Trilogy Discussion Thread

projectwing0

Re: Trilogy Discussion Thread

Post by projectwing0 »

Yo Zer0, if you want the subbed version, it didnt come out yet, but if you are down for the unsubbed version, then u can get it off torrents. Dont know if its legit yet, cus im in the process of downloading.
Last edited by projectwing0 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawthorneluke

Post by hawthorneluke »

yeah zero, get with the times man!
Kurokasumi

Post by Kurokasumi »

Well I got it... I tried watching but I stopped at 15 min because I couldn't understand a damn word they were saying except for the parts I had the script memorized from the game. :(
VenusShadowWarlock
Location: The Shadow Pokemon lab in Pokemon Colosseum, tugging on Ein's bouncy hair thingy :D

Post by VenusShadowWarlock »

Kurokasumi wrote:Well I got it... I tried watching but I stopped at 15 min because I couldn't understand a damn word they were saying except for the parts I had the script memorized from the game. :(
That sucks. :( That's why I'm just gonna wait for the localized version to come out, assuming that there is one...
k-su

Post by k-su »

It wasnt that bad was it? I pretty much got the jist of most of the convos during the movie, either by inference or via game knowledge. Not word for word, but I think that if you play the games, you'll know what they're talking about most of the time. Having said that, I do think that it'll be hard for people new to the series to grasp, even in english, do to the fast pace of the movie. i dont think its as tough as FF7, tho (mostly since AC came after the events of the game). Speaking of FF7 AC, doesnt the Shino resolution mirror the Aeris resolution, somewhat?
IronGruntythe2nd

Post by IronGruntythe2nd »

I enjoyed it, I always have loved Haseo's Japanese Voice actor when I played the GU games...it kind of sent chills down my spine hearing his screams of agony,sorrow,and anger once again =0

Needed more Yowkow, Endrance, and Bo...(Im good without the Saku)

And geez, no grunty's at all! I was hoping for atleast a Cameo =(

Whoever said that there was a kiss in the Movie was dead wrong...It looks great on the DVD version...im so going Blu-Ray when it gets released over here though...hot damn did it look good

Is there a script out for it yet? Or am I just going to have to hope for a fansub?

Oh...and im the old Iron Grunty from these forums making my triumphant return...I forgot my password lmao...Clang...And my email dosent seem to work =0

So yes...Iron Grunty has returend with news of viewing the best in .Hack//Media =0
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I just got done watching it (RAW ;3;). And i could say alot of things now about it but i would spoil half the movie even if you're reading here it's because you either watched or want to really spoil yourself, but whatever, i'll just give a brief review.

AWESOME movie in my opinion. Awesome fighting scenes. Awesome music. Awesome development even if it was too darn short but you would expect that anyhow (and actually, the movie ISN'T that short, just goes too fast then too slow. That slow part is just truly amazing because of the scenes it has). However, no matter how amazing and perfect others including myself can say it is, i don't recommend it to anyone who hasn't played GU and understands it decent enough, don't recommend it either if you just don't want any HaseoxAtoli around you (the movie pretty much YELLS for them to get in bed and do stuff), or if you're expecting to learn and analyze like in most .Hack material. I consider this more like a "gift" for those who played GU and wanted to see more...watching this you can just forget about AIDA, Avatars, The Key of Twilight, PKers, everything, and just lay back as you enjoy true amazing action that's a first in .Hack. I can seriously watch those battles over and over in HD and i won't get bored of them in a long time.
If only you could actually move and do stuff like that in the game ;3; lol

The only thing i didn't understand and why i would want subs it's for the ending, most of it was just so unclear for me XP
Last edited by TheSorrow on Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hakumei

Post by Hakumei »

I watched the raw today, and I just have to say wow..
It was nice, the battles were very epic imo. I give it about a 6/10 though, I felt they could have done better with it length wise.
My favorite scene though was the classroom with Atoli.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

A note to all: Be sure to watch all the way to the end. Don't turn it off when the credits start.
Hakumei

Post by Hakumei »

Shinsou Wotan wrote:A note to all: Be sure to watch all the way to the end. Don't turn it off when the credits start.
Yes, what and who was Pi talking to? Was that Pi?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Hakumei wrote:
Shinsou Wotan wrote:A note to all: Be sure to watch all the way to the end. Don't turn it off when the credits start.
Pi was talking to Yata, it seems.

