NO ZEFFIE!?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think Vol. 3 of the manga will come out after the epis based on it are shown on CN?

Yeps
45%
Nopes
55%

Total votes: 22

Rena-Chan

NO ZEFFIE!?

Post by Rena-Chan »

Zeffie was suposed to come next epi! WHY DID THEY ADD A NOT PART OF THE MANGA EPI?! In the manga their waiting for hotaru at the beach and go on the quest, no problems, rena is scared, they find out SHUUGO was training secretly, they beat a lich lord, save rena, and then go to see fireworks. Hotaru comes in, music changes... sounds like someone's singing... Shuugo sees a girl who looks like aura... but younger and she trurns around and it's zeffie! so that's what should have happened at the end of that last epi! THERE IS NO HOT SPRINGS! Zeffie, the new root town and zeffie related stuff should be in the next epi... BUT NO! THEY ADD A HOT SPRINGS!

SRY bout that.... but it is tru. Oh and do you think that the Vol. 3 epis will be shown on TV before the manga comes out?
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Yes there are only 12 ep. and one comes out every week. The manga doesnt come out till Novenmber.
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Calm, Rena-chan, calm. There no episodes based on volume three of the manga, just as there are none based on volume two. The series diverges somewhat from the manga after about the third or fourth episode, and there are only a couple of common elements, like Kamui. That doesn't mean it's a bad series, though - just take the series out of the context of the manga.
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

One other thing: IT'S COLBALT KNIGHTS! not cerulian knights! that's what bugged me the most... i was sitting here at my computer when i was on and a pounded the seat of the chair with my fists because they changed the name!

One of my friends told me that all the names of any new animes will be changed... but i'm not to sure. ((EX: Tokyo Mew Mew was originaly going to be HOLYWOOD mew mew.... how did they exspect to take the Tokyo Tower out?))

Also THEY CAN'T CUT ZEFFIE! she's the most important part! she's like aura, cept she can stay with shuugo the whole time! they can't cut zeffie out!!!!

~~Rena-Chan~~
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Rena-Chan wrote:One other thing: IT'S COLBALT KNIGHTS! not cerulian knights!
... uh... that's the same colour. If you want the name unchanged, then go and watch it in Japanese.
Also THEY CAN'T CUT ZEFFIE! she's the most important part!
Uh... sure they can. She's the most important part of that story - but what if the story was different? If it cheers you up, though, there is an AI in the anime, it's just not Zefie.
MireilleChan

Post by MireilleChan »

Well...one thing that i heard os that Zeifie comes out later in the anime...
BUT the manga and the anime have different story lines...so don't expect Zefie-chan to come out as she did in the manga...

(about the Tokyo Mew Mew becuming HOLLYWOOD mew mew...i heard its becuz they think LITTLE KIDS won't know wut TOKYO is....XXP)
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Rena-Chan wrote:One other thing: IT'S COLBALT KNIGHTS! not cerulian knights! that's what bugged me the most... i was sitting here at my computer when i was on and a pounded the seat of the chair with my fists because they changed the name!

(*snip*)

Also THEY CAN'T CUT ZEFFIE! she's the most important part! she's like aura, cept she can stay with shuugo the whole time! they can't cut zeffie out!!!!
If Zefie was edited out of the anime, she was edited out by the animators and whoever on the direction team that decided to completely throw away most of the manga plot. The .hack//LOTB anime completely deviates from the manga after a while (which several people on this board have already said), but it has absolutely nothing to do with the people who dubbed it. The dubbing company has done a good job with .hack so far.
One of my friends told me that all the names of any new animes will be changed... but i'm not to sure. ((EX: Tokyo Mew Mew was originaly going to be HOLYWOOD mew mew.... how did they exspect to take the Tokyo Tower out?))
4Kids Entertainment has since stated in a press release that it is going to be called Tokyo Mew Mew. Don't get all upset over nothing. This isn't like the old days of anime in America where name changes, heavy editing, and really bad dubs were the norm.
nyeh ^^

Post by nyeh ^^ »

Zeffie somewhat scares me in da manga..... :shock: scary...afros...
but besides dat...she's so kyute! and dat didn't relate to da topic at all!

