About the mini comic at the end of the manga...

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

Natsume wrote:What about that thing with the cat and um... I think a producer? :? well, what was that about? i didn't quite understand it.
Oh, that?That was probally thrown in for kicks.Espeicaly the second one. :roll:
Nori Maki Misao

Post by Nori Maki Misao »

that "cat" is supposed to be rei izumi...izumi draws him/herself as a kitty...
MireilleChan

Post by MireilleChan »

hm..the other guy is balmung..but i think they made that mini comic at the end to entertain .. probably...but that's just wut i think ... :P
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

In the third comic there is another werid comic with Kite. Although I cant read it because its Japenese.
xeno

Post by xeno »

I think the comics with kite data-draining Balmung are .Hack/G.U
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

the comics aren't supposed to be an allusion to GU or have any plot significance. It's just the artist doing a parody of all the action anime and manga they have like DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho.
xeno

Post by xeno »

AuraTwilight wrote:the comics aren't supposed to be an allusion to GU or have any plot significance. It's just the artist doing a parody of all the action anime and manga they have like DBZ or Yu Yu Hakusho.
then why does it say G.U at the end of the 3rd book of the manga
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It was a last minute adit in the North American edition, because by that time Japan got the idea and told America to put it in their edition to screw around with us. It's called a Red Herring people. Not EVERYTHING is a major spoiler or teaser to a future plotline.
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

AuraTwilight wrote:It was a last minute adit in the North American edition, because by that time Japan got the idea and told America to put it in their edition to screw around with us. It's called a Red Herring people. Not EVERYTHING is a major spoiler or teaser to a future plotline.
Actually the character is Tri-Blade from GU. I think it was an idea that they didn't know was going to be produced but gave a snippet for our interest anyway.
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

AuraTwilight wrote:It was a last minute adit in the North American edition, because by that time Japan got the idea and told America to put it in their edition to screw around with us.
No, it wasn't. I have the Japanese edition, and "GUへ!!" ("to GU!!") is right where it is in the US edition.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

oh. Well, I guess everyone has to be wrong sometimes :P and where'd the name Tri Edge come from?
KillerShadow

Re: About the mini comic at the end of the manga...

Post by KillerShadow »

.hack//ADAM wrote:...that shows Kite (and some other person) fighting. Is that an event from the PS2 game? Also, it looks like Kite went totally evil... howcome? (I know this is a pretty lame queston, but I'm just curious)
it was a small hint towards .Hack//G.U., showing Kite bieng evil, as in the >hack//G.U. trailer
Xalioniaf

Post by Xalioniaf »

It's no hint to G.U., stop saying that. Also, I don't think Rei Izumi drew it. Each one says at the top:
"Super-hot game version, .hack Volume *vol. number* Cyber Connect 2 (Piroshi Matsuyama)
I think that Piroshi Matsuyana drew it, whoever he is.
Cadmus

Post by Cadmus »

from what i gather kite turned evil and balmung tried 2 stop him but was data drained and went on a dramatic rant befor kite finished him off :?
Sumomo

Post by Sumomo »

I don't think that the comic was related to G.U. If you look closely, Kite in the bonus comics and TriEdge have different symbols on their hats. Kite has a symbol that looks like a "U" and TriEdge has a "W". I don't see anything in the bonus comics that says anything about G.U.
Arc

Post by Arc »

cant rule out the possibilty that it was serious foreshadowing.