how that is determined? Is it determined by the number of posts or by other means? I dont really care although it is pretty cool but just for educational purposes i was wondering how that is determined.
Like in almost every forum that keeps a postcount on members, there are some ranks which are given according to the total postcount you have, and they work for...well, whatever reason and meaning you want to give to postcount :P lol
Here are the ranks:

Lurker: 1
.hacker: 25
.hack//legend: 300
.hack//expert: 700
.hack//aficionado: 1000
custom (PM an admin for a custom rank): 2000

Each ranks also means one more star to...that thingy under your avatar with the stars, which is only a graphic display of the rank. Pretty obvious i know, but i had to say it :P
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

I read that somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I still have 9 posts left.T_T

One last question about the character mod. DOes Haseo's level stay the same even ifthat character gains levels?
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote:I read that somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I still have 9 posts left.T_T

One last question about the character mod. DOes Haseo's level stay the same even ifthat character gains levels?
Yes I believe that haseo's lv remains unchanged even when that character gains levels. You could always change your character back to haseo to check it out but im pretty sure that his level will stay the same.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

"BladeSongX"

Yes I believe that haseo's lv remains unchanged even when that character gains levels. You could always change your character back to haseo to check it out but im pretty sure that his level will stay the same.
Then i'm set. I'll defineatly use a diff character on redemption, too. I'm still working on finishing up post game stuff in rebirth, but all that is left is maxing out Piros affection("Your love makes me hot!" Just scares me.) and finding the rest of the monsters.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Sanha_Trio wrote:
"BladeSongX"

Then i'm set. I'll defineatly use a diff character on redemption, too. I'm still working on finishing up post game stuff in rebirth, but all that is left is maxing out Piros affection("Your love makes me hot!" Just scares me.) and finding the rest of the monsters.
A completionist are we?

And who wouldn't be frightened by Piros...?
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

Piros himself?

Anyway, I started Reminisce today, and I decided ot try out Alkaid from the start(The first area with all the PK's.) She CAN ride the bike and kick chim chim...but theg ,e frooze when some enemies caught her while she was still on the bike. She was able to open the chest, but it froze. T_T
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote: Anyway, I started Reminisce today, and I decided ot try out Alkaid from the start(The first area with all the PK's.) She CAN ride the bike and kick chim chim...but theg ,e frooze when some enemies caught her while she was still on the bike. She was able to open the chest, but it froze. T_T

I hear the character mod code can be glitchy during the storyline and crash at times. I wouldnt really know myself cause I havent had any experience playing as any other characters during the storyline. I've only really used the code post game which i hear works better after you beat the game but i dont know if its true or not. You could keep on trying the code and see what affects it has on the game as you play or you could just try to quickly beat the game and use the code at your leisure.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

I always keep a separate file saved with clear data just for special characters... That way if I screw something up, my main file is safe. (And I just DID screw up... All my leveling I did on Sophora has gone to waste...)
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

Satoh wrote:I always keep a separate file saved with clear data just for special characters... That way if I screw something up, my main file is safe. (And I just DID screw up... All my leveling I did on Sophora has gone to waste...)
When a character gains a item it doesn't show up on the list. IS this fixed post game?
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Sanha_Trio wrote:
Satoh wrote:I always keep a separate file saved with clear data just for special characters... That way if I screw something up, my main file is safe. (And I just DID screw up... All my leveling I did on Sophora has gone to waste...)
When a character gains a item it doesn't show up on the list. IS this fixed post game?

That's because most of the time it's being added to Haseo's inventory. I HAVE had cases where all my items are added and used from Sophora's inventory, but I don't know how to trigger the swap. I generally give my swapped characters some items I plan to use via cheats...

Also, if you plan to use characters like this, be sure to set Haseo's form to 0 (his first form) or changing armor will attempt to switch your weapon (because haseo has 3 weapon slots)
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

I was told to switch to his second form before I use a character. Problem is, I can't find the converter to convert the code from redemption to reminisce.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

"Conversion to Reminisce should only need code - 000865D0h."

so... fire up windows calculator and put it in hex mode and do this

10B46FCC - 865D0 and that should give you Haseo's form modifier. (If I understood Master ZED's notes.)

theoretically that should work on all the codes in ZED's document.

(btw that should end up as... 10AC09FC 00000001 [00000001 = haseo's 2nd form])
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

Satoh wrote:"Conversion to Reminisce should only need code - 000865D0h."

so... fire up windows calculator and put it in hex mode and do this

10B46FCC - 865D0 and that should give you Haseo's form modifier. (If I understood Master ZED's notes.)

theoretically that should work on all the codes in ZED's document.

(btw that should end up as... 10AC09FC 00000001 [00000001 = haseo's 2nd form])
So if I change the 1 to 2(In redemption.) Would that make him revert back to his third form? I kinda like that better than his xth form. Even if it's because of the tail.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

His on screen model is unaffected by his actual form. You can change his model with this code (You'll have to do the math on it first.)

00B4E72C 000000?? - Haseo

setting it to 0 will look like first form, 1 will be 2nd, 2 will be 3rd. (I don't think Xth is in reminisce so don't use 3)
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

Satoh wrote:His on screen model is unaffected by his actual form. You can change his model with this code (You'll have to do the math on it first.)

00B4E72C 000000?? - Haseo

setting it to 0 will look like first form, 1 will be 2nd, 2 will be 3rd. (I don't think Xth is in reminisce so don't use 3)
So I was kinda right. I can feel the hacker in me growing. Teach me more, sensei!
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote: So I was kinda right. I can feel the hacker in me growing. Teach me more, sensei!
I hope the hacker in you does grow so you can help me learn more as well lol.