The "I beat Volume 2!" thread

ϖRICE

Re: The "I beat Volume 2!" thread

Post by ϖRICE »

I finished a few days ago. I couldn't tell if the fights were hard or not, because a friend got really board and spent the inter day leavleing me up to 100, so everything was pretty much a one hit kill, it was kinda boring, I'm not going to let him next time. The ending was really unsatisfying, but it made me really, really want the next game.

This is proubly a really stupid question, but dose anyone know what that scean at the end was? The one with the guy getting killed? I think I know, but I want to be sure if I'm right or not.
Haseo678

Post by Haseo678 »

i beat my at lv 100 and 40 hrs. and soo far my book of 1000 all of them r at rank 4 and im also tryin to make everyon lv 100 and i got all the weapon.
Ryou_Misaki
Location: None of your freakin' buisness! Why are you even reading these things?!?! Is your life that sad?!?!

Post by Ryou_Misaki »

I did it around lvl 98, with Atoli, Pi, and Haseo in the final fight, using their lost weapons. In the english version, it was about 25 hours, but the extra's were so annoying.....It's up to 70 something now. And Gorre was so freaking annoying!
Nashako the PKK

Post by Nashako the PKK »

i tried at around level 85 and held my own against him until he got to half hp and did that special move. then he healed, putting him back above half hp and when i got him back down he did the special again! this went on for like 30 minutes until i decided to restart and level up. the next time around everybody was around level 90 and i pulled off like 3 beast awakenings because of the sweet new blades the beast temple had given me. Quick Rengeki ftw lol. i used pi and atoli. the second battle they both had their lost weapon. i used pi because she was able to paralyze ovan and do a lot of critical hits with her lost weapon which really saved me. my play time was around 40-50 hours then.
Ryou_Misaki
Location: None of your freakin' buisness! Why are you even reading these things?!?! Is your life that sad?!?!

Post by Ryou_Misaki »

I tried it at 90 and got 'F'ed. He kept on using the restore/ reject neighbors.....I wasted 2 beast awakenings on those guys alone.....I never hit Ovan with an awakening.....Hmm.....I probably should have.
Yatsuha

Post by Yatsuha »

Ryou_Misaki wrote:I tried it at 90 and got 'F'ed. He kept on using the restore/ reject neighbors.....I wasted 2 beast awakenings on those guys alone.....I never hit Ovan with an awakening.....Hmm.....I probably should have.
hahaha. i beat him at lvl 97 @_@. i was like, "YAAY" :]
Ryou_Misaki

Post by Ryou_Misaki »

I leveled up to 98, then beat him.....WITHOUT DOPPLE'S WEAPS OR THE REWARDS FOR THE ONE SIN EVENT! Sorry for saying 95, I forgot what level I was.....So long ago.....But you were awsome to do it at 97.
Kiyori

Post by Kiyori »

I just beat it... like 5 minutes ago, level 100 and Ovan went down in thirty seconds flat, didn't use anything special for weapons, unless you count lit honeysuckle... I was doing at least 100 a hit with them, and from what else I've seen, that's a bit wierd but oh well.
XD my first post on here is about beating vol 2... how fun

*edit: I guess Endrance had his lost weapon too, and I beat it in about 21 hours*
haseo-kunPKK

Post by haseo-kunPKK »

at the moment i dont feel like going all the way up stairs just to find out the exact time i beat it so i'll just say around 26 hours cus thats the truth.....and i was level 100.....
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

Beat it last night. x___x;;; Haseo's level 89, and Atoli and Kuhn (The Party I used) are level 88. And all of you are saying you're level 100 or in the high- to mid-90s. >D

But honestly, what I find odd about this game is I have NEVER leveled this high in any game before. I ussualy beat it at around level 50-60, sometimes lower. And I laugh at people who think they need to be piles of levels higher then their opponents. >D I'm ussualy a few levels below, and still win. Yey for challenges. =D Plus I'm a lazeh butt and, like, NEVER level up. xD (Well, Never isn't the right word, I HAVE leveled up in this game, two times. Once for Bordeux (I'm pretty sure I spelt her name wrong) and the second was a quick dungeon for Ovan.) I personally think I could have beat it at level 87 or so, but my party had to be the same level for that to work. xT And they weren't.
Tri-Xth

Post by Tri-Xth »

Rena-Chan wrote:Beat it last night. x___x;;; Haseo's level 89, and Atoli and Kuhn (The Party I used) are level 88. And all of you are saying you're level 100 or in the high- to mid-90s. >D

