W.B. Yeats or W.B. Yeates???

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

.hack//idiot

Post by .hack//idiot »

In AI buster Yeats was the poet who also disguised his/her self as a newbie sometimes.

And I think it is stupid to sue because of being offended, unless it is referring to the person. People do anything for money. I was watching some show and they made a comment on catholics and im catholic and I thought it was kinda offensive, but i didnt care i wasnt going to sue them.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

SnowManZero wrote:
Shinsou Wotan wrote:In the real world, William Butler Yeats was an Irish poet and playwright who won the Nobel Prize.

In "The World", W. B. Yeats is a character belonging to Haruka Mizuhara, a player who took the name of her favorite poet for her character's name. She was the one who dubbed Balmung and Orca the "Descendants of Fianna".
so technically i was right and wrong! spoky :twisted:

and i'm not sure that's who your thinking of cless, i think your thinking of kamui but i could also be wrong.
She plays as Hokuto also she is a translator and a very lazy one. I forget her name.
Sirey_MC

Post by Sirey_MC »

SO it's a translation fault that he's named W.B. Yates in Germany?

PS: It's the same here,but we get the good stuff a long time after you guys-.-
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Sirey_MC wrote:SO it's a translation fault that he's named W.B. Yates in Germany?

PS: It's the same here,but we get the good stuff a long time after you guys-.-
Yah Tokyopop doesn't do a good job on translation. I just ignored the typos I encountered the book.
Slayn

Post by Slayn »

Cless wrote:She plays as Hokuto also she is a translator and a very lazy one. I forget her name.
Her name is Haruka, I believe. Translator and lover of books.

Below is the my summarized version of the first 'chapter' of AI Buster 2.
 She meets Alberio through his spear, so to speak. Through further interaction, she begins to learn more about Alberio and develops 'feelings'. In Hidden, Forbidden, Sacred, Lycrosis and Alberio disappear within the church in a flash of light. Shortly after, she debates whether to send him a mail and ends up posting a poem with the subject 'The One Sin'. Within, she dubs Orca of the Azure Sea and Balmung of the Azure Sky as descendents of Fianna.

Also, as I noticed [and it seems many other as well] that the poem is signed by a 'W.B. Yates'. Don't pick on the translators [it's a hidden message in the first 'chapter'].
Amber Flame

Post by Amber Flame »

Cless wrote:Is the information on .Hack//AI Busters true though? It's an assumption so were not really sure the Wavemaster Albeerio meets is the notorious poet. I'm not revealing her name but giving out a little information.
Cless, I believe Alberio is a Pole Arm, not a Wavemaster. Just wanted to correct somebody ><
Gmr Leon

Post by Gmr Leon »

I could swear it was W.B. Yates,and that it was a she.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Amber Flame wrote:
Cless wrote:Is the information on .Hack//AI Busters true though? It's an assumption so were not really sure the Wavemaster Albeerio meets is the notorious poet. I'm not revealing her name but giving out a little information.
Cless, I believe Alberio is a Pole Arm, not a Wavemaster. Just wanted to correct somebody ><
Ah you confuse his meaning, which is why commas are your friend's hehe.

It's an assumption so were not really sure the Wavemaster, Alberio meets is the notorious poet. I'm not revealing her name but giving out a little information.

Does that make a little more sense?