Purpose

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Macha22

Purpose

Post by Macha22 »

So not to sound rude to any fans of legend of twilight. i mean i LOVED IT! i thought it was very refreshing, but i just want to know what was the point to the whole thing?
milliennium_fox

Re: Purpose

Post by milliennium_fox »

Which do you mean, the manga or the anime?
Macha22

Post by Macha22 »

the story itself. so like both the manga and the anime.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The anime sucks, ignore that ****.

As for the manga, it basically shows how wonderful The World has become under Aura's management, showing us directly the fruits of Kite's labor. It also gives us valuable insight into Aura's personality.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

i thought the anime was refreshing i loved it! i loved the manga too. but i didnt love the anime as much as sign or roots though. will beetrain be making the next anime like this or more like roots and sign?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We don't even know if there's going to be another anime, yet.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

really? a few people on here have told me that there is going to be one and that they are have already started making it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, If I, of all people, haven't heard anything about it, I'm very skeptical. The news would be all over this forum if this was true, so your friends are probably full of crap.
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, If I, of all people, haven't heard anything about it, I'm very skeptical. The news would be all over this forum if this was true, so your friends are probably full of crap.

i hope not =( i want it to be true
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

And the Purpose of this purpose thread is...?

In addition to what AuraTwilight added to the discussion, I think that Legend of the Twilight- the manga, was to show the lessons that Shugo learned about being strong for others, a very cliche lesson-in-life sort of thing. Shugo was quite the skeptical wuss when he entered The World with his sister, was introduced to the fame of Kite, and got his ego fed, and in meeting new people, learned a bit about himself to change The World, and his own.

As for the anime, it's fine that you liked it . It follows the story to the manga for the most part, but having a Real Life issue between Shugo and Rena. It was a very common storyline of "let's form bonds, love eachother, never fight, and be there for one another". Absolutely nothing wrong with that, just too common.

When the anime takes a sudden turn and derails from the manga, we're introduced to that AI and those hackers that PK people, putting them in comas to experience death, and experiment on an afterlife. A crucial element was pointed out to me by a friend, which was in an episode where Rena finally breaks from her comatose state in The World, when Aura talks to her.

Aura explains that people only go into comas, because they /feel/ like they've died in The World.

That was something given to us, to help satisfy our curiosity as to why people go into comas in the series. It's not enough to give all the information to us on a silver platter, but it's there for us to discuss, brainstorm, and come up with our own opinions as to what other elements can be brought in to answer the question of why players go into comas.

That's the only thing I'm satisfied with in the anime.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Aura explains that people only go into comas, because they /feel/ like they've died in The World.

That was something given to us, to help satisfy our curiosity as to why people go into comas in the series. It's not enough to give all the information to us on a silver platter, but it's there for us to discuss, brainstorm, and come up with our own opinions as to what other elements can be brought in to answer the question of why players go into comas.

That's the only thing I'm satisfied with in the anime.
Agreed, though I did deduce the same thing a couple years before LOTB. That and it's not entirely accurate, as it doesn't apply to all cases.
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Yeah, hence why I left open the whole 'elements' thing. It may not always be the case, where people feel that they die, simply choosing to stay in The World, like Tsukasa did [I'm assuming. God I still need to watch that show. >A<]. Aaaanyways~

Another purpose to .hack was just bringing characters together as well. I thought it was adorable that Balmung and Mistral were hanging out together, though, wait, mistral's married. >_> and it still bugs me her kid's four and playing The World. Silly Mireille. so adorable.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yeah, hence why I left open the whole 'elements' thing. It may not always be the case, where people feel that they die, simply choosing to stay in The World, like Tsukasa did [I'm assuming. God I still need to watch that show. >A<]. Aaaanyways~
Well, then there's Skeith's victims, some of them described as "Still Fighting", and the AIDA victims, who were just forcibly dragged in, and f*ck all their mental states.
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

It's not canon unfortunately.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

sgtJARHEAD wrote:It's not canon unfortunately.
Yeah it is- Shugo's mentioned in the Terminal Disc that came with the special edition of G.U. Volume 1, and if you upload save data from any of the previous games Haseo "accidentaly" gets an e-mail from Hokuto addressed to Lena (a mis-spelling of Rena). Zefie (or a lot of people at least assume it's her), appears to Jun (Pi's big brother) also, during the last day of R:1. Another refrence includes someone on the Apkallu forum doing a picture of Ouka because they remembered her from R:1.

The anime isn't canon (some choose to believe it doesn't exist), but the manga is.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Art_Master_Gio wrote:
sgtJARHEAD wrote:It's not canon unfortunately.
Yeah it is- Shugo's mentioned in the Terminal Disc that came with the special edition of G.U. Volume 1, and if you upload save data from any of the previous games Haseo "accidentaly" gets an e-mail from Hokuto addressed to Lena (a mis-spelling of Rena). Zefie (or a lot of people at least assume it's her), appears to Jun (Pi's big brother) also, during the last day of R:1. Another refrence includes someone on the Apkallu forum doing a picture of Ouka because they remembered her from R:1.

The anime isn't canon (some choose to believe it doesn't exist), but the manga is.
He was talking about the anime.