The Terminal Disc Thread (High Spoiler Potential)

Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

Alright. I already beat the game.
And when I went to look at the protected
files I only got 3 of them open.
Am I doing anything wrong?
ophiophilia

Post by ophiophilia »

You should have files 1-4, and if you've gotten the data flag for the first volume, 6 and 10. The rest have to be opened with data flags from vol. 2 and 3.
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

ophiophilia wrote:
You should have files 1-4, and if you've gotten the data flag for the first volume, 6 and 10. The rest have to be opened with data flags from vol. 2 and 3.
ooo okay then. Just making sure. Thank You.
ophiophilia

Post by ophiophilia »

ophiophilia wrote:
Quote:

^^ No problem.

Also, from what I've read on the forum, you can open all of the files if you use Windows Media Player Classic (not the one that comes with Windows). I don't have a DVD drive on my computer, so I can't do it myself, though. ;p;
cubia of the azure earth

Post by cubia of the azure earth »

ophiophilia wrote:
ophiophilia wrote:
Quote:

^^ No problem.

Also, from what I've read on the forum, you can open all of the files if you use Windows Media Player Classic (not the one that comes with Windows). I don't have a DVD drive on my computer, so I can't do it myself, though. ;p;
you tube has them up finaly
ME

Post by ME »

I didn't get 6 for some reason
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

ME wrote:I didn't get 6 for some reason
Did you not get File 10?
Because you only get those two files in .hack//GU Vol. 1: Rebirth
after you beat the game. Defeat "Tri-Edge".
Wan
Diamond of Plenary
Diamond of Plenary

Post by Wan »

I think ive only got 6 and 10 unlocked. Need to check when the ps2 is free.
pekerman

Re: A few answers

Post by pekerman »

Noaru Hikari wrote:1. The Terminal Disc IS readable on a Windows Media Player Classic, I've successfully done it, you HAVE to HAVE a DVD player in order to first read the disc itself and I'm not sure about being able to read the GU scenes but most likely I'll go with the idea 90% sure cause of the Terminal Disc.
Or in WMP 9 (or later) if you have appropiate codecs.
JonkoSlunko

Post by JonkoSlunko »

I am pretty new here, but I beat vol. 1 of .Hack//GU, and after reading through this forum, I realize no one refers to what Project "G.U." is. I already know that some have watched like what's on the terminal disc and some of you didnt, but just in case I want to explain to those that don't. Basically,(correct me if I am wrong.), Project GU started in like the beginning of .Hack//Infection and goes through all 4 volumes of the game. What I never knew was Sora was actually a different player than the Sora from .Hack//Sign. He says the Sora in the game was actually one of the members of C.C. Corp. I won't go over too many details of it, but Sora and Mia both had merge with Macha and Skeith, two of the eight phases of Morganna. My memory is alittle foggy, but can someone tell me the names of the eight phases?
dothacker06

Post by dothacker06 »

JonkoSlunko wrote:I am pretty new here, but I beat vol. 1 of .Hack//GU, and after reading through this forum, I realize no one refers to what Project "G.U." is. I already know that some have watched like what's on the terminal disc and some of you didnt, but just in case I want to explain to those that don't. Basically,(correct me if I am wrong.), Project GU started in like the beginning of .Hack//Infection and goes through all 4 volumes of the game. What I never knew was Sora was actually a different player than the Sora from .Hack//Sign. He says the Sora in the game was actually one of the members of C.C. Corp. I won't go over too many details of it, but Sora and Mia both had merge with Macha and Skeith, two of the eight phases of Morganna. My memory is alittle foggy, but can someone tell me the names of the eight phases?
First of all you need to use the spoiler function whenever you are typing a spoiler. You can use it by typing spoiler at the beginning of the sentence and /spoiler at the ending fo the sentence with [] at both ends of the words. It will look like this  hi. You can read spoilers by highlighting the sentences.

Secondly Mia  was already Macha. She never merged with anything. Project G.U. did not start at the beginning of Infection, it started  a few months before The World R:1 met its demise. Sora a different player than the one in Sign? No, he is the same one.  C.C. Corp came up to Sora during project gu asking if he would like to be an epitaph user for Skeith seeing as how he had already merged with Skeith before. Luckily Sora refused (why he was lucky you find out for yourself).

Someone correct me if I am wrong with anything.
Skeith of the Dawn

Post by Skeith of the Dawn »

I guess a lot of people didnt want to unlock the files, lol. Aww, im the only one.
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth

Post by laysh »

I want to unlock them but I want to wait for vol.2 and 3
Wave Rider

Post by Wave Rider »

dothacker06 wrote: You can read spoilers by highlighting the sentences.

To think all this time I've been reading spoilers by clicking on the quote button! :lol:
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

dothacker06 wrote:  C.C. Corp came up to Sora during project gu asking if he would like to be an epitaph user for Skeith seeing as how he had already merged with Skeith before. Luckily Sora refused (why he was lucky you find out for yourself).

Someone correct me if I am wrong with anything.
  No, they didn't get in contact with Sora. He'd already terminated his account with The World.
JamesBeardIV

Post by JamesBeardIV »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:  No, they didn't get in contact with Sora. He'd already terminated his account with The World.
The disc does kinda leave you confused about Sora as I quote directly from the english version of File #1: "At another point, much later, Sora and Seig became intimately involved with Project G.U." And it singles out the pictures of the two characters as it says this. I kinda wonder if this was a translation mistake myself and maybe shoulda been said the other way around.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

JamesBeardIV wrote:
.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:  No, they didn't get in contact with Sora. He'd already terminated his account with The World.
The disc does kinda leave you confused about Sora as I quote directly from the english version of File #1: "At another point, much later, Sora and Seig became intimately involved with Project G.U." And it singles out the pictures of the two characters as it says this. I kinda wonder if this was a translation mistake myself and maybe shoulda been said the other way around.
Jun clarifies later (in file 6, I think) that Sora had already quit The World. He said Sora was important because his fusion with Skeith inspired the Epitaph PCs.
JamesBeardIV

Post by JamesBeardIV »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:Jun clarifies later (in file 6, I think) that Sora had already quit The World. He said Sora was important because his fusion with Skeith inspired the Epitaph PCs.
Which only makes sense if Jun had said the sentence wrong, or if a translator mistranslated. Correct way of saying this should have been "At another point, much later, Project G.U. became intimately involved with Sora and Seig."

Due to several other factors, I'm going with the mistranslation theory myself.
Ryokugun2

Post by Ryokugun2 »

If the Terminal Disk is just a summary of what I've already done in IMOQ, then I'm just going to not try to scramble all over the place finding it.
ME

Post by ME »

that's about a quarter of what's on the disk it also has other info like how the epitaph PC's were created, gives some answers to the lingering questions from IMOQ, and that's all i get with vol 1, I still have 8 or so more fiels to acsess