But if they don't show zeffie in the anime....won't dat mess up the whole plot??

but i've never seen the anime...TT______TT
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

No, i wouldnt screw the plot. Although the manga and anime seem the same, the are very different. So people, please stop saying the plot'll be screwed without zefie.
Twinblades

Post by Twinblades »

Well we all know how TokyoPop can really mess with a manga and it still comes pretty close to the real thing. Anybody can look at any anime based on a manga or vise versa and see that...but theres not much we can do...just remember that the anime was out before the last manga came out so i don't think they have any clue on what happens. That might be the reason they didn't put her in it...again...thats just a theory
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Twinblades wrote:Well we all know how TokyoPop can really mess with a manga and it still comes pretty close to the real thing. Anybody can look at any anime based on a manga or vise versa and see that...but theres not much we can do...just remember that the anime was out before the last manga came out so i don't think they have any clue on what happens. That might be the reason they didn't put her in it...again...thats just a theory
No I dont think thats it. Remeber just because soething comes out in America before something else doesnt mean that was the way in Japan. And tokyo pop only edited Komian's wish. So dont blame them.
Storm

Post by Storm »

But in this case Twinblades is correct. The anime was created and aired before the second manga even hit the print in Japan. Volume three didn't come out in Japan until the beginning of April. (I know, I bought it when it came out. I live in Japan.)

By that time the anime was subbed, dubbed, and being manufactured for the US release, long having been off the airwaves and released on DVD in Japan.

But I also agree with you, FLARE, I think people bite the hand that feeds them far too often.
Twinblades

Post by Twinblades »

I'm sorry if i meant it that way...of course Tokyopop is a great publisher for bringing stuff from Japan over to the U. S. And i also understand that, well, nobodys perfect...just one question...does anyone have any idea why they made the anime before they printed the mangas?
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Tokyopop has nothing whatsoever in the slightest to have anything to do with anything at all in this case. The manga and the anime are different because the manga and the anime were written different. Don't forget, these were written by real live people in Japan, not just churned out by the Tokyopop Infinite Monkeys room.

Presumably they made the anime before the second volume of the manga was published because... oh, let's see... they made the anime before the second volume of the manga was published. That's basically the reason in its entirety. The manga-ka wrote too slowly, so the people making the anime caught up before it was ready, and so had to make up their own story.
Natsume

Post by Natsume »

! episode a week and for me, they just showed the first chapter fo the second one and the 3rd comes out augest ninth...let's see...They'll air the first episdoe of the thrid one the same week as it comes out... by my own calculations... i mgiht be wrong...
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Perhaps your calculations are off. Even if they started screening the episodes now in Australia, they'll still be finished by the first week of October, which is still a month shy of the release date of volume three. There are only twelve episodes, you know.
MireilleChan

Post by MireilleChan »

Zeifie not in the anime...that's that. I just finished watching the whole anime and she didn't cum out......
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

How come tokyopop((or who ever does the manga in japan)) wrk w/whoever's gonna do the anime to make it come out the way peoplez/fanz want? ewwwkkkk ur probably sick of me now >.< but i drew stuff if u wanna see...?
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

We've already had this discussion in this thread - tokyopop has nothing to do with it, they just do the translation into English. What makes you think that how it is now isn't the way the fans want it? It's just that you don't like it that way - I like having two different stories. It means I don't have to watch the same story twice in two different media.

Stop comparing the anime to the manga, as in my experience, it will only ruin your viewing of the anime. If you're sitting there going "that's different, that's different", then there's no way for you to just sit back and enjoy the anime for what it is. Zefie doesn't need to appear in the anime, because it's not the same story.
southprk256

Post by southprk256 »

Maybe the manga will have a better ending...one that actually makes sense :?: