I've been thinking.....

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

I've been thinking.....

Post by shugo_lover »

my friends keep telling me the anime is better but I like the manga so much better well do you agree? so whats better the manga or the anime. woops looks like some one all redy post some thing like thise. but are my friends rite or rong.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Wrong. The anime is terrible.
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

The anime is non-canon to the point where it's stupid.  Hurray Shugo and Rena explode and The World is saved.
Dawn of the Warrior

Post by Dawn of the Warrior »

Kouen wrote:The anime is non-canon to the point where it's stupid.  Hurray Shugo and Rena explode and The World is saved.
Yeah the ending totally sucked...I didnt even understand it.... They put there hands together and do some stupid looking light beam thing and then its the end of the series...I refuse to think that it is an ending...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Hm, do your friends like other .hack? 'Cause it seems to me that people that like Legend don't like other .hack. At the same time, it seems people that like other .hack feel Legend was pretty crappy. Guess its just the type of things you like.
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

.Hack //LOTB anime is the worst.. I loath it...

But I enjoy the manga.. They should have amde the anime more like the manga and with better voices..
or not have made an anime at all.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yes, bright colors and gradually louder words being repeated. I guess that would keep the attention of the younger viewers.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Along with sexual innuendo, uninteresting fight scenes, and repetitive action with predictable plotpoints.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

And Shugo was a complete dumbass in the anime too. At least in the manga he was a competent leader. And "Rena!!!" ,"oni-chan!!!" was perhaps the most annoying thing I've heard in any anime.
silabus

Post by silabus »

I liked a lot the anime but then i red the manga i think the manga's better but i like the 2
G.U. rulez
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

Hmm... the anime was okay for me. I don't see why so many people hate it though. But I like the manga better, mostly because Zeffie's in it. And the anime ending was bleh. Although it seemed a bit more interesting at times <_<
Rengeki
Location: Watch for the blue-purple lines to appear and hit R1 and any button to see me...

Post by Rengeki »

I just hate the anime. It makes light of Kites adventures in IMOQ.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

t_s_u_k_a_s_a wrote:Hmm... the anime was okay for me. I don't see why so many people hate it though. But I like the manga better, mostly because Zeffie's in it. And the anime ending was bleh. Although it seemed a bit more interesting at times <_<
1) Zeffie
2) Voice acting (REEEEENA!!! SHUUUUUUUUGOOO!!! [or onii-chan])
3) Noncanon

Good points

1) Shows that comas and all related things are connected to simply thinking that the game is reality.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Manga is better but... I like the first episodes of the anime. Mange would be 100% better if Shugo lost his tooth like in the Anime.
druidleader19

Post by druidleader19 »

I think that the anime is terrible and that the manga is pretty sweet.
Kite669

Post by Kite669 »

They should of "OF COURSE" based the anime version off the manga version. If you ask me, people would of paid more money to see Zeffie then stare there eyes at butt-ugly Morty. I don't get why they would think they make more money by changing .hack//Udeden's story line.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, I can understand why they did it. 1) The manga wasn't done when they did the anime, and they were already halfway through the series so they had to finish it, and 2) Most people (on both sides of the globe) don't want to experience the same damn story twice.

I don't hate the Udeden anime because it's noncanon, since GU+ and X-Fourth kick major amounts of ass, but I hate it because it's just....so...goddamned STUPID.

God, did they hire Azure Kite to write it?
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

AuraTwilight wrote:God, did they hire Azure Kite to write it?
Azure Kite is a little sweetie cutie pie. T.T Don't hurt his feelings. *Hugs AK*

Anyway, obviously the manga is better than the anime, and for reasons everyone already listed, too. I mean, the anime disregards key stuff to the .hack series--like how improbable it would be that people are falling back into comas again now that Aura's in her reign of peace, and how the plot of Dusk wasn't to save the intarwebz, but to show how great Aura's coming along at being a god and granting people's wishes...or something along those lines.

I don't know. Just don't take a light, enjoyable little side-story with one meaning, and try--TRY--to turn it into a story with a thicker plot that happens to have an entirely different meaning, and one that contradicts everything that came before it at that!

Ugh. The Dusk anime makes me shake and shiver with hatred.
Kite669

Post by Kite669 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, I can understand why they did it. 1) The manga wasn't done when they did the anime, and they were already halfway through the series so they had to finish it,

I see, thats why. I don't get it, why didn't they finish the manga first then make the anime? Was it because they were on a dead line?
and 2) Most people (on both sides of the globe) don't want to experience the same damn story twice.
Of course, who would want to do that? :lol:
I don't hate the Udeden anime because it's noncanon, since GU+ and X-Fourth kick major amounts of ass, but I hate it because it's just....so...goddamned STUPID.
I agree, it was very stupid. Seeing that they were only half way through the series, it would of been nice if they thought of a different idea for the end of the story then what they had now. So ya, if they have just thought of the right idea it wouldn't of been that stupid. But thats just the way is right?
God, did they hire Azure Kite to write it?
Well that depends, was the budget running low at the time? :lol:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

They couldn't wait for the manga. You know how long it takes for them to get made? Hell, it took half a year to release the third volume. I think maybe a bit more, even. And the broadcasting station isn't gonna wait that long for an anime.

God, the least they could've done was explain where the hell Morti came from. I would've scored it higher if they gave her a good origin, like Aura Clone or a Morganna Fragment. Or if they thought up of a better plotline than "LOL COMAS ANDA DATUR BUGZ"