Old Characters in Manga - Look closely!

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Jekk

Old Characters in Manga - Look closely!

Post by Jekk »

I got the first 2 volumes about 2 years ago, and I was bored one day and reread them. While re-reading, I saw they had some backround characters. I'm gonna check soon to see what page exactly, but I know I saw Subaru (or at least someone who looked just like her). I think I also saw BT, I'm not 100% sure though.

So post other characters you've seen :D Remember to say which volume.
Marauder_44

Post by Marauder_44 »

in valume 2 it shows Rena talking to Nuke and Rachel or at least 2 dudes using their characters
it was in the temporary new server event they had while they were looking for info for zefie
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's Crim, not Nuke.

There's Tsukasa, Subaru, BT, Michi, Sanjuro, Rumor, Hokuto, Alf, Karl, Mistral, Kite, Orca, Blackrose, Culhwch, and Dorin.
Marauder_44

Post by Marauder_44 »

AuraTwilight wrote:That's Crim, not Nuke.
no, its Nuke, Crim has a strand of hair over his face, Nuke doesnt. and he had that same dumb expression on his face that Nuke always has, ergo its Nuke ;)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

A strand of hair over his face? You can't tell either way, his BACK IS TURNED! There's no facial expression visible either, and occam's razor dictates he's Crim since he's with BT, Subaru, and Tsukasa.

And Rachel doesn't appear at all, so I don't see where you get that from.
The Azure Wind

Post by The Azure Wind »

I think hes talking about volume 2 at naval monte
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I know. And they're NOT THERE.
Marauder_44

Post by Marauder_44 »

yes they are, go and read it again, its on page 93 in volume 2. first frame at the top. they're hard to miss
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I see a bird's eye view of Balmung and Wiseman, and in the absolute corner on the upper right-hand side I see a witch hat that may or may not belong to Hokuto, and a foot.

Unless you can convince me that the foot belongs to Moonstone or Rachel, then they're not where you say they are.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

top of page 95
Osamu

Post by Osamu »

I agree, it does look like them, but however I will not believe that it is them until you prove it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

They could just be random players. Frankly, if they were Nuke and Rachel, then they should know what a Vagrant AI is, due to being .hackers.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

AuraTwilight wrote:They could just be random players. Frankly, if they were Nuke and Rachel, then they should know what a Vagrant AI is, due to being .hackers.
I doubt they had little idea what was going on in the first place even toward the end. They should know especially because of Aura, but... they sucked anyway so who really cares whether or not it is or isn't those two losers?
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

AuraTwilight wrote:They could just be random players. Frankly, if they were Nuke and Rachel, then they should know what a Vagrant AI is, due to being .hackers.
When would they have heard that particular term? They'd be familiar with the concept behind it, but not those exact words.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

When would they have heard that particular term? They'd be familiar with the concept behind it, but not those exact words.
They probably would've atleast thought "Hey, that kind've sounds like (Example lol)"

If they ARE Nuke and Rachel, they should've heard the term "Ultimate AI" and should be able to make a connection.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

AuraTwilight wrote:
They probably would've atleast thought "Hey, that kind've sounds like (Example lol)"

If they ARE Nuke and Rachel, they should've heard the term "Ultimate AI" and should be able to make a connection.
To be fair it has been four years and they've more than likely been busy with things besides Aura: The sleeping moron who lets her "children" roam free and causes trouble with her very existence or in some cases, "lack" of. Odds are they wouldn't care by now, or as you said, different characters with an extremely similar design.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Just judging from the fact that this is in the chapter filled with cameo appearances of old characters, I'd say it's meant to be them.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I guess you're right.

Then again I would've been able to concede earlier if people could've given me the right PAGE NUMBER, and after that I just wasn't in the mood for bullcrap. XD
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

AuraTwilight wrote:I guess you're right.

Then again I would've been able to concede earlier if people could've given me the right PAGE NUMBER, and after that I just wasn't in the mood for bullcrap. XD
I thought 95 was the correct number, I checked. Unless you are referring to the previous posters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I remember correctly someone who looks exactly like Moonstone and Gardenia on page 27 of the first volume lower right hand corner. On the same page upper left, someone very Tsukasa-like.

Page 32 Terajima Ryoko if she became a lot shorter.

Page 33: Gardenia and Moonstone again? (Alot friendlier looking than ever before :p

Also someone similar to Sanjuro.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I thought 95 was the correct number, I checked. Unless you are referring to the previous posters.
I was. Thanks for the proper number.
If I remember correctly someone who looks exactly like Moonstone and Gardenia on page 27 of the first volume lower right hand corner. On the same page upper left, someone very Tsukasa-like.

Page 32 Terajima Ryoko if she became a lot shorter.

Page 33: Gardenia and Moonstone again? (Alot friendlier looking than ever before :p
Nope.