Shugo & Rena

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Access

Post by Access »

Yeah, that's where I got my volume 1. And they released volume 2 a little too early. XD. They're both available there.
Player_Killer_Sora

Post by Player_Killer_Sora »

I feel that a lot of you are right. Shugo isn't in love with his sister (at least not in that way), but he is very attracted to the character avatar that she possesses (Blackrose). So it might be typical for him to look, but other than when he pictures her and Merielle in the costumes there really is no other signs of him wanting her (at least in the manga up to volume 2). Anyways, thats how I feel about it at least.

Also, I do agree that for brother and sister they are a little too close. However, if anyone has a problem its Rena. She totally spazzes about how much time he spends with the AI character Zeffie. But once again thats just my opinion and I could be wrong.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

I can understand that Shugo likes Rena's avatar, but since it IS his sister, I don't think he should think about it in a sexual way. I find that creepy.
Player_Killer_Sora

I agree, sister or not he is still being a pervert. But especially since it is his sister thats just wrong....
Player_Killer_Sora

You would think so, but apparently not. However, some of his actions can be explained by just realizing that he could just be protecting her. Like when he beats the crap out of Komiyama. I feel that he is just doing his part as being her brother, but the other times like when he fantasizes about her isn't right.
Mia

Post by Mia »

Not exactly..the creators are Not running out of ideas for the character's mind.
They are trying to show as much to the audience,of what the character thinks,sees,reacts,etc.Shugo is still young,and still learning,so he pretty much is confused on what to say or think.That's normal for someone like him,he does stick to the fact of protecting his sister,but fantasizing is just another common thing for boys,even though that is his sister behind the avatar,that idea tends to slip and he just pictures "Ahh..a hot chic infront of me".
Lady Subaru

Post by Lady Subaru »

I agree with Balmung_of_the_Azure_Sky! Shugo is still a 14 year old boy, so eventually he'll learn more when he grows up. :wink:
dellbrow

Post by dellbrow »

I dont like reading so I watch .hack I think Shugo is kinda perverted.
LLX

Post by LLX »

Note 1: im net flixing the anime and have not read the manga

note 2: I minored in psychology in college

note 3: i am the typo king

note 4: there is no note 4

Note 5: See Note 4.

Ive seen the first 2 vols.

Now heres how i see it...

Shugi seems to be rather confused hes got this hot chick who looks nothing like his sis, that makes him umcomfortable but ya hormones.

It seems to me that the contenst avatars arent just physical but also mental for it seem data draning cuases Rena personality to become Black Rose, shes even had moment when she broke out of her trance confused
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Well...Shugo is quite a pervert in the manga and the anime (such is signature shugo.) Anyways, he never seems to get into to bad of a mess until Komiyama gets involved anyway. I think that Shugo has that pervertedness either way.
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

why r u even talking about this" Boys when they are young tend to be controlled by their horomones" u got tooooooooo off topic there :shock:
dothacker569

Post by dothacker569 »

Shugo and rena are the best, i would kill for renas sword though :twisted:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It seems to me that the contenst avatars arent just physical but also mental for it seem data draning cuases Rena personality to become Black Rose, shes even had moment when she broke out of her trance confused
It's not Black Rose's personality. It's just the effects of a status effect called Charm, that usually makes your character fall in love with an enemy or some other character and basically aid them in combat. This is just a more literal interpretation of the charm instead of having "Rena hugs Shugo. +1 Hug Damage Delt."
dothacker569

Post by dothacker569 »

Shugo and rena are the best! 8) :!:
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Oh, great. Another one.