Why does Kamui seem evil in this series?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Gmr Leon

Why does Kamui seem evil in this series?

Post by Gmr Leon »

I mean she never seemed nice,but she just seems a bit evil in this series. Is it just me or is she just a bit evil?

(Evil in the sense she's a bit to harsh..)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well YEA, she's the antagonist. That's kind've the point. She also extremely hates Vagrant AI's because one of them is responsible for Albireo to quit CC Corp, and she's as vicious as she is to get vengeance and because she doesn't see them as alive. She doesn't realize AI's are as real as she is. She thinks they're no smarter than the ingame NPC's.
Gmr Leon

Post by Gmr Leon »

I haven't really watched the series all to much,I suppose that's why I didn't know she's supposed to be the antagonist.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

In .hack//AI Buster 2 you find out why Albireo quits and who Kamui blames for his quitting.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Did Kamui know about Lycoris? I don't remember if she did.
Hoshi

Post by Hoshi »

She's one of the antagonists. She's not supposed to be nice. =(
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

She knows about Lycoris. She doesn't know like...her name or anything about her past the fact that she's responsible for Albireo quitting, though. Afterall, Lycoris was reported to the staff, and so everyone in CC Corp would know about it.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Ah, right though I don't recall if Alberio put in the talk he had with Lycoris, but since nothing was done, I'd have to guess he did not, since if I remember correctly, there weren't many debugger's higher then him.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Xu Yuan wrote:Ah, right though I don't recall if Alberio put in the talk he had with Lycoris, but since nothing was done, I'd have to guess he did not, since if I remember correctly, there weren't many debugger's higher then him.
Albireo was the head of the debug section. He did make a report to his superiors (probably including Lios, the head of system administration), in which he treated the Lycoris incident as a fairly normal "hunting down an escaped AI" job, and omitted the bits where she talked to him about what was really going on in the system.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Kamui was just follows the same ideals as Alberios. She believes the same thing Watari believes about cheating and that it can have a huge effect on the online world than it can on a offline game.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Yet she hates all illegal data because of Watari being fired.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

True but how long can an individual hold a grudge again a data? Also don't you think she is mad at the higher ups for blaming him for the coming of the Twilight Incident.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

No, at least she doesn't appear to be, she blames it on the Vagrant AI rather than them. It is obvious the absence of Watarai drove her a little crazy as can be told by the many medication's and anti depressant's she takes.
Aera

Post by Aera »

she's not EVIL. she's justified in my opinion. And at the very end of the manga it's not like she goes crazy in trying to stop them.
Hacker.Rena

Post by Hacker.Rena »

I'm not a big fan of Kamui at all, because I think AI's are really cool, but I wouldn't call her evil. Just very... set in her opinions.