But honestly, what I find odd about this game is I have NEVER leveled this high in any game before. I ussualy beat it at around level 50-60, sometimes lower. And I laugh at people who think they need to be piles of levels higher then their opponents. >D I'm ussualy a few levels below, and still win. Yey for challenges. =D Plus I'm a lazeh butt and, like, NEVER level up. xD (Well, Never isn't the right word, I HAVE leveled up in this game, two times. Once for Bordeux (I'm pretty sure I spelt her name wrong) and the second was a quick dungeon for Ovan.) I personally think I could have beat it at level 87 or so, but my party had to be the same level for that to work. xT And they weren't.

lol you sure? cause many other game need to be very high lvl like FFXII
if your lazy then you might not want to play cause this game needs time
i finished mine in 30 hr lol, lvl 90 with lvl 91 Atoli and 90 Pi
Ryou_Misaki

Post by Ryou_Misaki »

Kiyori wrote:I just beat it... like 5 minutes ago, level 100 and Ovan went down in thirty seconds flat, didn't use anything special for weapons, unless you count lit honeysuckle... I was doing at least 100 a hit with them, and from what else I've seen, that's a bit wierd but oh well.
XD my first post on here is about beating vol 2... how fun

*edit: I guess Endrance had his lost weapon too, and I beat it in about 21 hours*
Better then i can do. Gratz.
Tri-Xth

Post by Tri-Xth »

i guess this thread is like race huh?
Ryou_Misaki

Post by Ryou_Misaki »

And you notice this now? The onlything is that I never got to use my scythe.....Too many neighbors weak to my cruddy broadsword and daggers.....I had to use ripper's blades.....
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

I beat it though I ruined the challenge of defeating him when I leveled up to 95 just to take Ovan.  Finding out that he was Tri-edge was kind of surprising.

I was surprised with how after you data flag and log back inot the game to meet Atoli the scene reminds me of Kite and Blackrose's conversation in Outbreak.
Kiyori

Post by Kiyori »

My playstation's been cursed, all the data on my memory card corrupted and I have to start all over from Rebirth!! :axe:
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

holy crap that happened to mine too
Aiseki

Post by Aiseki »

So, uh, what's up guys? I haven't been on in quite a while, but I finally got Volume 2 last Thursday and beat it yesterday. My boyfriend is currently playing it now. Literally. He's in my room playing it. He couldn't wait for me to finish the game to play it for himself lol

Overall, I wasn't disappointed. The first few hours were kind of boring though, but I wasn't unimpressed with the game :3

I can even say that I found Alkaid to be kind of cute. No wonder she has some many fan boys.

Anyway, I have a couple interesting stories to talk about.

In the battle with Sakaki, I was really close to losing. I had 1HP left and both Atoli and Pi were dead. Sakaki was about to kill me, when I opened up the menu and used Rip Maen, which I forgot that I had. I revived Pi and Atoli and started using Healing Storms, then immediately used our Awakening, and beat Sakaki that way. That was the closest battle I've ever fought.

Then, there was the battle with Ovan. I was level 83 and had Endrance and Atoli with me. Haseo and Atoli died in about 10 minutes and I was sure that I was screwed. But, for some reason, Ovan could not kill Endrance. Endrance just stayed at 42HP, even when Ovan directly hit him, he wouldn't take any damage. I was so amused by this, I couldn't help but wonder if Endrance would actually manage to take Ovan down. So I got on the computer for about an hour and the battle was STILL going on. Then I went to go get something to eat. Another hour passed, and when I went to my room, I saw that I was in an avatar battle with Corbenik.

I still cannot figure out how Endrance stayed alive and took Ovan down. I thought that was just....amazing.

Well, that's it for me. Expect to see some .Hack fanart from me now that I've beaten another game. I've got a tablet now, and my art has gotten better, so yay :D
Tanrim

Post by Tanrim »

Just beat Ovan. Haseo 85, Atoli 82, Endrance 82. Not the best equipment either. That was a nerve wracking battle, to say the least, hands still shaking. Deep breath... Started spamming him with attack items when he got to 1500 as a last resort, most healing items were gone, worked well. I must have used Divine Awakening atleast 10 times too, though.

The Corbenik battle on the other hand, too easy. Lost 20-30% of my health maybe and that was mostly carelessness, still on edge. Fun battle though, fast paced and crazy. Data draining was a little hard but no big deal.

I wanted to see if it could be done in the 80's and I found out. Surely can. I'm actually kinda glad I tried, had to be the most intense battle for me so far.
Crimson Blade

Post by Crimson Blade »

i beat it with ease with me endrance, and atoil all at lvl 100.also they had their special weps that u get from collecting addler keys.