so hows Hotaru......?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

so hows Hotaru......?

Post by shugo_lover »

hows hotaru you people seam to diss rena shugo a lot and the wave master person but what about ouka and hotaru and bulmong?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: so hows Hotaru......?

Post by Erroneous »

shugo_lover wrote:you people seam to diss rena shugo
Don't affiliate all of us with those you hate, and learn to spell and punctuate for christ sakes.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Im not saying I hate. I'm just saying that nobody talks about any of the others and well yah. I
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Just because we don't talk about them doesn't mean we hate them. I mean, what is there really to talk about?
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

yah your rite rilly(and sorry if I cant spell)
reckstar

Post by reckstar »

well honestly, i thought hotaru was a boy when i first saw her. i wished for more interaction between shugo and ouka though, they seem good together
A

Post by A »

HOTARUUUUUU!!!! >_< :3 She´s my 2nd female fav-.hack-char.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hotaru's not a female.
Yes she is. If you're thinking of "Let's meet offline!", that's non-canon, and was proven wrong by both the manga and Hotaru's story in AI Buster 2, which both state that she's a female.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Er. ^^;; Firefly doesn't state Hotaru's female. They keep her gender vague whenver referring to her offline.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

In the English version, sure, but in the Japanese, she refers to herself as "Watashi."
Passé

Post by Passé »

^I thought Watashi was a general term. Everybody can use it, but boys prefer Boku. I'm not arguing with you(I know Hotaru's a girl), just trying to clarify something. >.>;
AuraTwilight wrote:Just because we don't talk about them doesn't mean we hate them. I mean, what is there really to talk about?
Absolutely nothing. They don't make major appereances in later stories. They just show up for this little slice of .hack and disappear. Hence why we don't talk about them. XD
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Passé wrote:^I thought Watashi was a general term. Everybody can use it, but boys prefer Boku. I'm not arguing with you(I know Hotaru's a girl), just trying to clarify something. >.>;
You are absolutely correct. "Watashi" is also the first-person pronoun of choice for many foreign learners of Japanese, at least in the early years of learning. And choice of pronoun can't be taken as a definite indication of gender - Mireille uses "Boku".
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Correct, but it certainly implies less of a bias, since Watashi is formally associated with femininity. Regardless, the udeden manga (specifically, the Unplugged bonus picture), makes it obvious that Hotaru's a girl.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You can't be gay, Wander, you keep making out with your step sisters. You'd be bi, worst case scenario.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Wander wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:You can't be gay, Wander, you keep making out with your step sisters. You'd be bi, worst case scenario.
Aren't like...all emo people bi? Yuck.

Ahh! Too much homo thinking! *looks at the mirror* Quick! Do something manly! *grabs chest hair and rips it out of his skin-sceams*

;) I luv the taste of my step sisters in the morning.
You shouldn't assume things about peoples sexuality just because they are in a group you mentally put them in.
I happen to know alot of bisexual people,who are actually quite friendly(all girls,by the way...excpet one) and I know those you would clasify as "Emo" and they are probably straiter than a cypress pole....excpet one...but anyway......

And nice job roppin off a chocolate bar commercial(seriously,I never thought anyone would use material from that comercial as a punchline)
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

lol AT and Wander....your banter amuses me :)
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

shugo_lover wrote:yah your rite rilly(and sorry if I cant spell)
can't spell?????

i spell even vorse when i write german.... your'e lucky...
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

LOL Shugo is a funny character as well as Rena though he got a little irritating with finding his sister after she was killed by Lich in the anime. In the manga he was less annoying and funnier espically when he was with Ouka. XD
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

I totally agree with you!!! Its reallly funny how shugo gets so embaressed :lol:
Ratsu

Re:

Post by Ratsu »

ReiMehari wrote:lol AT and Wander....your banter amuses me :)
yea not to get off topic but I would love to see a topic where the two of them just starts chatting an doing randome things like that XD

and yes AT is right (big suprize) becasue if I am not mistaken Hatoru (IRL) is a girl and a student of Sanjoru. (IRL) that and Watashiwa is the girl-ish way of refering to them self, wile I think Bokuwa is the male equivalent.