hey does anyone ever get freaked out while playing .hack

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Re: hey does anyone ever get freaked out while playing .hack

Post by Azure Knight »

I first played .hack//Infection when I was about... maybe... 10 or 11. (I'm 14 now) It ALWAYS scared the crap out of me. I actually stopped playing it after I went to the area where someone said the saw Aura. (Can't remember the keywords) It's the first infected area, where the static runs across the screen. I went there once, and for some reason, It scared me so much I stopped playing it, and I sold the game (Extremely embarresing, I know). I bought it back and played through a little before Redemption came out, and didn't play for a while. Actually, I beat Infection earlier today, and I'm gonna get Mutation soon. And, before facing Skeith, I had another kind of scared, the one where you'll die horribly, and have to fight through the dungeon again. So I've had both kinds of fear.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

I guess it's understandable if you're young, back to when I was 5 (I think) I didn't want to play videogames because I didn't want the characters to die LOL; for me, not really, I only found it weird about the static you see in an infected area, but you get used to that. The only games that freak me out are the silent hill series, but that's another story.
azuredothackers

Post by azuredothackers »

HI i'm new just registered today! I thought I might try this for fun so yeah!

getting freaked out? Well in the first four games i thought that the music and dungeon entrance in the dark element areas were kinda freaky especially the entrance because of the fingers moving freakishly around. Also was it Gorre or something the wave with 2 heads I thought he was kinda creepy too.
ChibiChan

Post by ChibiChan »

I always had something against those dungeons which reminds you of the inside of an animal or something among those lines. The way the walls moved... urrgh....
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

ChibiChan wrote:I always had something against those dungeons which reminds you of the inside of an animal or something among those lines. The way the walls moved... urrgh....

I know what you mean, like when you looked up and saw skeletons hanging from some...tentacle thing.... and the entrance to them is always like a head poking out of the ground with fingers moving and stuff, very creepy XD
ChibiChan

Post by ChibiChan »

Ratsu wrote:
I know what you mean, like when you looked up and saw skeletons hanging from some...tentacle thing.... and the entrance to them is always like a head poking out of the ground with fingers moving and stuff, very creepy XD
I remember that the first time I was supposed to enter one of those flesh dungeons with a mouth I somehow ended up getting caught in the fingers... Don't ask me how, but I think that I tried to enter the dungeon from the side and not straight... or something among those lines :D
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

ChibiChan wrote:
Ratsu wrote:
I remember that the first time I was supposed to enter one of those flesh dungeons with a mouth I somehow ended up getting caught in the fingers... Don't ask me how, but I think that I tried to enter the dungeon from the side and not straight... or something among those lines :D
OMG me to XD it freaked me out at first, I though it had grabbed me (mind you I was kinda young when it came out) and I though I had to fight the entrance to get in XD
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Ah yes, the creepy fingers groveling at the skies as the slacken-jawed decaying face has its mouth open for you to enter. Yes, that was always quite lovely to encounter in the fields. xD

Oh! the only things that made me yelp or whatever, was... the dungeons are always so quiet, you get really into it, and out of no where, I hear a "BLOODY EGG." then dottie results in an "OHJAYZUZ!" and throws up her controller.

I'm sure it was amusing for the younger brother to see that. xD
ChibiChan

Post by ChibiChan »

Ratsu wrote: OMG me to XD it freaked me out at first, I though it had grabbed me (mind you I was kinda young when it came out) and I though I had to fight the entrance to get in XD
Haha... I didn't try to fight it because I saw no hp bar... but I must admitt that I was kind of irritated and was very close to turn of the console... and then I was free again... And then I just warped back to town when a mouth are4a appeared.. as long it wasn't in the storyline...
d0tti3 wrote: Oh! the only things that made me yelp or whatever, was... the dungeons are always so quiet, you get really into it, and out of no where, I hear a "BLOODY EGG." then dottie results in an "OHJAYZUZ!" and throws up her controller.

I'm sure it was amusing for the younger brother to see that. xD
You gotta love grunty food in every way possibleX'D
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

I miss grunty food.
Being startled by something other than Endrance fangirling over Haseo would've been awesome~.
ChibiChan

Post by ChibiChan »

d0tti3 wrote:I miss grunty food.
Being startled by something other than Endrance fangirling over Haseo would've been awesome~.

Yeah... or the spring of Myst... instead you have the guild alchemy Q__Q
Monsiur was much cooler... and more irritating...

and i Miss noble grunty too!! Mon ami on everyone! Mon ami!! >-<

"Compare to Marie Anttionette you're nothing!! You'll be servering her for all eternity... and me as Well... MWAHAHA!!"
OfTheTwilight

Post by OfTheTwilight »

What freaked me out was the databugs in those flesh dungeons. One time I was about to go through purple mist and I hear 'Bloody Egg!' i was nervous enough already so that scared me very badly as well. Of course the first fight with SKieth as well.
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

The innerd-style dungeons always gross me out. D> And the foot noises don't help. :( When I'm about to die I go "HO SHIZ." and quickly press tryangle. xD; I get scared easy, and I ALWAYS get nervous when I know what's coming. Everytime I die I tend to drop the controler... unless it's the, like, 10th time I've died, then I toss the controller to the floor and angrily remove the disc and turn off the PS2. D<

The grunty food's weird fer me. xD Since I have it set to Japanese Voiceover, it's like "NATSUMU TAMA" or something for "Immature Egg"... but Golden egg says "Gobe ee" Tama... Ee... I know "Ee" is more english-sounding "Egg", and "Tama" is short for "Tamago"... *shrugs* I don't get startled by it normally, I just go "Where the frick is that stupid thing...?" and start whirling around my camera.
Dark Tsukasa

Post by Dark Tsukasa »

What scared me was my first time through Mutation. When the phase intro came on for Innis. To me that was totally random...

Gorre also scared the crap out of me in his intro..
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

I remember I got really freaked out when fighting Skeith. . . My hands were sweating, and I really felt like I had become Kite and that I had to try my best. I thought for sure I'd go into a coma if I lost >_>;;

I get like that when i face all the phases. I think that's something G.U. was missing, some of the creepyness from the first 4 games.
Azure griffith

Post by Azure griffith »

The part that freaked me out the most were any phase fights because my heart starts racing and when I finally get them DD, and that message about the obtained item, I stop playing and just calm down. I have to I get so into it.

But if I must say, Mia at the beginning of Outbreak freaked me out more than anything. I wasn't expecting it and she looked high or something
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

When I first played it I was ten and I got scared so easily. I was scared of jaws and wouldnt even touch the cover of the movies thinking the shark picture would bite me. I know that's ridiculous. But when I first saw skeith shoot out of the hallway in the first dungeon I jumped so bad so I was scared of skeith for the whole game. The next one that scared me was gorre. His faces were just creepy and it felt like their teeth would act like a chain saw and rip at you flesh. Macha's face scared me too and I dont know why.
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

The freaking egg sounds in dungeons at first. They just got annoying later on.
Skeith9o9

Post by Skeith9o9 »

Walking in a dungeon.....Then, out of nowhere.....
BLOODY EGG!!!!

Scared the SH!T OUTA ME XD
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

The very first time you walk into a Black Box room. That made me jump for a minute, but then... I got used to the music.