Is the anime worth watching?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Tack
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:10 am

Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Tack » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 pm

It's a different storyline then the manga, yes. But even so is it worth watching?

User avatar
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin
Posts: 6587
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:47 pm
Location: The Edge of Madness
Contact:

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby TheSorrow » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 am

Yes if you want to see funny animated scenes, silly-looking drawings, and Ouka's bouncing boobs. And also if you want to have a few laughs without really caring about what's happening in the story. Otherwise, no.

It's seriously just for laughs and for watching something to pass the time on, and maybe to later claim you've indeed watched all the .Hack anime series so far. Nothing to "learn" about it, or let your mind think about what's going on and figure out how it connects with the other series.

User avatar
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!
Posts: 8032
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:03 pm

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 am

It's also repetitive and full of plot holes, so if you can get past that, go for it, I guess. The manga is what's "canonical" to the .hack saga, so you're not really missing anything if you haven't seen it yet.

User avatar
Tolby
Posts: 937
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:42 am

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Tolby » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 am

Only if you

1. Are a completionist.

2. Have horrible taste in anime.

3. Want to understand why most people cringe at it.



Edit: V I do love Emerald Green.
Last edited by Tolby on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kuukai » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:08 am

Uhhh... Emerald Green's a good song.

Well, in seriousness, it has a lot of extra characters, and it does tell another story. If you need more .hack, it's a place to look, and at least it doesn't have a dinosaur. Interestingly enough Morti, the token AI, is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto, who voices Aura and Cubia.

User avatar
sun king
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: with my father in heaven.

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby sun king » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:17 pm

Uh to me maybe it might be as useless as a pea shooter in a gun fight
Sign: FAMAS
G.U: M60
Legend of the twilight: pea shooter

User avatar
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece
Posts: 2734
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:55 pm
Location: In the creator's chamber of the second epitaph.

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Helbaworshipper » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:23 pm

The story is similar the manga only up to the Tanabata event. Even though the Mori story is interesting... I personally don't like the change. Also, Kamui's voice actor sounds too manly in the dub, though that may not matter.

User avatar
coslink
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:09 am

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby coslink » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 pm

Just be sure to put up with:
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA
REENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And don't exect an emotional or toughing anime like SIGN,

.hack//LOTT is short and colourful, with a, rather non impacting to the .hack//saga storyline, feel to it.

User avatar
-A-
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 am
Location: Anywhere symmetrical in "The World"

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby -A- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:27 am

coslink wrote:Just be sure to put up with:
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA
REENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And don't exect an emotional or toughing anime like SIGN,

.hack//LOTT is short and colourful, with a, rather non impacting to the .hack//saga storyline, feel to it.




hell yesh anime is worth watching without .hack//SIGN i wouldnt be where i am today...
a .hack fan thats what got me started with anime

User avatar
hidora
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Manaus, AM, Brazil

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby hidora » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:44 pm

-A- wrote:
coslink wrote:Just be sure to put up with:
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA
REENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And don't exect an emotional or toughing anime like SIGN,

.hack//LOTT is short and colourful, with a, rather non impacting to the .hack//saga storyline, feel to it.




hell yesh anime is worth watching without .hack//SIGN i wouldnt be where i am today...
a .hack fan thats what got me started with anime

Dude, the question was if the LotT anime is worth watching, not Sign =P

User avatar
-A-
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:03 am
Location: Anywhere symmetrical in "The World"

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby -A- » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:14 pm

hidora wrote:
-A- wrote:
coslink wrote:Just be sure to put up with:
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA
REENNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And don't exect an emotional or toughing anime like SIGN,

.hack//LOTT is short and colourful, with a, rather non impacting to the .hack//saga storyline, feel to it.




hell yesh anime is worth watching without .hack//SIGN i wouldnt be where i am today...
a .hack fan thats what got me started with anime

Dude, the question was if the LotT anime is worth watching, not Sign =P






uhhhh well i didnt like the first 3 ep's but it got better after a while so yea ill watch it anyday now but i got 2 of the DvD's

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: -Wherever I go, there I am.-

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kaori » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:18 am

I personally hate it due to how inconsistent it was with the manga, so I guess its NOT worth watching. :p

User avatar
S1lentOp
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:35 pm

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby S1lentOp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:57 pm

This one is clearly the greatest of the .hack// anime and you should definitely watch it. I mean just look at it. Look at it.

Image

If that doesn't just scream quality then I don't know what does. You're going to love this show, especially if you've already seen .hack//SIGN.

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: -Wherever I go, there I am.-

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kaori » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:44 am

S1lentOp wrote:This one is clearly the greatest of the .hack// anime and you should definitely watch it. I mean just look at it. Look at it.

Image

If that doesn't just scream quality then I don't know what does. You're going to love this show, especially if you've already seen .hack//SIGN.


(sigh) I really do hate it because the story is nil and I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up and that sounds totally gross, plus I dont like the ending theme emerald green either, flowing destiny from Z.O.E sounds way better than it, and just by looking at it I conclude that IT WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS .HACK//SIGN. :p

User avatar
N3IWVC
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 8:33 pm

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby N3IWVC » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:55 am

Kaori wrote:I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up

I'm surprised it took this long before someone mentioned that.

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: -Wherever I go, there I am.-

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kaori » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:28 am

N3IWVC wrote:
Kaori wrote:I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up

I'm surprised it took this long before someone mentioned that.


Wasnt it obvious already? It's probably the distance from their parents that lead them to having a rather unhealthy attachment to each other, plus I think Twincest is gross.

User avatar
N3IWVC
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 8:33 pm

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby N3IWVC » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:23 am

Kaori wrote:
N3IWVC wrote:
Kaori wrote:I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up

I'm surprised it took this long before someone mentioned that.


Wasnt it obvious already? It's probably the distance from their parents that lead them to having a rather unhealthy attachment to each other, plus I think Twincest is gross.

Yes it was obvious. That's why I was surprised it took this long. I was going to post about it myself some time ago but felt it'd be more interesting to see how long before someone else does.

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: -Wherever I go, there I am.-

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kaori » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:11 am

N3IWVC wrote:
Kaori wrote:
N3IWVC wrote:
Kaori wrote:I think they just gave shugo a sister complex just to spice things up

I'm surprised it took this long before someone mentioned that.


Wasnt it obvious already? It's probably the distance from their parents that lead them to having a rather unhealthy attachment to each other, plus I think Twincest is gross.

Yes it was obvious. That's why I was surprised it took this long. I was going to post about it myself some time ago but felt it'd be more interesting to see how long before someone else does.

Gee could've saved me the time of posting it then, even after I watched the end the show left me feeling emptier than a corpse.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kuukai » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:48 am

For the record, Emerald Green is probably the only thing in the entire show actually created by someone who worked on any other .hack, and in this case it was even Yuki Kajiura.

Oh wait, I think Sanjuro's voice might be the same voiceactor. But otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's it. The writing, character designs, etc., were all indirectly connected to the manga and done by new people.

User avatar
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am
Location: -Wherever I go, there I am.-

Re: Is the anime worth watching?

Postby Kaori » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:24 am

Kuukai wrote:For the record, Emerald Green is probably the only thing in the entire show actually created by someone who worked on any other .hack, and in this case it was even Yuki Kajiura.

Oh wait, I think Sanjuro's voice might be the same voiceactor. But otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's it. The writing, character designs, etc., were all indirectly connected to the manga and done by new people.


I still dont like emerald green, and BTW what is hotaru's real gender?! Thats a mystery thats been making my head hurt for a long time already!


Return to “//Legend of The Twilight”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users