Changes in the World R:1

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

infinite_twilight

Changes in the World R:1

Post by infinite_twilight »

The world expansion pack in LoTB is a great improvement, I think. But one thing people don't know, is there were two origional classes released. Kickboxer, and yes, I said it, archer. I HAVE PROOF! There are some in the backround of LoTB! (I am not forgeting werewolf, but that is an evolution of the kickboxer class, so I am not counting it.)

Pic:

Not to mention that the World revision 1 (R:1) makes clothes items, so you can change them like real clothes, not like in the original world, where Mimiru and BlackRose were stuck in a bikini even if they were in snow feilds. It also allows the clothes to be ripped by damage.

A couple of other new features were added aswell.
- PVP added
- PKing restored
- Temporary Root Town, Naval Monte, added for the span of one summer
- Parties can now have more than three PCs
- Number of keywords used to enter a field no longer restricted to exactly three

I am not sure, but is the secret hidout thing new too? I am pretty sure it wasn't in any games. But I could be wrong.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Um....that's actually a picture from SIGN, because you can see Bear and Mimiru. The inclusion of Archers was an oversight due to miscommunication, and it's debateable whether the Archers canonically exist.
infinite_twilight

Post by infinite_twilight »

Oops, sorry. But it does say that in the .hack wiki. I wish it was true. The world R:2 has the steam gunner for long range attacks, so I think the world should have some too. (Not just wave users.)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It was never "exactly three" keywords in the English version...

Umm, the Archer dude's class is listed as "????" in Analysis I believe. It might be a hacker, though it might also be a new class. Analysis gives "Pugilist" (the predecessor to Grappler) as "one of many classes added to The World". But seeing as this is in SIGN and not Udeden, I think it's more likely a hacker or something...
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

Or the quiver is just an accessory you can choose at character creation. I mean Kite had that funky backpack thing that served no purpose. Maybe the quivers were the same?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

You missed where I got shot down for the same idea in Talk:Class
Kay

Post by Kay »

eh, i always considered the archers jus to be long arms. anyway, hideouts/ houses were around in fragment. you find this out in AI Buster. remember the dude from ai buster leaves before lotb happens so hideouts had to come before R1