well what about Rena what do you ? about her?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

well what about Rena what do you ? about her?

Post by shugo_lover »

so well what do you people ? of rena is she just as cool to you guys or what[/code]
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Um....huh?
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »

Umm.. ya, she's pretty cool (in the manga atleast). She has the whole "keeping Shugo in line" role of being the sister down pretty good, which is funny whenever Shugo starts drooling over any and all female players.

Then again, what male wouldn't get a nosebleed after realizing they had just been rolling around on the ground with Ouka and getting licked by her :shock:
Maj Lei

Post by Maj Lei »

DragonLord wrote:Umm.. ya, she's pretty cool (in the manga atleast). She has the whole "keeping Shugo in line" role of being the sister down pretty good, which is funny whenever Shugo starts drooling over any and all female players.
yeah, she's cool in the manga, but in the anime, not only was she in virtual purgatory most of the time, but she was a little too clingy and said "shugo" too much. Plus I didn't like the english dub for her voice - it was so squeaky!
Then again, what male wouldn't get a nosebleed after realizing they had just been rolling around on the ground with Ouka and getting licked by her :shock:
Me.
and btw why did they change her name to "Ohka"?
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »

No idea on the name change :? I've only read the manga, never seen the anime subbed or dubbed cause I keep hearing how the anime ends up being not important to the .hack story at all. Rena does say Shugo (or big brother) alot though, even in the manga 8)
Zakya

Post by Zakya »

Yeah I thought Rena was all good and well...although i was disapointed in both the ending and the fact that she went missing for over half of the anime, meh >.>!
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Maj Lei wrote:and btw why did they change her name to "Ohka"?
It's a mistranslation.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

Hmm Rena's okay. She can get a bit annoying though, especially in the anime. She used to be one of my favorite characters however, but Mireille took over. xD I have nothing against her, although one of my friends seriously hates her.
Fleur de Lys

Post by Fleur de Lys »

In fact, ou- or oh- are both english translation (or attempt of pronunciation) for the "long" japanese "o". I think that the correct pronunciation should be "o-oka". But, so, the "ou" translation is more common than the "oh". In France, where i come from, that's Ôka (i hope you could see it on the screen). That's an other way of romanizing the word, as the ô is the french writing for a long o.

Fleur de Lys.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Fleur de Lys wrote:
In fact, ou- or oh- are both english translation (or attempt of pronunciation) for the "long" japanese "o". I think that the correct pronunciation should be "o-oka". But, so, the "ou" translation is more common than the "oh". In France, where i come from, that's Ôka (i hope you could see it on the screen). That's an other way of romanizing the word, as the ô is the french writing for a long o.

Fleur de Lys.
Ôka is one of the standard romanizations. "Oh-" is not in any officially recognized system, but it's been in common use in literary translation for at least the last century.

Ooka is also standard, while Ouka is nonstandard, but a more direct representation of how it would be written in kana.
Fleur de Lys

Post by Fleur de Lys »

Shinsou Wotan wrote:Ôka is one of the standard romanizations. "Oh-" is not in any officially recognized system, but it's been in common use in literary translation for at least the last century.

Ooka is also standard, while Ouka is nonstandard, but a more direct representation of how it would be written in kana.
Thanks for your clarifications. As i use wwwjdic, and it always render the long o by an "ou" (even in the kana), i thought that "ou" was a standard (and "official") english romanization for the long o.

In fact, that's also sometimes the Japaneses themselves who use "ou" or "oh" in their romanization. For example, i see a lot of Rin Tohsaka, in japanese sites.
And, we also forget another spelling : the "ow", as in Yowkow (or Masamune Shirow), who is known as Alkaid (so, no more problem of spelling^^).
I guess that it's another non-standard way to render the long o.

Fleur de Lys.
Maj Lei

Post by Maj Lei »

yeah, i figured it might be an error.

thanks for all the info!
Kouen
The Crimson Dusk
The Crimson Dusk

Post by Kouen »

I only watched the english dubbed version of the anime, that voice and all the Oh Shugo-ing she does really got to me, annoying. ._.
DataDrainZ

Post by DataDrainZ »

Rena was alright, She looked cuter since it was chibi type
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

I hate rena! Especialy in the anime. Shes soo.. i just dont like her >.>
Lysergic

Post by Lysergic »

I really hated her, she seemed important but really wasn't
She beats up Shugo
Shes all over Balmung
She spends like twenty pages crying

and blackrose's player character was wasted on her
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

she was cute being all chibi and what not...and the always taking off her clothes was a bonus.
lukan
Author of "Black And White And..."
Author of "Black And White And..."
Location: Land of Prinnies, DOOD!!! Now with more pancakes!!(member of the Rotton Peaches)

Post by lukan »

and the always taking off her clothes was a bonus.
:shock:
why you dirty little moo cow!
>_>
Toszi