Who was the hardest boss for you?

Vesvius

Who was the hardest boss for you?

Post by Vesvius »

Just beat the game, and it was, to me, the hardest of the trilogy. I'm counting how hard it was by the number of resets. For Rebrith and Reminisince, it was only one, maybe two times. For redemption, it was over six.

Now, I've got a question. Who was the hardest boss for you? For me, a boss is someone preceded and followed by many movies, and you have the option to save before getting to them. Your choices are:

Taihaku
Ovan
The Three Azure Knights
Cubia

I gotta say Ovan. Taihaku was simple after I got my countering timing down. Ovan was harder then any other boss I've fought, and I only beat him by spamming Burning Barrell Scrolls. The Azure Knights went down once I realized I just had to beat Kite, and Cubia was the only boss I didn't have to reset against.

Who was hardest for you?
scratchmyears

Re: Who was the hardest boss for you?

Post by scratchmyears »

Obviously you haven't fought True Cernunnos yet.. >.>

You do realize you made two identical topics right?
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

scratchmyears wrote:Obviously you haven't fought True Cernunnos yet.. >.>

You do realize you made two identical topics right?
Agree'd X'D even the Shadow Cernunnos is hard X'D .. well not HARD just long any annoying (cuz it slows the game down)
Vesvius

Post by Vesvius »

Ooohh... didn't notice that double. I'll go take care of it.

And no, I just beat the storyline. I haven't touched forest of death yet, but that's my second priority (after Natsume)
Master_En

Post by Master_En »

Bah Ovan for now...but I just got to 150 so that may all change when I take on the Forest of Pain.
Panthers

Post by Panthers »

I had no problems with Shade Cernunnos, It wasn't even so long. I have Pi (142), Atoli (142), and Haseo (143). The hardest boss for me was Cubia by far.
Though I only just got to 30 in FoP. So it may get much harder. ^^
Gundam_Alchemist

Post by Gundam_Alchemist »

I haven't gotten to Cubia yet but the Avatar battle with Ovan was a pain in the butt. I thought i was going to be in trouble with Taihaku but his level was close to mine so it wasn't a problem but slowing everything down got a little annoying.
Skeith13

Post by Skeith13 »

I think it's going to just FoP in general because I have to do this in like 4 hours. Crap.
Hyuuga

Post by Hyuuga »

Well, its the true Cernunnos for me, this fight is kinda laggy which makes it's kinda long and annoying.
KaenKasharion

Post by KaenKasharion »

Hn... as I'm typing this, I'm on the 66th floor of the Forest of Pain. The Cernnuos guy went down easy, I'm going to fight the one sin eventually, who I expect to be a pain in the ass, and then theres the whole tru cernnuos+one sin thing I'm going to frown at furiously. I just equipped a "no encounters" item in place of the Doppelganger's shadow because I don't feel like fighting until bossfights anymore.

Hardest boss fight would be Cubia. Not 'hard' per se, but I don't like getting down to only 25% health when I beat a boss.

Edit: Nevermind. The One Death went down easily. And I didn't even use the opposing element.
Dark Knight Sparda

Post by Dark Knight Sparda »

i havent beaten the forest of pain but the hardest battle for me was an avatar battle against aida victorian
ptolemy66t

Post by ptolemy66t »

Ovan was the hardest for me he was like 10 levels higher then me lol took me forever to kill human form avatar was easy i didnt level up cause i was rushing to get Xth form
ZIN

Post by ZIN »

i havnt beaten FoP yet but id have to say ovan/corbenik was hardest for me... i killed everyone else 1st try with no problems ovan took me 5 trys
Neoshinobi
Location: I don't know but it's dark and I'm scared.....Ovan is that you?...

