Question about Haseo's Third Form

_Tri-edge_

Question about Haseo's Third Form

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

In //ROOTS, shortly after reaching the end of the FOP, Haseo confronts Harold. After that, Harold gives Haseo his Third form. This is sort of weird though, since he went from his first form and jumped straight into his third form, skipping his second. So if this is true, then at first, was Haseo's Third form really a "normal" job extension, or was it because of Haseo's desire for revenge against Tri-edge, since Harold, I believe, gives the winner what they truly desire, of some sort. Just like with Ovan in the FOP in Vol.3
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Question about Haseo's Third Form

Post by TheSorrow »

It wasn't normal, since the FoP event wasn't even normal to begin with. Harald gave Haseo what was more fitting for him, in a way...he replied his question in a mean and harsh way, so he gave him the instant Job Extension to use all 3 weapons and increased his level up to 133. Seemed more like Harald gave it as a punishment of sorts, but either way, Haseo was happy enough with it.
But anyways, it wasn't a normal Job Extension, or something that could actually happen normally.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

he replied his question in a mean and harsh way, so he gave him the instant Job Extension to use all 3 weapons and increased his level up to 133.
Which probably explains why it looks the way it is. Mean, harsh....Yeah, it fits. So why does he recieve it again in Vol.2 after finishing such a simple quest? He basically did the reverse to recieve it, after finally realizing that the moral of the quest was, "true power is Friendship." :lol: sounds like something out of Pokemon.

Seemed more like Harald gave it as a punishment of sorts, but either way, Haseo was happy enough with it.
From what you are portraying, Harald gave Haseo all of this power, as punishment? Makes sense, seeing as how the power eventually got to his head when he went looking for Tri-edge.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Harald basically thought Haseo was a cocky bastard, so he jumpstarted his power in a "Be careful what you wish for" scenario, possibly to teach Haseo a lesson about having power without the wisdom to weild it properly.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:Harald basically thought Haseo was a cocky bastard, so he jumpstarted his power in a "Be careful what you wish for" scenario, possibly to teach Haseo a lesson about having power without the wisdom to weild it properly.
Ah, I see. Sounds like Harald to do that sort of thing. However, I'm still confused at the fact that Haseo recieves it again in Vol.2, but yet, he finished a simple quest, instead of a 100 floor dungeon. After recieving it the first time, it was already entered in the game's system as a normal job extension?
Shade_Rain

Post by Shade_Rain »

I think there's some continuity issues between the anime and the games. Its made apparent by the fact that Haseo got his third form, and then HAD TO GET IT AGAIN IN THE GAME.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ah, I see. Sounds like Harald to do that sort of thing. However, I'm still confused at the fact that Haseo recieves it again in Vol.2, but yet, he finished a simple quest, instead of a 100 floor dungeon. After recieving it the first time, it was already entered in the game's system as a normal job extension?
It always was part of the game's system as a normal job extension. Harald basically did the common hacker trick of maxing out Haseo's level and stats and crap like that.
I think there's some continuity issues between the anime and the games. Its made apparent by the fact that Haseo got his third form, and then HAD TO GET IT AGAIN IN THE GAME.
Did you miss the part where Haseo was Data Drained?
Shade_Rain

Post by Shade_Rain »

AuraTwilight wrote:

Did you miss the part where Haseo was Data Drained?
No, i just forgot about that when I posted, lol. i'm only watching Roots so far, since my copy of G.U. is still in the mail.
Altre

Post by Altre »

I thought it was kinda weird how he got the 3rd form so easily in the game. But, that's how they wanted it, so I have no questions about it.
When Harold lvled him up and gave him the 3rd form, I wonder if there was a reason for just lvling him to 133. Maybe they just pulled it out of the air...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I think it was related to the power-giving Harald wanted to give him. I don't think he would've been a real "Terror of Death" if he remained at lv20 or so, even with the Job Extensions.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

TheSorrow wrote:I think it was related to the power-giving Harald wanted to give him. I don't think he would've been a real "Terror of Death" if he remained at lv20 or so, even with the Job Extensions.
I proved that wrong in Vol.1. :)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I proved it wrong by completely pwning the game at lv34 or so, and beatingAlkaid at lv21 or so, but that isn't relevant right now :P lol
Altre

Post by Altre »

Srry, I meant why not max out Haseo's lvl, why 133. Of course it would be weird if he stayed like, lvl 20 something.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I don't think it was level 133, maybe like level 100 and Haseo did the rest, cause he did PK like 100 players and ****. I mean 133 is like too random unless he was on level 33 and Harald just leveled him up 100 levels
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Haseo probably leveled up quite a bit from fighting all those monsters too.
And it's mentioned somewhere (can't remember when) that his level was 133.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

Anime Monkey wrote:Haseo probably leveled up quite a bit from fighting all those monsters too.
And it's mentioned somewhere (can't remember when) that his level was 133.
I know, I meant that I don't think he went to level 133 from Harald's power up, I think he leveled up to it
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Ahh, I see.
I guess it's possible... doesn't seem like he was really fighting monsters so much as he was battling PKs though, and I don't think you get much EXP from that (even from 100 or more).
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You don't. In my opinion, he was Level 33, and then probably got shot up 100 levels.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:You don't. In my opinion, he was Level 33, and then probably got shot up 100 levels.
If that's the case, then he only went up 30 levels from the end of Episode one to the FOP episode.
Altre

Post by Altre »

Huh, all sounds pheasable to me.