I'm more curious about WHAT they were saying. Leaves me in the evil doubt wether it's something we all know or something random or actually something that reveals something we haven't know yet .__.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

TheSorrow wrote:
Hakumei wrote:
Pi was talking to Yata, it seems.

I'm more curious about WHAT they were saying. Leaves me in the evil doubt wether it's something we all know or something random or actually something that reveals something we haven't know yet .__.
It's certainly ominous. I will not make assumptions as to whether it's Pai and Yata or not.

Woman: The danger has been resolved. Conditions are as predicted.
Man: It may be true that "the will of Heaven cannot be resisted".
Man: How are the folks in "Schicksal"* doing?
Woman: The phase has already switched to the next step.
Man: Pass the oars to the boatmen.
Woman: As you wish.

Man: Gather at the Acheron**, prisoners of Charon.

*Schicksal = fate (German)
**Acheron = the "river of woe" in Greece, said to be a branch of the Styx.

(quick translation, errors are possible)
(Edited because I missed a bit at the end.)
Last edited by Shinsou Wotan on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Shinsou Wotan wrote: It's certainly ominous. I will not make assumptions as to whether it's Pai and Yata or not.

Man: Let them gather at the Acheron**.

DAMN. Looks like severe spoilers for LINK, especially with this Schicksal thing, already making the connection right there. Looks like there really was something to learn from Trilogy after all.
That's for the translation :D! Maybe not 100% perfect, but enough to tell us what was going on there.
HiroshiKazu

Post by HiroshiKazu »

Hakumei wrote:I watched the raw today, and I just have to say wow..
It was nice, the battles were very epic imo. I give it about a 6/10 though, I felt they could have done better with it length wise.
My favorite scene though was the classroom with Atoli.
I don't know... I didn't like it :\

I think most of it was the hype. I was just hoping that they would do it more... accurate to the game. I mean it just seemed rush, I know it was a 1 1/2 movie, but still. The Ovan Battle was epic, I wanted the movie to end with Haseo vs Cubia. Actually I wanted the ending to be Harold 2 after forrest of Pain. They should have pulled out all the stops for this and made this a 3 hour movie. I think at least with 3 hours they could have put in more main characters. They could have put stuff like Yowkow getting Pked, the Tenrow, Taihaku, Bordeaux, and the scenes with Endrance. I mean the arena battles covered 1/2 the entire game's plot.

At the very least the should have put in Sakaki-AIDA as the main bad guy, then great deception into the movie. I was a little disappointed to be honest :(
VenusShadowWarlock
Location: The Shadow Pokemon lab in Pokemon Colosseum, tugging on Ein's bouncy hair thingy :D

Post by VenusShadowWarlock »

I got to check it out. It was pretty good, but yeah a little too rushed. I mean one minute Haseo is in his first form and then BAM the next minute he's randomly in his second form. Dang.
The HaseoxAtoli scenes were great. :) Though Haseo was a bit out of character. You'd never see him being that affectionate in the game.
And the Ovan and Aina scenes were awesome. Aina was so freakin adorable <333
Best part of the movie was definately Haseo. It was rather fun watching him and his pissy expressions.
Hakumei

Post by Hakumei »

Lmao, where wasn't he in the movie? Yea, I was REALLY expecting an arena battle, or 2.....
Him jumping forms in the movie was weird also. I didn't really expect him to go Xth form that way also. Hey we shouldn't be complaining, it was a nice movie.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Well finally saw it. It's pretty much what I expected. Which is to say not much.