Post by Neoshinobi »

I havent beat FoP yet but I would say Ovan/Corbennik was the hardest imo. Azure Knights were pretty much cake. Although bringing the ever useless Yata slowed the fight down.
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

Neoshinobi wrote:I havent beat FoP yet but I would say Ovan/Corbennik was the hardest imo. Azure Knights were pretty much cake. Although bringing the ever useless Yata slowed the fight down.
I actually found Yata to be useful...as a meat shield that is ;D
Ryshuna

Post by Ryshuna »

I'd have to say Sakaki's AIDA... it's the only one I lost to throughout all of the games. Ovan, the three Azures, and Cubia were all really easy for me... especially Cubia... I'm ussually really good with Avatar battles.
Dot Hack Crono

Post by Dot Hack Crono »

Both were avatar battles, Corbennik 2nd and Cubia Beta, I haven't finished FoP yet but I'd assume theres not an avatar battle in there so I should be fine, since I'm way better and never lost a fight while using the characters all my loses have been in avatar battles.
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

Ryshuna wrote:I'm ussually really good with Avatar battles.
Same for me. Those battles were peices of cake once I GOT to them. Even if my heart pounded after I finished off the data drain.

I haven't gotten teh FOP just yet, so I can't count those... One thing I hated alot was half the battles caused the PS2 to slow the game down for some reason or another. 'Specially once I got Haseo's Xth Form, I mash the X button faster then he shoots at regular speed, so I'm going "COME ON HASEO. GO FASTER. D<" But lesse... For all but Cubia I actually had to level up because I'm the kind of player who says "SCREW LEVELING. >D Leveling is boring.", and I just keep going though until I hit a spot I can't get past. Though I think I leveled up most for Ovan and the Azure Knights (I think I level more for the Azure KNights because I thought they were stronger then they were. xD). But after I leveled, they were easy. xP But I was still needing to catch my breath at the end of any battle.

... But OMG I HATED CUBIA BETA D< Raaawwwwr. I wanted to eat that chaos-whatever attack. I wanted to munch on Cubia's Gomoras. xD And I thought it wasgross... you know, Haseo going INTO Cubia's mouth. EWWWW. Dx
Ryshuna

Post by Ryshuna »

Rena-Chan wrote:
Ryshuna wrote:I'm ussually really good with Avatar battles.
Same for me. Those battles were peices of cake once I GOT to them. Even if my heart pounded after I finished off the data drain.

I haven't gotten teh FOP just yet, so I can't count those... One thing I hated alot was half the battles caused the PS2 to slow the game down for some reason or another. 'Specially once I got Haseo's Xth Form, I mash the X button faster then he shoots at regular speed, so I'm going "COME ON HASEO. GO FASTER. D<" But lesse... For all but Cubia I actually had to level up because I'm the kind of player who says "SCREW LEVELING. >D Leveling is boring.", and I just keep going though until I hit a spot I can't get past. Though I think I leveled up most for Ovan and the Azure Knights (I think I level more for the Azure KNights because I thought they were stronger then they were. xD). But after I leveled, they were easy. xP But I was still needing to catch my breath at the end of any battle.

... But OMG I HATED CUBIA BETA D< Raaawwwwr. I wanted to eat that chaos-whatever attack. I wanted to munch on Cubia's Gomoras. xD And I thought it wasgross... you know, Haseo going INTO Cubia's mouth. EWWWW. Dx
XD, I was the same way in Vol. 1, because I just needed to know what came next! lol.

I love it when I finish, and my heart is pounding... with Cubia Beta... exactly. I almost lost when I hit him with a stun bullet and threw it into data drain mode! XD.

The knights and Ovan were easy for me 'cuz the Knights are always easy for me, and Ovan... I hated him SOO much I couldn't help but beat him like that. XD.

Yeah, that was kinda gross... Cubia is like a rapist monster... ;_;.
Xalioniaf

Post by Xalioniaf »

Hardest event battle for me was Ovan. I went in at 119, and was doing pretty good until he did that sign attack, which wiped me out. I kept trying every few levels til I beat him at 125.
Hardest avatar fight was Cubia Beta. I never die on avatar fights, but I got pretty close to it at Cubia Beta.