manga or the tv series

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

boy123

Post by boy123 »

don yell at me for this but i errr...like the anime better errr....the manga is...just too short ad doesn't get you ummm....excited about whatwill happen next.....the anime....takes time and get you....well at least me excited... :?
.hack Lover

Post by .hack Lover »

im with boy123. the anime gets you exited. but on my haf i like tv. i like to see the anime.to me it more fun. :axe:

dont mind the smilys...there odd that way. :D
Sora of Azure Shadow

Post by Sora of Azure Shadow »

i would have to go with anime
boy123

Post by boy123 »

hooray!!! am not the only one :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
sylph

Post by sylph »

both are different & unique in their own way of presentation; i enjoyed both, for each gave me further insight into "the World" - i like the anime for its comedy & visuals of what "the World" would look like, but for character personality, the manga works better......example, Kamui - i like her persona better in the manga & i also prefer Reki's relationship to Balmung better in the manga.. story-wise, the manga wins ~ perhaps because of the connections with more in the history of .hack// from before..

if i had to choose one (which i'll do in reluctance..), i choose manga - even though the gap in not by much..
Hauken

Post by Hauken »

I'm not sure...

I suppose the manga. I did like the anime, though. That could be credited to
me watching it at school, saving me from boredom.

I think what really makes me like the manga is 'cause of the pages with Mireille
in a swim suit and the other page with her in a neko-maid outfit....

Another thing I liked about the manga, it showed Shugo's desire desire to
become a hero better than the anime did. He kinda used the bracelet a little
too much in the anime.
Aera

Post by Aera »

manga > anime
Surge

Post by Surge »

the manga was better in my opinion as well...the story seemed better in the manga then in the anime
Hauken

Post by Hauken »

XD Surge, that manga scan reminds me of another reason I liked the manga.

Also, I don't think Ouka's breasts drooped as much as they did in the anime.
Twilight Gaiden

Post by Twilight Gaiden »

the manga is better IMO, everyone has their opinions...

i like the manga better because i believe its the true story(it came first).

hooray for ouka

off topic: Hauken good job with the Yugioh GX sig and the Mew Mew combo. I want to see people that look like the Mew Mew girls in real life. Hopefully anime North will make my dreams come true...
Hauken

Post by Hauken »

I would too....I would too...

If I could see girls that look like my beloved Ichigo and then date her...
^______________________________^

Now, back to LotT, one thing I don't like about either anime nor manga is
Mireille's age >.> That's just not fair. Mireille's personality is so cute, you can
imagine my face when I found out how young she was. She's like 4 years old
isn't she? Then again, it is her mother's avatar, so I guess it's okay to like her...
zxadvent

Re: manga or the tv series

Post by zxadvent »

i rather watch the series on tv than read the manga
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

zxadvent wrote:i rather watch the series on tv than read the manga
You do realize that the manga and anime have ENTIRELY different stories right?

And I choose the manga, because it actually felt like a tribute to the .hackers and their efforts to save The World. The anime felt more like a mockery of them, because it portrayed Rena and Shugo as complete morons, and it made me hate them for being look-alikes of Kite and Blackrose. I swear the whole "RENA!!!", "ONI-CHAAN!!!" made me want to get a gun and shoot them. And isn't Aura the god of The World? Why did they make her such a wuss in the anime!?!?!?
Shmittles The Poe

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

The anime basically puts all of .hack to shame, the manga is almost my favorite part of .hack. So, without a doubt, the manga.
Aura's Little Sister

Post by Aura's Little Sister »

I hate the anime.I like it first but that was before I read the manga.No Zefie,rubbish reuse storyplots,too childish!
You do realize that the manga and anime have ENTIRELY different stories right?

And I choose the manga, because it actually felt like a tribute to the .hackers and their efforts to save The World. The anime felt more like a mockery of them, because it portrayed Rena and Shugo as complete morons, and it made me hate them for being look-alikes of Kite and Blackrose. I swear the whole "RENA!!!", "ONI-CHAAN!!!" made me want to get a gun and shoot them. And isn't Aura the god of The World? Why did they make her such a wuss in the anime!?!?!?
Ist point:Yeah, the manga was basiclly the ediloge(sp?) of .hack.The anime basiclly when back to the drawing board and when "OMG COMAS.DA WORLD IN DANGER AGAIN BY 5 PRESCHOOL KIDS AND A UGLY AI WITH NO STORY".
2nd Point:They were pretty much the same in both but I hate that whole "RENA!" "ONI-CHANN!!" thing.It's so annoying
3rd Point:Do those guys that made the anime hate Aura or something?She the god damn Goddess of The World and the Unlimate AI for god's sake!She the reason why .hack//LOT was all peaceful and NO RANDOM COMAS ARE HAPPENING.No...for the sake of they stupid storyline they make her do nothing and made her as useless as a ghost!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

3rd Point:Do those guys that made the anime hate Aura or something?She the god damn Goddess of The World and the Unlimate AI for god's sake!She the reason why .hack//LOT was all peaceful and NO RANDOM COMAS ARE HAPPENING.No...for the sake of they stupid storyline they make her do nothing and made her as useless as a ghost!
Well, the majority of the problems was happening on an alternate server Aura couldn't control, kind've like Morganna and Net Slum, so it was atleast a little justified.

That is until GU proved that Aura controlled THE WHOLE ***** INTERNET. Oops.
Hakumei

Post by Hakumei »

Well, Manga> Anime because Zefie and the GOOD perv scenes were cut out. >_>;
Terejima Ryoko

Post by Terejima Ryoko »

i simply prefered the anime alot more. as different the story lines were. i think that the anime was more well structured.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Terejima Ryoko wrote:i simply prefered the anime alot more. as different the story lines were. i think that the anime was more well structured.
Are you f*cking kidding me?

AT has to choke a ****, doesn't ve?
GB-chan

Post by GB-chan »

It's almost too obvious that manga is MUCH better than that lousy anime! :twisted: Mangas storyline is just better and I think anime just sucks... And I _really_, I mean _REALLY_, hate anime because it makes my lovely Reki-chan look like some kind of stupid traitor!! :axe: