Trilogy Discussion Thread

Wev22592

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by Wev22592 »

Heard here and there about The Dot Hack Trilogy but is really that good?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Wev22592 wrote:Heard here and there about The Dot Hack Trilogy but is really that good?
If you've played the GU games (or understand alot enough about them at least) and just wanna see some awesome action scenes and enjoy them, then yes, it's really that good. Otherwise everything might seem too confusing, boring or wouldn't make any sense if you play the GU games later or wanna continue with .Hack.
Wev22592

Post by Wev22592 »

So for a guy like me who played all the .Hack G.U. games would be good right?
Musashi Kojira

Post by Musashi Kojira »

You'll like it as long as you don't mind the horribly pacing of events, the severe watering down of story and ONLY pay attention to the CG.

Personally, I was extremely disappointed with Trilogy. It made Advent Children look godly in comparison (and aside from the CG, I hated Advent Children). Like Advent Children, the only thing Trilogy had going for it was it's CG, which is beautiful, even though they stuck to the anime look rather than taking the realistic route (which Advent Children took). Atoli actually looked cute for once and Alkaid, even though I still hate her, looked hot (specially in that one skit in Parody).

Aside from that, the story telling and pacing was terrible. However, I guess that's to be expected when you attempt to wrap up and alter a story that expanded across 3 games in only an hour and a half. Personally, I wonder why they even tried at all? Even the fights weren't all that dazzling for me. Basically, the only thing I enjoyed out of Trilogy were the Parody skits.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Trilogy is for the people who've played the games and understood the actual canonical story pretty well, and just wanna see them in a different way, with some good GC, action and battle scenes, and HaseoxAtoli. Quite good music too.
Trilogy is NOT for the people who're expecting a good usual .hack work, with a complicated and well developed story, and are waiting to see the actual 3 games in one movie, just like playing without playing at all.

Screw the story that doesn't make any sense, and the pace of events as you suddenly go from some "squee" moment to a beast with over 9000 broadswords. Just lay down and enjoy the scenes, consider it as the first .hack media in which you don't have to overthink it all :P (along LoTB, sorta)
Wev22592

Post by Wev22592 »

ok thanks guys i`m going to check it out
Kazekun

Post by Kazekun »

Watched a subbed version of it today!

It's good, but there are parts where I find confusing. Like one part where I wonder "How the hell did Haseo know where Atoli was??". Unless you gotta play the games to know that part?
(that's not really a spoiler since it doesn't really give very much away)
Those of you who have maybe watched it should know what I'm talkng about.
I haven't gotten to play the games yet, I'm wanting to beat the first 4 games first before I play the G.U. games

SPOILER for those who haven't watched it (or played the games? maybe...):

Is it just me, or does Haseo's "three-tailed demon form" look NARUTO oriented?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Kazekun wrote:Like one part where I wonder "How the hell did Haseo know where Atoli was??"
I've watched Trilogy twice, and i can't recall any part where Haseo suddenly appears where Atoli is or something like that 'XD Not giving spoilers, but everytime he was with Atoli, it's because Atoli just pulled him with her and he didn't deny at all, he was told where she was, or Atoli appeared in front of him. There are other different moments where something like that happens, them suddenly knowing where to go, such like (spoilers) Haseo finding the Creator's Room and knowing Ovan was there, but you have to just lay back, enjoy, and don't think much about what happens so you get to enjoy Trilogy the most.
Kazekun

Post by Kazekun »

TheSorrow wrote:
Kazekun wrote:Like one part where I wonder "How the hell did Haseo know where Atoli was??"
I've watched Trilogy twice, and i can't recall any part where Haseo suddenly appears where Atoli is or something like that 'XD Not giving spoilers, but everytime he was with Atoli, it's because Atoli just pulled him with her and he didn't deny at all, he was told where she was, or Atoli appeared in front of him. There are other different moments where something like that happens, them suddenly knowing where to go, such like (spoilers) Haseo finding the Creator's Room and knowing Ovan was there, but you have to just lay back, enjoy, and don't think much about what happens so you get to enjoy Trilogy the most.
I PMed you what I meant to not fill this thread up with to much spoilers for people who havn't seen it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo never just runs up to find Atoli or anything like you're suggesting. Post what the hell you mean for all of us, just censor out the spoiler.
Kazekun

Post by Kazekun »

AuraTwilight wrote:Haseo never just runs up to find Atoli or anything like you're suggesting. Post what the hell you mean for all of us, just censor out the spoiler.
Okay, there's a part in the film where Yata tells Haseo that Atoli has not been seen since she last used the chaos gate. And when he tried to scan for her, all the screens turned to ERROR. Next thing we see, Atoli is trying to open a locker in an all white area. She's not having any luck, then she turns around to see Haseo and two other admins with him (forgot they're names). There are many ways they could've found her, but you'd think they'd let the viewers of the movie know how. And I'm just confused by it, unless my computer skipped some of the movie (since the version I watched ran 1 hour, 33 minutes, and 44 seconds).
I was told by someone that Yata tells where she is, but I heard him say no such thing, and that would not explained why the scene ended with ERROR screens, then next thing ya know, they've found her.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The screens showed error because Atoli couldn't be located in an area, but they can use the logs to find out what area keywords she used, go there, look around, OH HAY THAR A TRI-EDGE SIGN then woosh, they're there.
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Didn't they actually see where she went to as the Serpent of Lore can monitor including most Lost Grounds.
Zilabus

Anywho.

Post by Zilabus »

My lil' opinions on it.

