Who likes this anime?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Guardian Ubiquitous

Post by Guardian Ubiquitous »

I found the LotT Anime inferior to the Manga.

I really didn't like it that much: the humor was bland, it didn't follow an actual storyline(it just seemed to jump around), and the animation was too 'cute' for Project Dot Hack's serious theme...

I would have been better if it wasn't chibified and if it followed the storyline of the Manga.
saiato

Post by saiato »

Meh, I thought it was kinda cute, but I still dont think it was very good. It seemed very pointless and didn't really follow any plot. Plus I was very dissatisfied with the ending.

They're like "ohhh it's the final battle time!" then they roll the ending credits and you're like..."what? where?" That bothered me

However I liked the manga a lot. It had some really neat stuff in it and actually had a real ending and followed a real plot.
Guardian Ubiquitous

Post by Guardian Ubiquitous »

saiato wrote:Meh, I thought it was kinda cute, but I still dont think it was very good. It seemed very pointless and didn't really follow any plot. Plus I was very dissatisfied with the ending.

They're like "ohhh it's the final battle time!" then they roll the ending credits and you're like..."what? where?" That bothered me

However I liked the manga a lot. It had some really neat stuff in it and actually had a real ending and followed a real plot.
I know, the ending was just so sudden and really didn't conclude anything. Not to mention it was corny.

The manga on the other had a better ending that brought the story to a close.

What I really hate about the LotT anime, however, is the fact that some people can't get through their heads that the anime is not cannon to the .hack series, the manga is. They keep trying to make connections from the anime to future titles. :evil:
MegaDaffy

Post by MegaDaffy »

I thought the Anime and Manga were both good. Because they were both very funny and both had their "nice" moments as well. :D
Zeo

Post by Zeo »

i like it it makes rena look hot
littleclimpa

Post by littleclimpa »

I watched it because it was .hack but the incest parts put me off abit. I liked the mangas more than the anime.
the_real_Kite

Post by the_real_Kite »

i dont really like the .Dot Hack//legend of the twilight show but i do like the books
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

I liked the music... not much like the rest of the series, but still good. The one thing I couldn't stand more than any other thing there wasn't the chibi-look or the lack of direction, it was just the horrible writing. I'm not sure why they called it a romantic comedy... I didn't find it funny at all. A little goofy, but not funny. And it seemed sort of like there was romance between Shugo and Rena in the show, as well as Kamui and Balmung  and Reki too. :P But in the manga... was Aura, the one Shugo had a crush on the thing that made it romantic? Or Zefi thinking of him as an older brother? I don't know. Oh well. If they didn't try to be so funny and worked on their scripts more it would have been better. :)
superspork

Post by superspork »

I think it's okay. It's cute and the humor is nice. The Shuugo and Rena moments really put me off, though.
DärkwºLf²

Post by DärkwºLf² »

I don't like it because Balmung looks less cool.
-Kite

Post by -Kite »

the_real_Kite wrote:i dont really like the .Dot Hack//legend of the twilight show but i do like the books
what he said, i liked the books also i have all three of the twilight book series, anyways im gonna try and watch a couple of twilight braclet episodes i'll try watching it again. maybe i'll change my mind. But i Doubt it... seriously. 8) :)
Andremo

Post by Andremo »

I think the show's alright, but not as good as "Sign" or "Liminalty" so I'll stick with the manga, but collect the DVD's.
BlueHero

Post by BlueHero »

never liked the show manga very good though they cut wiseman out of the show how lame
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Some good things and bad things about Legend of the Twilight

Post by Cless »

I enjoyed watching it. I really didn't mind the cartoonish look and feel of that version. The good tings about version was seeing characters from .Hack//Sign. The plot made sense because it seems the world is still infected but is't incubating.
bigjoecool
Location: Root Town Brew City (Milwaukee, WI) Keywords: Stumbling Drunkass Eastsider

Post by bigjoecool »

Maromi wrote:I thought it was decent, but I thought there was a blatent and annoying use of ShugoxRena incest throughout the entire anime. I did enjoy seeing more of Balmung, however.
Yeah I just started watching it and the ShugoxRena thing was one of the first things that I thought were really weird. I guess Japanese humor is just something else. But we all know that. Also, I think Shugo is just digging Reno's PC (Blackrose's) body and not thinking about his sister who's controlling it. LOT has been my favorite thing to watch when I lay down to go to sleep at night for the past week or so. It always makes me dream of "The World".
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

This thread'll be two years old in July. In the future, just make a new one. :p