player look a likes

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

didoniac

Post by didoniac »

AuraTwilight wrote:How about we stop reviving several week old threads for meaningless off-topic discussion YOU started?
What?? I don't understand what u mean? :S
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You revived a thread that was over two weeks old just to post "NUH UH." Technically I'm in my rights to do something about it, so stop posting in the thread unless it's on-topic.
didoniac

Post by didoniac »

AuraTwilight wrote:You revived a thread that was over two weeks old just to post "NUH UH." Technically I'm in my rights to do something about it, so stop posting in the thread unless it's on-topic.
SORRY!!! For god's sake!!! I said it because I hate ppl saying bad stuff about rs!! and especially if the things that person says are wrong. Go ahead and ban me from this site then, I'm not afraid! (and acctually I said that u could go on with the stuff u were talking about) BUT what answer do I get? A ***** mod who threatens to ban me! Do it!! Ban me!! I don't care! The only thing on this forum I was interested in was for getting help on the games. I will leave this site even if u ban me or not. So go on and ban me!
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

Yeesh, way to over react there.

Anyway, all current MMORPGS have only a limited amount of character models. The lookalike character thing was done in order to make The World seem more like a real MMORPG. That's basically it.

Except in the case of Elk/Tsukasa where it was an actual plot point.
true story

Post by true story »

how? is that a plot point
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Mia was attached to Elk beccause subconcoiously he reminbded her of Tsukasa, same with the Aromatic grass, she hunted it because it was a reminder of Tsukasa's kindness, even after she betrayed Tsukasa.
Reon

Post by Reon »

And then we see in UNISON, that even though she changed, she still had some vague memories of Tsukasa (When Tsukasa gives her the Aromatic Grass and Mia sheds a tear). Right?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Exactly.
Grey

Post by Grey »

Invader wrote:
Rydis wrote:I bet there are people even stronger then balmung. Don't know if its any significance that Orca as level 50 in the games or just for gameplay. Though if 99 is the highest level, then we know gameplay wise Sora and Crim would be in equel in strength to Balmung. He was just lucky he had a smart friend.
Why would level even matter? If you got slashed by a sword wouldn't you die anyway regardless of the level of the wielder?
You know...in the anime, it is hard to tell. But, since it is a RPG and all, HP is involved. So...even if your neck was slashed at, the head wouldn't come off, and it'd probably just take away HP....or something.

*Cough* And I would make a comment about Didoniac's statements, but it wouldn't find its way through the thick skull... Doubtful he is still here if he left as he said he would.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Atually we are sen in an episode where Tsukasa, is struck by a spear and Crim get's hit once by Sora in Bitter Fantasy Mi8rror World. Odds are they take HP damage and that is all, but some places may have "critical spots" .
Darkmetrau
Tomorrow's Poet
Tomorrow's Poet

Post by Darkmetrau »

it would be confuseing seeing your self but in a diffrent color or diffrent style but still the same player sorry if its confuseing but how comes u dont see a minstral look a like at all ?
Umbra
The Avaricious
The Avaricious

Post by Umbra »

You revived a three year-old topic just to ask that? ¬_¬

I can't give you the answer to that, though there are a few similar characters, maybe her character type is unpopular? O.o
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Duh, you guys. It's a RARE avatar. That's why she chose it.
Grey

Post by Grey »

it would be confuseing seeing your self but in a diffrent color or diffrent style but still the same player
Happens all the time in real MMOs. There isn't a huge complaint about it, doesn't effect gameplay....and if it would effect it, they've done something to fix the problem.
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

Ya it's very easy to have matching avatars in the current MMORPGS we have. I mean I see a clone of my character and they become my good twin, I'm the evil one. =3