Balmungs death? perhaps? ending of .hack//undeden

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

Kite_2000 wrote:Aw man, leave it to you to stuff up all my points that I try my hardest to clarify :P

Sheesh, are you proud? You have won aainst an 11 year old...
well, yeah i'm proud that i proved my point, but dissapointed that you didn't prove your's!
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

SnowManZero wrote:
Kite_2000 wrote:Aw man, leave it to you to stuff up all my points that I try my hardest to clarify :P

Sheesh, are you proud? You have won aainst an 11 year old...
well, yeah i'm proud that i proved my point, but dissapointed that you didn't prove your's!
Big old meanie...*mumble mumble*
Pycopath

Post by Pycopath »

he is gone now..you said it yourself, when anyone gets data drain used on them there gone...for good..untill the next kite comes and frees them all
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

Data Drain huh...?

Hey, ever wonder why Aura created the book of twilight in the first place? 0_o
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

To save the World, duh.
xeno

Post by xeno »

Balmung is  undeletable, because he has kites member address and Kite has his (and the bracelet) therefore the datadrain would be nulled, and void only having minimal status such as loss of hp, sp or a status effect, because the Twilight bracelet protects the twilight dragon(kite) and his companions from the effects of datadrain and other things such as deletion, as does it protect Shugo and Rena's friends because Shugo has the bracelet as well, however Tri-edge could just be the corrupt system trying to reboot itself with Kites character being the only thing left and it being corrupt it only remembers part of his characters thus the stitches and I'll stop there before it turns into an out of place post, (and I was jsut answering the question so dont yell at me)
but this was probly posted somewhere already anyway...
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

If I remember correctly I heard from someone off some forum that in .hack//Another Birth there's a line where Mia says to Blackrose that she smells like the bracelet even when Kite's not around. It was kite's protective barrier,(Surrounded by the Twilight Bracelet severely lessens Data Drain) Though I suppose it may be Kite's feeling's for Blackrose that always offered her the protection. Of course thesee are all speculation, the poiint I'm trying to make is...

Perhaps Balmung may not have been offered that same protection, though I seriously doubt he's dead or data drained, or any of the like.
JonFireblade

Post by JonFireblade »

that spolier above make a huge amount of sense, remember when you fought the phases in the old games, you werent the only one to get data drained, i've had blackrose DD several times, wiseman a couple, and blumung too if i remember correctly. point being the affects were minimul. So either Tri-edge has a special version of DD or Bulmung is still around.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

The question is whether the 'Data Drain' move used by the fases in the game's non-story sequences should be considered canon.
AlphaBlades

Post by AlphaBlades »

No no nooooooo. C'mon, think reasonably about it. They're not going to make the DD that's in the battle the same as the DD you see Kite or Skieth use. How smart would it be if the creators made it just like Kite's DD? BAM Mistrill's in a coma cause of a lucky DD by Innus? No, it'd kill the story line. I highly doubt Kite's bracelet OR data OR anything about him protected him or the others in his party. It just doesn't make sense.

What DOES make sense is that the creators of the game aren't going to let their characters fall into comas from some phase battle and never get to use them in the story line again. Sometimes games have plotholes they can't get around. Being DD'd in a battle is one of them.

As a rule of thumb in most RPG battles is that they're not nessessarily cannon. What ever happens in a battle doesn't REALLY matter as long as the outcome in the end is the same. You win. and the plot goes on. A PERFECT example ois FFVII when Aeris dies. People die ALLL the time in battle, but are brought back to life, yet she isn't. Why? Cause battles aren't cannon.

Make sense?
AlphaBlades

Post by AlphaBlades »

Dengar wrote:The question is whether the 'Data Drain' move used by the fases in the game's non-story sequences should be considered canon.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!! How wierd that you would say that just as I was writing that lil rant of mine.. I didn't even see this until I posted.. lmao =p
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Especially when you consider the fact that EVERYONE with the exception of Kite, was Data Drained by Corbenik anyway. So far for the whole 'protection' theory. Even if you say 'but Kite didn't have the bracelet then', you forget that during battle, Corbenik also uses the traditional 'causes all status ailments' Data Drain.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No no nooooooo. C'mon, think reasonably about it. They're not going to make the DD that's in the battle the same as the DD you see Kite or Skieth use. How smart would it be if the creators made it just like Kite's DD? BAM Mistrill's in a coma cause of a lucky DD by Innus? No, it'd kill the story line. I highly doubt Kite's bracelet OR data OR anything about him protected him or the others in his party. It just doesn't make sense.

What DOES make sense is that the creators of the game aren't going to let their characters fall into comas from some phase battle and never get to use them in the story line again. Sometimes games have plotholes they can't get around. Being DD'd in a battle is one of them.
It's not a plothole if it fits, silly. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean anything, because it makes sense to hundreds, maybe thousands of other fans.
Especially when you consider the fact that EVERYONE with the exception of Kite, was Data Drained by Corbenik anyway. So far for the whole 'protection' theory. Even if you say 'but Kite didn't have the bracelet then', you forget that during battle, Corbenik also uses the traditional 'causes all status ailments' Data Drain.
You could claim that Drain Heart can't be protected against :P
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Dengar wrote:The question is whether the 'Data Drain' move used by the fases in the game's non-story sequences should be considered canon.
Yes, it should. The Bracelet canonically provides some degree of protection, which is empirically proven to be insufficient to shield against Corbenik's Drain Heart. (Or maybe it does provide protection, and the period of unconsciousness that follows the draining is the reduced effect.)
AlphaBlades

Post by AlphaBlades »

AuraTwilight wrote: It's not a plothole if it fits, silly. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean anything, because it makes sense to hundreds, maybe thousands of other fans.
Sooo.. Are you saying it makes sense that DD only causes status aliments in battle but sends people into comas out of battle..? o_O;

Excuse me if I lost what you meant in translation. *Bow*
AlphaBlades

Post by AlphaBlades »

Shinsou Wotan wrote:
Yes, it should. The Bracelet canonically provides some degree of protection, which is empirically proven to be insufficient to shield against Corbenik's Drain Heart. (Or maybe it does provide protection, and the period of unconsciousness that follows the draining is the reduced effect.)
But Kite's Data Drain is the same programming as the phases, isn't it? So why wouldn't the protection work both ways...? Unless I'm not understanding something.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

AlphaBlades wrote:
Shinsou Wotan wrote:
But Kite's Data Drain is the same programming as the phases, isn't it? So why wouldn't the protection work both ways...? Unless I'm not understanding something.
The way I see it, Data Drain is only one of the abilities of the Bracelet. The protection it provides to the bearer and their party is a separate ability, one not shared by the Phases.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

There is no difference between Drain Heart and Data Drain, other than Drain Heart being widespread. Also, why would they still be immune after the bracelet was destroyed?

I believe Data Drain used in battle is not canon.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Kite's character data and though of his friends, (perhaps just Balmung and Blackrose, since those are the two that most likely canonically defeat Corbinek with Kite) Mia said once, that Blackrose smelled like the bracelet when Kite was not around (.hack//Another Birth) So to the old owner of it, the protection probably rubbed off on him as well as Balmung and Blackrose.

The difference between Drain Heart and Data Drain are quite different, Drain Heart was Morganna's last attempt to win, therefore the protect break had no reason to be activated, she probably concieved Drain Heart in the games, as a last resort option. Whether it comes down to the player's or her, she would choose her
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Do Kite or Blackrose or anyone else for that matter, ever get data drained in another birth?