Warning: Incoming Highly Opinionated Spoilerific Rant

Story:
Meh, just meh. Its pretty much a whole clusterf**k of exposition at the start. I found it all boring since its basically a bunch of rehashed scenes from the games. It only starts getting interesting after the battle with Azure Kite. The whole classroom bubble water, hugging scene with Atoli and Haseo was touching. I almost cried. Almost. The crappy buildup on the relationship took the edge away. The drama between Ovan and Haseo I found much better, as I felt the sympathy needed for Ovan and his sacrifice. I actually cried when I saw Haseo rushing to save Ovan, unlike the whole HaseoxAtoli hugging(.......is that wrong or what?).

Characters:
I couldn't stand Haseo at the beginning, he was even worse here than in the games, pretty much being an annoying raging emo. (The Voice Actor should probably get a medal since he pretty much been screaming his vocals throughout the whole movie) All this makes it even harder to believe how he becomes a gentler person at the end with Atoli.

Speaking of Atoli wtf is up with her? Her relationship with Haseo feels even more forced than the games. She just hangs out with Haseo at first for ......no apparent reason. The whole infamous scene where Haseo makes Atoli cry, feels like a cheap Hentai scene where Haseo attempts to force himself on Atoli(I dunno it just seems that way to me). Then after that they're both hugging feeling, and touching hands (Huh...what?).

The one character I did like here was Ovan because he felt like a proper antagonist. His ability to dismember PC's came of creepy in an awesome way. And his "evil" laughs were a nice touch. Still at the end I could feel the sympathy from him. His viewpoint of his own personal tragedy was well done.

Action
Despite the nice visuals, most of the initial actions scenes felt pretty generic on their choreography . The battle with Azure Flame God was ok. I like how they made use of his Azure Wildflower and how the DD suddenly became a destructive canon of DEATH.

Bst-Haseo vs. Ovan however is when it FINALLY gets awesome because it was both fresh and original. The hundreds of blades was just epic (Homage to Archer's Unlimited Blade Works from Fate/Stay Night maybe?). And Corbenik vs. Xth Skeith felt like a fast-paced mecha battle.

Overall I'd say the movie was crappy, but it's definitely a must for buy for me, since its a very enjoyable popcorn flick for .hack fans.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

Well, I watched it, and I guess it was pretty ok; I think this movie is only for .hack fans since someone else might not understand at all what's going on. Some parts were too rushed, I was also expecting at least a fight scene in the arena :( also it felt too forced and practically comes out of nowhere the HaseoXAtoli pairing, I mean one minute he's screaming to her and then they are hugging and holding hands as if nothing ever happened. The <AIDA> Atoli scene was great, this one I actually thought it was better than from the videogame.
The fighting scenes were pretty nice, although some looked exactly like in the videogames with just a few changes (which it isn't bad, I guess), I liked the Haseo vs. Ovan fight scenes; the fighting scene with Azure Kite was also great.

All in all, I think it was pretty good; but I gotta say, maybe I was just expecting much more from it, but this is just my opinion. Still it was good and hopefully one day it'll be part of my collection of dvd's.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shinsou Wotan wrote: It's certainly ominous. I will not make assumptions as to whether it's Pai and Yata or not.

Man: Gather at the Acheron**, prisoners of Charon.

(Edited because I missed a bit at the end.)
I now officially suspect two things:

1) That the events of Link are somehow a continuation of the R.A. Plan, and
2) That Link is a sequel to Trilogy specifically and we can hopefully pretend it never happened if it ends up sucking balls.
k-su

Post by k-su »

I hope so, AT, especially since I have absolutely no idea what the plot of Link is (if there is one >_>). I hope it turns out well, but it'd be nice if Link failed, they could retcon w/ the game, using Trilogy as a scapegoat. I just hope we're not in some new alternate .hack universe.

Back to Trilogy, it really sucks how Kite's role was implemented. They give no reason for Kite's appearance, other being a midboss for Haseo. This was the case with alot of characters/events. They talked about AIDA like once, then really did nothing about it. They're just lucky Ovan' was the Rebirth. Nothing was really resolved except stuff between Haseo/Atoli/Ovan.

But still, this movie was epic.

Now what they should do is release a whole string of Trilogy-styled 4-koma/parody mode OVAs to DVD. Animate the 4-Koma comics. I'd buy it.