About Phase HP

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Altre

About Phase HP

Post by Altre »

GB-chan had a topic on this, but it's old soooooo...

The phases do have infinite HP, I sorta have cheats, and decided to see how far down I could get the HP of data bugs and Skeith.
They both went down to 50% of the bar at least, but even after hitting 50,000 and 90,000 per hit, the bar stopped.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: About Phase HP

Post by TheSorrow »

I've done tests like that too, but never on a Phase. Thanks for letting me know that the HP bar behaves the same way with both Data Bugs and Phases :3
Pretty much, against those 2 kind of enemies, the amount of damage done isn't really relevant, only the amount of hits and the type of attacks used to deliver those things, that affect the speed in which the target gets into Protect Break. With the same kind of attacks, the Phase/Data Bug will get into Protect Break at the same amount of time/hits regardless if they're hits from 5-10 damage to 9999 damage each.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Yup, my attraction for messing around with programing is partially why I like .Hack.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

And so is mine, sorta XD I like .Hack for alot various reasons, but it's a game where you can easily mess around it and figure out alot of stuff. I enjoyed pretty much my whole research about Data bugs and Phases and their HP bars :P

Also, regarding the Phases and Data Bugs's HP data, the symbols shown follow a certain order, an order where some of them are repeated before making a full "cycle". And they do have an amount of HP, as it can be seen through Death's ability (reduces the target's HP to 10%)...but well, the amount is screwed, as you can inflict 15000 damage in the first "Death" hit, and then 14000 in the next one, and so on until reaching somewhere around 6000, an amount that will always remain like that even after 10 more "Death" hits.
And also, at least with Data Bugs, the lesser the HP is, the faster it takes them for getting into Protect Break. At the "lowest" HP amount, it takes no more than 10 normal hits for them to be Protect Broken again. I might be wrong on this though, since the Protect Break "speed" perhaps only changes by the amount of times they have been PB before...and by the time i get them at such HP, they've been PB at least 5 times XD
Altre

Post by Altre »

Yeah, checked out everything from the old thread. What I need now are specific weapon codes for the Originals and G.U. I would like to learn how to homebrew codes, but I don't have the time.