The "I beat Volume 2!" thread

Stan Marsh

Re: The "I beat Volume 2!" thread

Post by Stan Marsh »

I thought Ovan was the hardest-he kept trying to kill Atoli and Kuhn so I'd go and heal them (Atoli had used all her SP so I'd have to use Fairy drop too) and then by the time I finished that he'd get healed. I died the first time, but then I leveled up and used Endrance to beat him. The second time it was kinda easy.

As for Sakaki, I thought he was actually pretty easy too. He never attacked me, just Atoli and sometimes Pi. I'd heal them and rengeki him since Pi makes it easy to get the purple rings around him. I'd get a huge morale boost from both of them and used divine awakening and he was done very quickly.
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Just beat it. Very easy, didn't even try trying the final fight with Haseo 88, Kuhn 85 or 86 and Matsu 84 or 85. The only hard part turned out to be hitting Ovan's avatar with data drain. :lol:

I was disappointed with the ending at first - Ovan looked to have died a cheap death and the plot looks like it'll be focused on the arena AGAIN in the next game. The very, very end cliffhanger made up for all that. :D
Keii

Post by Keii »

Just finished it. Leveled Hasemo to 100, rest is around 95+, beat The One Sin, the God Eater and met Aihara.
And yeah, the cliffhanger was... *gasp* :D
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Ah, a fellow (I assume) importer. Allo.

We must now be brave and wait until our copy makes the long and dangerous journey to our shores, making sure to avoid the angers of forum spoilers. Do you believe we will make it?
Keii

Post by Keii »

Sure thing. I don't visit forums of the parts, which I haven't completed, so... :D
matt1683

Post by matt1683 »

ya that was an awesome cliffhanger and to tell you the truth i haven't been this into a game story plot since ff7 and ff tactics and legend of dragoon i mean ya there were good games but i can see my selff claping at the end of vol 3 who else can see them self's clapping at the end of the trilogy 8)
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

HAH! I just beat the game with Haseo at Lvl. 95!

It was ridiculously easy to beat Ovan... I thought for sure he'd be tougher, but even when he did his tri-edge strike attack thing (where he made the tri-edge symbol), it did barely any damage... Kuhn kept him pretty occupied for me while I used Light Arrows and some strong fire spell to K.O. him. Then the avatar fight was.... WAAAAAAAAY easier than the fight with Azure Flame God. The only hard part was Data Draining him... And his Avatar didn't look very cool, which makes me sad TT___TT

Now to work on the Book of 1000.... I'm really embarassed about mine... for my bike I'm still on three, and a few other things I'm on 4 instead of 6 >___< I think it's gonna take me a REALLY long time to finish the book without a strategy guide...

The ending freaked me out. I mean, I knew Ovan would be behind Haseo, but holy crap he was a bit too close for comfort o___o
SoraTheSin

Post by SoraTheSin »

i beat it :D

lol i solo'ed ovan and it was so much fun, i hope the end boss for the third volume is harder T_____T

now i fight DoppleGangers for fun and im hopeing to get my book of 1000 to full but the freakin tournament thing can't be raised after you finish the tourny D:!
Waru

Post by Waru »

I beat it a few days ago just working on finishing the quest and getting all the area words now.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

SoraTheSin wrote:... im hopeing to get my book of 1000 to full but the freakin tournament thing can't be raised after you finish the tourny D:!

It can't? Are you sure? I think I might be screwed >_>
godmobs

Post by godmobs »

beat the game at lvl 100 with doppel's weapons obtained before tournament starts alkaid lvl 100 before being a lost one and total game time is 29 hrs. and total GP due to vol.1 conversion 3 million :)
.hacker13

Post by .hacker13 »

i finally beat vol.2 that was pretty wierd at the end when Ovan showed up at the cathederal
sunahisoka

Post by sunahisoka »

Okay, I finished volume two some time ago. =D I've been sticking around the 3rd volume part of the site so i'll post here~
Um, the Oavan fight, to me wasn't all that hard, just kept on Divine awakening I believe or beast. Eventualy he just came down. Mm, my level when it was over was 99.

And the Ovan part scared the crap out of me. I had my sound up loud expecting some mushy confrontation between Atoli and Haseo.
Then BOOM! my control starts vibrating like crazy and we see ovan.~
;~;
mh644

Post by mh644 »

game time : 90 hrs
level : 100
comments : couldn't max everyone's WPs, but at least finished all Ryu Books and quests [the flier quest made me sooooo mad! anyways...] oh and not all items or area words or monsters, just enough to get the points... i hope it won't affect much
mh644

Post by mh644 »

Suikoden wrote: I was disappointed with the ending at first - Ovan looked to have died a cheap death and the plot looks like it'll be focused on the arena AGAIN in the next game. The very, very end cliffhanger made up for all that. :D
heh, i was disappointed too, i felt miserable... then OVAN! beautiful. :heart:
haseo1250

Post by haseo1250 »

i dnt know if you meen my whole gametime but it took me 3 mins to beet Ovan the first time and then the avatar battle about 10 mins lol i was at 93 Atoli 91 and Pi 92 and it was so easy
Roi Siveran

Post by Roi Siveran »

Well, it was already obvious that Haseo was going to beat all three arenas just from Rebirth. They don't explain anything that you won't come across.

I beat the final avatar battle on Ovan with most of my HP left. Kite was MUCH more challenging. And why did the game end with a level 85 boss? What happened to the last 15 levels of storyline?

The arena made much more sense in this game, though. It felt broken when you could KO the entire team in one hit, but still had the cut scene where your opponents beat you up. They couldn't even deal damage to me at that point! At least here, the ones you have to use your avatar on are infected by AIDA.

Beyond the small criticisms, this game rocked. I actually spent the time to do all the quests (except for getting all lucky animals) and fill the Book of 1000. Man, those items took forever to get. Now I'm taking a month break before starting/getting Vol. 3, so the game doesn't get repetitive. I hope it's harder than the last two.
haseo1250

Post by haseo1250 »

i know huh vol.1 i beet in 2 houres vol.2 a day and now lets see vol.3 when i get it
The Angel of Ruin

Post by The Angel of Ruin »

Beat the game in 28 hours. CC2 really needs to learn how to program a difficult boss cause this person was freaken crap(at level 87 and 86). Now to finish the quests.

*cries at thought of lucky animal and mecha grunty quests* :(
Shinovgf

Post by Shinovgf »

It toook me a very very long time to beat the last boss.
50 fairy drops
50 healing potions
45 rev drops
(first time on this forum so bear with me for a fedw times)