the book

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

XxDarKitexX

the book

Post by XxDarKitexX »

i love the book alot. its amzing and if there is a show i would love to see it. and if this is for the book lol sorry for my ignorence.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's an anime, but it's terrible and not even considered part of the storyline.
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

AuraTwilight wrote:There's an anime, but it's terrible and not even considered part of the storyline.
It's not that bad... Just don't expect anything to deep; it's good for laughs and not much more.
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

But the main Dot Hack stroyline wasn't exactly supposed to be like that. :?

I thought it was a waste of money and time to get through the anime AND manga. Seriously. It had no relevance whatsoever unless you count Rena having an obsession over the 'Dot Hackers'.
XxDarKitexX

Post by XxDarKitexX »

im gonna have to try and find the anime then. i might as well take a look at it :P
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

Kite_2000 wrote:But the main Dot Hack stroyline wasn't exactly supposed to be like that. :?

I thought it was a waste of money and time to get through the anime AND manga. Seriously. It had no relevance whatsoever unless you count Rena having an obsession over the 'Dot Hackers'.
Hmm... it was maybe a waste of money, but if their cool with that, I'm cool with that. And besides, for all the people who don't like to read manga (yes, all 5 of you) now they can watch a... umm... unique version of it. :o
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I hate the anime because it was a poorly executed, rushed rehash of the IMOQ plot, with lame, predictable plottwists and terribly flat characters.
Vargus the Green Flame

well...

Post by Vargus the Green Flame »

I thought that it was a nice turn for some good laughs, I mean after beating all of the games and watching //SIGN I was getting a little tired of all the serious stuff.
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

AuraTwilight wrote:It was a poorly executed, rushed rehash of the IMOQ plot, with lame, predictable plottwists and terribly flat characters.
Can't aruge with ya there.
Vargus the Green Flame wrote:It was a nice turn for some good laughs, I mean after beating all of the games and watching //SIGN I was getting a little tired of all the serious stuff.
Indeed.

The point is: some think it's funny, some think it's stupid. It's all just speculation.
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

It's watchable... but that's about it. Since it's non-canon you don't have to watch it, but it's certainly worth taking a look at. I totally hate what they did with Reki and Kamui though.
XxDarKitexX

Post by XxDarKitexX »

any idea of were i can possibly get it?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Buy the DVD off Amazon, I guess.
The point is: some think it's funny, some think it's stupid. It's all just speculation.
You mean Opinion?
TSGOTF

Post by TSGOTF »

AuraTwilight wrote:
You mean Opinion?
Hmm... Yeah, I guess that would be a better word, huh?
Vargus the Green Flame

The only part I didnt like about it was the whole:......RRRRRREEEEEENNNNNNAAAAAA!!!!!! SSSSSSHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGOOOOOO!!!!!!
RRRRRREEEEEENNNNNNAAAAAA!!!!!!
SSSSSSHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGOOOOOO!!!!!!

you people who have seen it know what im talkin about :roll:

Come to think of it they were also somewhat in love with eachother in a family/relationship way......I think the Japanese term for these moments are called MOE.

Fused your posts. Don't Doublepost in the future. AuraTwilight.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Er....no they weren't. And "Moe" is just any cute, sexually provokative character. But I digress. Shugo and Rena's relationship is a perfectly normal twin sibling bond. However, Shugo was turned on by his sister's character, he was not attracted to his sister in any serious way. It wouldn't of mattered if it was his sister or anyone else controlling the "Rena Blackrose" PC.
Vargus the Green Flame

Ive known all of that, some of us arent new to this stuff to you know 8)
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Both the book and the anime were different but they did maintain the feel. However I liked the book because it had a better storyline and the anime had a terrible ending.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

It should be noted that when people say the anime isn't part of the storyline, it's not an insult to the series itself. The anime is literally non-canon. Only the manga is.

And I enjoy the anime as a .hack-ish series, but I'm quite happy with the manga being canon instead.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Zer0 wrote:The ending of the anime made me cry. It was horrible. Literally. I could have made a better one :/
Yeah I watched the other version on youtube hoping that it would be a bit different and I was dissappointed. Oh well the anime version did end with a nice cliff hanger. Though i wish we could of seen how it ended instead of watching Rena and Shugo go into that infected chaos gate and the episode would end.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Cless wrote:
Zer0 wrote:The ending of the anime made me cry. It was horrible. Literally. I could have made a better one :/
Yeah I watched the other version on youtube hoping that it would be a bit different and I was dissappointed. Oh well the anime version did end with a nice cliff hanger. Though i wish we could of seen how it ended instead of watching Rena and Shugo go into that infected chaos gate and the episode would end.
If you stuck around for the very end after the credits, you see that  they survive. But yes, it was a horrible ending.