Pathetic

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Pathetic

Post by Nukasa »

All of the characters are the same, just with different names. All except Sanjiro, anyway, since he just stayed in the world for 4 years. It's pretty pathetic. They could've at least come up with a new wavemaster, not just taken Mistral and given her a weird-spelled version of her old name, with the same character model, personality, and rare weapon collection, and threw her into the mix. Also, they always screaming "Rena! Shugo!" which gets really annoying. When you're in a coma, you don't actually go to a Japanese server, you just...float in a black hole or something, I don't know. I remember Aura saying they were in some Japanese server or something.

Also, what was that series even about? The bracelet wasn't shaped right, since it was some sort of "data bracelet" not an actual bracelet he wears on his arm for everyone to see. The phases had all been destroyed, along with the data bugs (which was proven in .hack//Sign - Unity), so what were they even fighting? Those Dusk episodes were never really needed, since they didn't contribute anything and just screwed up the series by making up things instead of going by what the previous anime and games were explaining.
Lysergic

Post by Lysergic »

i agree with you.
the characters were completly idiotic, the butchered Balmung into a child molester
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Pathetic

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Nukasa wrote:They could've at least come up with a new wavemaster, not just taken Mistral and given her a weird-spelled version of her old name, with the same character model, personality, and rare weapon collection, and threw her into the mix.
Actually, if you read the Legend of the Twilight manga, Mireille is found out to be Mistral's daughter. Mistral gave her PC to Mireille, and she later changed the name at an event.

But yes, I don't much care for the LotT anime; I'll eventually get it, just to say I have all the .hack animes, but until then my money is best spent on other .hack merchandise (as in CDs v^.^).
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

So Mireille is actually 4 years old? >.>

Mistral was pregnant throughout the game series, and since Dusk happened 4 years after the games, then Mireille has to be really young. =/

Speaks good English.
Airon

Post by Airon »

the anime is just there, every franchise has one of those mistakes, and the anime wasn't god awful, not great though, i found myself bored, prefered the mangas.

mireille is a child prodigy, super smart.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The anime sucks. Manga 4ever.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Meh, I've never liked comics. =s

Too much "BANG!!!", "ZOOOOOM!!!" =/
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

The manga is nothing that simple. You should really look into getting it. If not locally, then online.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Meh, well alright. =P I'll see what I can do.

But the only thing I've seen around here is Bleach manga. =/
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hey now, Bleach is good too :P

Don't knock Da Bleach.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

The anime wasn't that bad. The ending didn't make a lot of sense compared to the how it ended in the manga but still it wasn't that bad.
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

It didn't make sense at all. They didn't even explain what happened to Rena.
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

Nukasa wrote:It didn't make sense at all. They didn't even explain what happened to Rena.
Well...  Actually, it shows in a bonus episode that everybody lives happily ever after.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It wasn't a bonus episode, it was a bonus scene that came on after the credits.
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

AuraTwilight wrote:It wasn't a bonus episode, it was a bonus scene that came on after the credits.
Oops. Um... that's what I ment to say. :wink:
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Where did you guys watch Dusk? I don't remember there being anything after the credits on CN...they always cut out things. >>
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'd assume most people watched subs. According to the forum rules, no one can tell you where exactly they obtained them though.
Osamu

Post by Osamu »

Nukasa wrote:So Mireille is actually 4 years old? >.>

Mistral was pregnant throughout the game series, and since Dusk happened 4 years after the games, then Mireille has to be really young. =/

Speaks good English.
She is four years old with an IQ of like 200something
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Nukasa wrote:Where did you guys watch Dusk? I don't remember there being anything after the credits on CN...they always cut out things. >>
I'm late, but it's possible the scene was kept on the DVD.
Twilight Rose

Post by Twilight Rose »

I agree the manga is much more better than the anime.

I did not understand why Zelfie did not appear in the anime version, alot of changes.....

Still I enjoyed the anime, Shugo x Rena Twin love FTW!! X3