Kamui

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Subaru

Post by Subaru »

I'm told she's quite a b****.  Supposedly she slept with Reki to get back at Balmung? Tell me that isn't evil.. And plus.. she must be pretty stuck in her ways to sleep with Reki instead of Balmung. :P (actually it might've not been that, she might've just flirted or went out with Reki, unless something really did happen offline and like.. yeah.. do we even know where the three of them live? I wonder if her and Balmung's relationship was solely online...
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Subaru wrote:I'm told she's quite a b****.  Supposedly she slept with Reki to get back at Balmung? Tell me that isn't evil.. And plus.. she must be pretty stuck in her ways to sleep with Reki instead of Balmung. :P (actually it might've not been that, she might've just flirted or went out with Reki, unless something really did happen offline and like.. yeah.. do we even know where the three of them live? I wonder if her and Balmung's relationship was solely online...
Holy jeebus. That's positively cruel.
 It sounds just like something she would do, but I don't know if Reki would be so callous as to do such a thing. He seems like a generally nice guy (if a little authoritative) but he also gets along with Balmung alright. Even if they aren't good friends, they still work together a lot and that would do some damage to their working relationship.

Balmung is too passionate about things to have a relationship solely online, IMO. It may have started that way but they must've seen eachother face to face at some point. He still cares about her somewhat (it's in volume one). She must have cared about him somewhat, if she was vengeful enough to try and seduce his coworker.

Maybe that's part of why Balmung's so deflated now, aside from how the events of the games affected him.
Access

Post by Access »

Poor B. ;__;
Mia

Post by Mia »

.... -sweatdrop-
"I think your confusing reality with the game world"-Ouka.

I doubt you could call it "sleep with" in an online game,mind you.
Kamui broke up with Balmung..for..who knows,they never really explain it.
She goes after Reki,I guess because he is like the second to go after.
Mainly Kamui could careless if she is with Reki or Balmung,she only cares about power and control,while purifying The World of any errors and hackers.
I think she just broke up with Balmung because he cared more about the players and having fun,instead of worrying about the business or what of CCorp thinks.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

If she was with Balmung for the power trip, then she probably wouldn't have noticed if he cared. And she probably went after Reki just for the sake of rubbing things in Balmung's face.
Mia

Post by Mia »

Yup..that's what she did,with Reki I mean.I forgot about that..
since Balmung doesnt have a happy look on his face when he first finds out.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Did Reki actually go out with her at all? Or did she offer and he turned her down?
Access

Post by Access »

The plot thickens...

This sounds like a bad .hack//SOAP OPERA. XD
Mia

Post by Mia »

I'm guessing they were with each for some time now,I think Kamui just went up to Reki first.And they just..hooked up from then on.They never said "how" long they were together,since Balmung never knew,and Reki..well he sure isnt telling him,hehe.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

At least Reki isn't saying much... but OUCH. That's happened to me before. Poor Balmung... :evil:

I need to see if one of the Waldenbooks in the area has put it on the shelves yet. I need to see how much of my respect for Reki goes down the drain. :roll:
Mia

Post by Mia »

Well the Reki in the manga,is better,in my opinion.It doesnt seem like he is going out with Kamui..from the looks of it.
Subaru

Post by Subaru »

>.> Even though by now Solaris you don't seem so skeptical about Reki's betraying Balmung (or do you?) to clarify I did read on a Reki profile that he and Balmung were good friends (or something) but he does end up betraying him.

I don't think Kamui's the right chick for Balmung.. if she was with him due to power then.. yeah.. Balmung is the kind of guy for deep down security and sincerity. Kamui is kinda heartless.

Who agrees with me that Terajima Ryoko would be good for Balmung?! ::waves a banner::

She's cheerful. And they match. ;.; They might offset one another.. ;-;

(More biased opinions brought to you by Subie)
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Well I got Vol. 2 today and I hate that *edited by Silvermane's wolf Muffles* She's EVIL!!!!!!!!! :evil: I hope Shugo and the others PK her in the next Vol.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

I'm still slightly skeptical, since I thought Reki would be a bit more morally grounded than that, but if it happened it happened. :?

I agree, Kamui and Balmung aren't really a good match. Kamui would probably be searching for someone she can walk all over, and Balmung is not really suited to that.

Ryoko might work for him, depending on how old he actually is (I don't know if that's actually been mentioned yet). But the whole angel thing would be rather cute. (And they work rather nicely when I have them in my party). She certainly wouldn't cause as much emotional damage.

(I like psychoanalysis way too much...)
Access

Post by Access »

Didn't it say in a liminality DVD extra that PKing was disallowed in newer versions of The World that were upgraded after the events of //SIGN?

o___o; And besides, I doubt Shugo or anyone of the bunch would PK.

As for Balmung, someone that would suit him more...Gardenia, possibly? She seems the quiet huffy type. Welcome to Balmung. XD
Subaru

Post by Subaru »

I don't think Gardenia and Balmung would be very romantically attracted.. She's too much like Kamui; she's just not heartless.

However I do think she and Balmung would be able to have many an intelligent conversation together..
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

I don't think Gardenia would want to spend time in a relationship with anyone. ^_^; But yes, she and Balmung would definitely get into interesting deep conversations. Gardenia is sort of like Kamui, but I think Kamui might just irritate the heck out of her. Balmung needs someone who doesn't need to be fawned over, but will keep his ego balanced.
Subaru

Post by Subaru »

solarismagnum wrote:Balmung needs someone who doesn't need to be fawned over, but will keep his ego balanced.
Which is exactly why I suggest Terajima Ryoko. ^_^

She's cheerful, and would most likely be able to keep Balmung happy as well.. But she's also not a bimbo (she was merely lost in the beginning; if anyone takes that as a sign of being stupid recheck your logic. It's a game and she was very new, it happens.). She can be rather naive and unknowing, that's where Balmung's power and knowledge would come into play..
She's very gentle and is probably compassionate enough. She's not stupid, though she doesn't seem too contemplative, if you know what I mean..
Access

Post by Access »

Can you imagine Balmung and Mistral? ::shudder::
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

Dunno if they'd work since  Mistral has a baby, so that might mean she already has someone. It hurts my brain nonetheless.