First off. It looks good. Very good, they obviously put a lot of work in on it. I think someone else has made the comparison to AdventChildren, and I have to say, it's a worthy comparison. At one or to points I would find myself thinking "damn, nice CG" so, if it's looks are the only factor, pick it up, for sure. Besides, some of the fight scenes are... slick/cool/nice/wow , if that's what your looking for.

The story... eh. They tried to pass over a lot of story in one movie, so I guess I can forgive them. But as a warning, the timing is off. Throughout the movie I was waiting for it to set a pace. A... beat, it goes through this-amount-of-story at-this-speed type thing, but that never happened. At times it rushed through at breakneck speed. At other it seemed to go extremely slow. But... once again. Lot of stuff popped into one movie.

But, you've already played the games so you can fill in all the cut corners and skipped parts. You can even endure how weak the story is. Oh, and the music is cool, and the parodies are nice too.

So. Overall? B- Worth watching, and it looks great. Just, the story is kinda ick.
Sha
Location: Lives in a small apartment. Dreams of one day living in a large house filling with Corn Dracaena.

Post by Sha »

I really doesn't Like the Hack//Trilogy there's so many chara that being cut off.
The story become more Ungrowing and Haseo Characteristic from Hack//Roots is gone....

And what's wrong with Atoli her character is way more like shino ... and she even know everything about haseo????? Well isn't that Odd.
From what I know Atoli is should be kind a fragile but then after she meets haseo she learned her lesson and become more dependable ... I way more respect her in the Hack//GU series.

And Ovan .... Something really odd abut him, His Charisma is like being Half ... he doesn't have That kind a Exsentric aura anymore...
And abut Aura I really dissaponted, Why would aura being short minded like that in .Hack//Trilogy...

But yes... The CG was great and The design was Good, But I think everyone that already played the game (Hack//GU)
Maybe doesn't like this movie..But that's just maybe..
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

I managed to get ahold of a english subbed version of the movie from the internet. They probably took it down by now though since it was on veoh. I saved it onto my computer as a seperate program than veoh since veoh tv makes you delete anything that was taken out of their system whether its in your library or not. I now just watch the thing with VLC Player along with every episode of .hack//Sign and .hack//Roots. But from what I can tell it was a okay movie, the subs did not make the money stink in fact I think they fit perfectly with everything so these could have been better than any english sub thus far. The reason I didn't like the movie was because it did not stick to the games at all and I am one that hates when movies neither stick to the game or the book series they are modeled after. They always cut some of the important things and make you feel like "What the heck this was a piece of *#$". lol But I loved the Haseo and Ovan fight scene  I just wish the fight hadn't been interrupted by Atoli bringing Haseo out of blind rage because I loved the fight especially when they had their guns pointed at each other. Otherwise it was more so-so, would've been better if they used the games more.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

But I think everyone that already played the game (Hack//GU)
Maybe doesn't like this movie..But that's just maybe..
I've played and finished GU and i like Trilogy...but i do because of the sweet HaseoxAtoli and the awesome battle scenes. And because i learned that, in order to enjoy Trilogy the best, you gotta forget about everything and just enjoy the scenes as they are, because the story is probably as bad as LoTB anime was or worse :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I am one that hates when movies neither stick to the game or the book series they are modeled after.
So you would've rather watched a condensed, crappier version of the EXACT SAME STORY you've already seen? How boring.

And I'm sure you loved .hack//XXXX, hypocrite. And if you didn't love it, you can get the hell off my planet. <3
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

You wanna know what AT, just shut your mouth and stop acting like you darn point of view is the law because it isn't. My point with the movie thing was the fact that several movies that are made from a book take out important scenes and then make it so you don't understand what the heck is actually going on. We will go outside of .hack for this one and use say like Eragon. That movie SUCKED, and yet the book was a good book because you could follow along and understand. I never once said that I want movies to follow the storyline of the book they are modeled after completely. Nor did I actually say to do that at all. I was saying they need to actually take the time to research the books or games they model stuff after and use what they learn to make a better movie. Either you accept the fact that your word is not law or you can just get the heck out of here because I am sick of your attitude. Your not a great person nor are you a awesome one your no different than anyone else here really. So get over yourself.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

ZelkovatheWise wrote:You wanna know what AT, just shut your mouth and stop acting like you darn point of view is the law because it isn't. My point with the movie thing was the fact that several movies that are made from a book take out important scenes and then make it so you don't understand what the heck is actually going on. We will go outside of .hack for this one and use say like Eragon. That movie SUCKED, and yet the book was a good book because you could follow along and understand. I never once said that I want movies to follow the storyline of the book they are modeled after completely. Nor did I actually say to do that at all. I was saying they need to actually take the time to research the books or games they model stuff after and use what they learn to make a better movie. Either you accept the fact that your word is not law or you can just get the heck out of here because I am sick of your attitude. Your not a great person nor are you a awesome one your no different than anyone else here really. So get over yourself.
And you wasted your time typing this why? You know how AT acts. Ignore it and just continue discussing what the topic says. he/she's just gonna keep posting, so there's no point in trying to correct the person's attitude.

Trilogy overall wasn't what I hoped for, so I pass it as Mediocre. It just didn't have that "feeling" like it did with the games. Plus, many things that should have been in there weren't, even though this was just a re-telling of the saga. I hate the fact that  Haseo recieved his Xth Form with the power of Innis and "love". x(.I'd rather he  overcame fighting Ovan in the B-ST form by himself rather than Atoli's conscious saving him.