The "I beat Volume 1!" Thread.

Crys Chaos

Re: The "I beat Volume 1!" Thread.

Post by Crys Chaos »

I beat it in about 30 hours. Coul have been faster, but I prefer to enjoy games for a long time ^_^ Finished everything after 48 hours. Well, except the lucky animal quest, the counter is stuck at 38/50 no matter how many animals I kick. But the hell with them xD Now waiting for volume 2 and 3. I'm living in Germany so it takes a while for the games to be delivered *sigh*
The Angel of Ruin

Post by The Angel of Ruin »

You have to kick 50 animals before you find them all, or that happens and you can't get the wild robe thus being unable to 100% complete the ryu book for items(which may come back to bite you later on, not 100% sure though)

I beat the game last thursday/friday(beat it thursday but didn't have time to watch the ending and save before I went to sleep, beat it again friday...still way too easy a final boss). Beat the game at 29-30hrs and the ryu books at 39-40hrs
QueeNCHiM91489

Post by QueeNCHiM91489 »

It took me 72+ hours to complete everything and i mean EVERYTHING

Azure Flame God
Ryu Books
All lvl 50
All weapons,armor,acc,items
All of the weapons lvl 10
All quests
Doppelganger
Bikman's posters
Lucky Animal
Mecha Grunty
ChimChim guy
Bounty Hunter
1st place Arena
etc..etc

But man was it hard finding those Bounty Hunters
CrimsonDragon

Post by CrimsonDragon »

beat it 2 weeks ago before i join this forum. only finish the chim quest which was easy..finished the chaotic PK, Cernunnos and the doppleganger. Too lazy to do the lucky animal and Grunty.. will try harder next vol. T_T
Zohar

Post by Zohar »

I DID IT!

I'm so happy! And sad at the same time... :( I don't have a Volume 2 anywhere near me without actually purchasing the game, and I don't wanna download it... oh well...

The ending was amazing! I shouted at my TV unceasingly for about a minute or two after  Atoli got infected with AIDA and fell.... It was so sad! Total cliffhanger!

Can't wait to try Volume 2! Until then, I'll finish the in-game quests I have yet to finish. Hopefully that'll take a long time.

By the way... does anyone know if you're able to raise your Guild Rank by completing quests or anything? I'm only rank 2 and I would like to raise it more...

I'm actually asking without looking... so if that's a dumb question, don't even bother. I'll look around.
The Angel of Ruin

By getting each of the ryu books to level's 2, 3, 4(etc) you get a rank increase with the ability to purchase an upgrade(like storage increase, selling increase)
Zohar

Post by Zohar »

The Angel of Ruin wrote:By getting each of the ryu books to level's 2, 3, 4(etc) you get a rank increase with the ability to purchase an upgrade(like storage increase, selling increase)
Thank you! Another question: I have every Ryu Book except the item book and the monster book up to their third and I'm still only Rank 2... is that normal? Or do I need all of them up to their third to increase the rank?
The Angel of Ruin

All the books need to be at or above the level to increase your rank
Zohar

Post by Zohar »

The Angel of Ruin wrote:All the books need to be at or above the level to increase your rank
Once again, thank you! I'll get right on that...
Evvie

Post by Evvie »

I beat it 2 days ago, took me like, 4 days while playing a few hours each day.

I beat it at um..level 44. I think Atoli was level 43, and Silabus was 44 too.
Fairypenguin

Post by Fairypenguin »

I got it on Christmas along the other parts and beat it in four days. It took about 30 hours doing most of the stuff (but rarely maxing out because I don't care about that too much). I maxed out a few books, 3/4 of the quests, forgot 2 of the avatar battles, and only beat chim kicker. I wanted to enjoy it, and go through the trilogy all at once, so I really didn't care about beating anything I didn't already do (except avatars).
Shia

Post by Shia »

took me 3 days to beat the game, and about 28 hours playing hours.
Haseo was lvl 45 at the battle with Azure Kite, I think. now I'm just trying to lvl him up to lvl 50 :)
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

Ooh, I finally get to post in this topic. ^^ Yeah, I finished Volume 1 around September. I actually got mad at the game a lot, as shown in my gameplay logs that I've made for //GU.
VenusShadowWarlock
Location: The Shadow Pokemon lab in Pokemon Colosseum, tugging on Ein's bouncy hair thingy :D

Post by VenusShadowWarlock »

I beat this game, and I have to say it was one of the best PS2 games I've ever tried. ^_^ I really liked the CG videos, they were nice to watch. And now I'm not so freakin confused about //Roots anymore. XD
Zack

Post by Zack »

I just recently joined the sight but funny story I would not have played G.U. if i hadn't found it by accident I played the 4 origionals but i knew nothing of this series in fact i was not even looking for a dot hack game i was looking for Rogue Galaxy which is a good game for 20 bucks. Anyway yeah it took me a whole week to beat around i guess a week after it came out cause I had school and work to deal with but I really liked it I can't wait for the next dothack franchise to come out now!
sleepywolf

Post by sleepywolf »

Yeah I just recently beat the main storyline, which took me a total of about 50 hours (or two weeks). Now I am obsessed with post game goals, because I currently have no money to get volume 2 or 3, so I have nothing other to do! Here is my goal list to do before starting Volume 2 (and yes, feel free to call me obsessed or crazy or an otaku or whatever, haha)

