End of Cubia?? Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

|<!73

Re: End of Cubia?? Caution you are about to enter a spoiler zone

Post by |<!73 »

Then its fortunate that the scene is with every character that you bring to fight Cubia. It took me a bit to get the full process, but think Yata said it pretty clear. "If the obstruction of its regenerative capabilities has damaged its power supply and caused it to divide... then this may be our chance, Haseo" (Yata)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except that quote wasn't in reference to the Dopplegangers at all, but to the three-formed Cubia Core.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Actually it was. Each scene leading up to that with the other characters state that Cubia is in Pain, or is damaged because everyone else is fighting it. Even Alkaid got her say. The idea is basic, sending several groups to attack Cubia from different points making it generate Anti Existences to fight off each. Since Cubia was the anti existence of only a certain thing it had to use it power to keep matching the others. In addition it also kept regenerating the Anti Existences to keep those groups back using its power even further.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Regardless, that doesn't really mean it's power was divided, as that implies things that aren't really true. The more accurate word would be "distributed", really. And even if it's power wasn't distributing it, attacking it's other selves will hurt.
prier

Post by prier »

what about a light ( the bracelet) that enlightened the whole room that there is no place for a shadow anymore?( if u know what i mean)
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

No its correct. Distributing is about giving from a source and spreading it, splitting is also a form of distrubuting by separating, giving one part a certain amount before hand or leaving enough power before the split. Though instead of going about the words I want to focus on qoutes. I've already stated that Cubia has divided. Can you provide a qoute stating his power isn't being used or effected?

About the bracelet, nothing is stated specifically if anything was done for preventing Cubia's rebirth. The only changes that occured are Morganna's Defeat, Aura's Birth and The Bracelet's reconstruction.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

what about a light ( the bracelet) that enlightened the whole room that there is no place for a shadow anymore?( if u know what i mean)
There are shadows wherever there is light.
No its correct. Distributing is about giving from a source and spreading it, splitting is also a form of distrubuting by separating, giving one part a certain amount before hand or leaving enough power before the split. Though instead of going about the words I want to focus on qoutes. I've already stated that Cubia has divided. Can you provide a qoute stating his power isn't being used or effected?
None on hand, but I do know that in the original script, the word "hirogari" was used, which translates into "spread" and not "divide." I call creative license on that, since to me, division gives the impression that the Dopplegangers were somehow made independent of Cubia, which is silly.
prier

Post by prier »

yea i guess u r right aura twilight
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

You state the word "Hirogari" is used yet you lack the script. I'm not much for trusting memory over information, tell me which scene you think its in, I'll look for a quote. Also something to note is the entire battle against Cubia Core and The Anti Existences takes place in Cubia to start. If there was a split I don't think it would be an issue to keep both sides moving independently...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You state the word "Hirogari" is used yet you lack the script. I'm not much for trusting memory over information, tell me which scene you think its in, I'll look for a quote. Also something to note is the entire battle against Cubia Core and The Anti Existences takes place in Cubia to start. If there was a split I don't think it would be an issue to keep both sides moving independently...
I distinctly remember Hirogari; I know it doesn't count for anything, but when my memory decides to be reliable, it's the Word of God; I lack the script because I don't have the games with me and thus can't look at them; I remember Hirogari being in the Japanese counterpart of the "divide" line of Yata you brought up.

Irregardless, being within Cubia is another reason why I don't feel "Divide" is really appropriate. There's no actual division of power, space, etc., If anything, it could probably be compared to Morganna, who manifested as the Phases without ACTUALLY dividing, which would be very appropriate, given what Cubia is opposing.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I wasn't able to obtain the DATA.CVM for the Japanese version. The quote should be in there, however it will wait for now. However, I was able to replay the battle against Cubia and gather more information. The part about stopping Cubia's restoration is more than confirmed. Following all the way to the core there is a scene about stopping Cubia's revival. I also found two more quotes. "It appears obstructing its regenerative capabilities has got it cornered! This is out chance, Haseo" (Zelkova) "If stopping the regenerations from occurring has brought down the regenerative capability of Cubia Core itself... then this is our only chance to beat it, Haseo! (Pi)

Although Cubia's return is unknown after the game there is a mail from Pi "CC Corp is preforming a general maintenance sweep of The World right now. Don't worry. They haven't found a trace of Cubia. (Pi) Haseo also says to a mail from Kaede that they were able to defeat Cubia once and for all because of the help of everyone from Moon Tree. Though it is unknown there seems to be the conclusion that Cubia is no longer in The World. The only thing I am thinking of otherwise is the greeting card mail to Natsume where Haseo says if Cubia were to ever return he would be happy have her help...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

If anything, that only confirms that this manifestation of Cubia was defeated. I highly doubt CC Corp has the ability to find Cubia when he's inactive.
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

I believe that first quote would come under my jurisdiction then. If they are inside Cubia they are basically surrounded completely by his power. The funny thing is those copycats were meant to be a match to everyone in your party. If that being the case Haseo was already about 3/4's to having the same amount of power as Cubia (that was not a accurate percentage since all they were missing was Ovan's power and his power was a unknown percentage). Thinking about that how would Cubia be able to create copies of the party and yet still maintain its own power since it had first made 3 copies of Haseo and then each time of the encounter made a copy of the other two party members. Then you have the issue with even if he was able to do that (which would be somewhat hard to do constantly) you need to take into account the fact that he either made more than just 3 copies to keep everyone busy or that he was reviving them everytime they died. Either one of those two would exert the same amount of power to do. So how was he not significantly weakened because as far as we know he made 27 copies and that is just a minimum amount. We don't know when we left the other guys if they killed more copies and he replaced them again.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Your entire argument falls apart because: Haseo and Cubia are equal in power. They're two sides of the same coin.
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

No Haseo and Cubia are not equal because Haseo lacks a piece that would make him equal to Cubia. An also my argument would still be valid because if they are equal in strength then it means Cubia is using even more power to create the Haseo copycats.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Haseo Dopplegangers are only copies of his statistical PC, not the more abberant Key of the Twilight in it. Haseo and Cubia are equal because they're two sides of the same coin, just like Kite and Cubia were.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Question though. Why are they listed as "Anti-exsistinces A, B, or C" instead of dopplegangers.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because they're basically aspects of Cubia.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

The Anti Existence Cubia creates vanish after Haseo leaves the battle arena. If you look back after defeating each you can still see your party members standing before their Anti Existence. This still applies before facing Cubia Core, by looking over the edge you should be able to spot about four of your party members.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I've noticed that, but I didn't think it would have any importance on the story. I just continued heading towards the core.