1.Get best equipment for all party members (excluding Atoli)
not complete

2.Max out everybody's affection
not complete

3.Max out everyone's level to 50
COMPLETE

4.Max out everyone's weapon skill
not complete

5.Complete Campains:
-Lucky Animal-COMPLETE
-Bikman's flyers-not complete
-Mecha Grunty-COMPLETE
-Kill Blacklisted PKs-COMPLETE
-Kill 50 PKs-COMPLETE

6.Make a +5 weapon of every twinblade (excluding Needle and Ripper Blades) and heavy blade and put in storage
not complete

7.Get 50 of every item (not equips) and put in storage
not complete

8.Get at least 3000 WP points for the arena
not complete

9.Finish Ryu Book of 1000 completely
COMPLETE

10.Get at least 500,000 GP
not complete

11.Finish all avatar battles in Raven's @home
COMPLETE

12.Unlock all BGMs and Wallpapers for desktop
COMPLETE

13.Get 50 Beginner's texts/books from Henako/Corporal Yano
not complete

14.Get every single area warp word
not complete

Phew~! That' was a lot of typing! Can anyone else think of some things I can do to extend the replayability of Rebirth until I get Reminisce?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

6.Make a +5 weapon of every twinblade (excluding Needle and Ripper Blades) and heavy blade and put in storage
not complete

7.Get 50 of every item (not equips) and put in storage
not complete
Those are gonna take you a life to get o-o;;; lol
Apart from those, i actually did everything else you did. Except i got 9999WP and over a million GP. And actually, i didn't get them because i wanted to, i just kept clearing so many areas and doing so many arena challenges that i ended up like that 'XD There's alot more stuff you can do though, such like
-Doppelganger
-Doppelganger challenges, not much to do in Rebirth but you can try fighting a PKer and Doppel at once. Fun guaranteed.
-Arena challenges, such like finishing it solo, using only 1 kind of weapon, not using the Skill Trigger, try to see if you can do it undamaged, things like that.
-Avatar VR speedruns. See what's the fastest time you can beat them on, or the lowest health you can lose, aiming for no damage.
Or, if you're willing to:
-Overall Rebirth speedrun. Restart the game (saving in another file, of course), and see how fast you can finish it this time. Or just replay it for the sake of it :P

There's ALOT of stuff you can do that can actually be fun. You just have to mess around and do random stuff and eventually you'll find something xD
sleepywolf

Post by sleepywolf »

TheSorrow wrote:
Those are gonna take you a life to get o-o;;; lol
Apart from those, i actually did everything else you did. Except i got 9999WP and over a million GP. And actually, i didn't get them because i wanted to, i just kept clearing so many areas and doing so many arena challenges that i ended up like that 'XD There's alot more stuff you can do though, such like
-Doppelganger
-Doppelganger challenges, not much to do in Rebirth but you can try fighting a PKer and Doppel at once. Fun guaranteed.
-Arena challenges, such like finishing it solo, using only 1 kind of weapon, not using the Skill Trigger, try to see if you can do it undamaged, things like that.
-Avatar VR speedruns. See what's the fastest time you can beat them on, or the lowest health you can lose, aiming for no damage.
Or, if you're willing to:
-Overall Rebirth speedrun. Restart the game (saving in another file, of course), and see how fast you can finish it this time. Or just replay it for the sake of it :P

There's ALOT of stuff you can do that can actually be fun. You just have to mess around and do random stuff and eventually you'll find something xD
Wow I am glad to hear there is someone else besides me that's as dedicated to Rebirth! Haha! I actually have over half of the items in storage goal complete!
I completed these just earlier:

get every possible +5 weapon for Haseo
Raise every member's affection to max
Get best possible equips for every member
KIll Doppelganger
The Doppel was freakin Creepy! I heard the music and saw him start to stride towards me in that teleporting way he does. Can you refight Doppelganger? Or is it just once a file? I have been looking for hard fights, and the hardest fights now for me in Rebirth are a lvl 50 party in the arena (which is still easy).
Sorry if these long posts are annoying anyone, but I am using this more as a way for me to keep up with my goals and stuff!
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Actually, i did that on all 3 games, not only Rebirth 'XD!!! Not really dedicated..i just had the ideas, felt like doing them, and had nothing else to do so i kept doing them 'XD lol That, and it's an habit of mine of finishing games as much as i can :P

Yeah, you can fight Doppel as many times as you want. But after the Own King, he'll just give you Beast Treasure rewards (items you normally get from the last chest), but it's still very fun and challenging to fight :3
With Doppel and the Arena, you can have your own challenge pretty much, obviously Doppel being harder. You can have a solo Arena fight with restrictions such like skills or something, and with Doppel....many things, just don't try solo else you DIE 'XD!! lol

And if you wanna keep up with your goals, you'd better get a document or something to save them and write in them as you clear them. Better than just taking over a topic that's actually supposed just to have people comment about how they beated the game and what they think ':3
sleepywolf

Post by sleepywolf »

TheSorrow wrote: And if you wanna keep up with your goals, you'd better get a document or something to save them and write in them as you clear them. Better than just taking over a topic that's actually supposed just to have people comment about how they beated the game and what they think ':3
Heheh, yeah I guess you're right ^^;