Proof of hotarus Class

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Hybrid Zero

Proof of hotarus Class

Post by Hybrid Zero »

She is Definantly a wavemaster/Spell-user for proof look just before the character page of issue 1 of the english Manga there is a pic of her holding a staff
DS Kite

Post by DS Kite »

Plus you could tell when Mireille gave Hotaru the staff of Timidy which is a wavemaster weapon.
Hybrid Zero

Post by Hybrid Zero »

Xactly
MasterKite
Location: Trying to master the art of walking on water..so far..unsuccessful

Post by MasterKite »

Also it is also said in the anime I think in episode 3. Also since she doesn't have any weapon and uses potions and spells its safe to assume she is a wavemaster.
Kite_of_the_Twilight

Post by Kite_of_the_Twilight »

According to the GameFAQs user "Souten no Balmung," wh owns the .hack://ANALYSIS book, Hotaru could be a Tarot Master, which is a new class from an update to "The World," like Werewolf. When a player reaches Lv. 99, they are given the option to start over as a new class, which include Werewolf, Fighter, Samurai, and Tarot Master. Hotaru could have been given someone else's account.
OmegaX123

Post by OmegaX123 »

I don't trust anyone at GameFAQs anymore, especially when they post things like 'I got this information from a book that most/all of you can't possibly read, due to it being in *insert language*'. I mean, the fiasco over Eileen's name in Silent Hill 4, for one thing....
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Kite_of_the_Twilight wrote:According to the GameFAQs user "Souten no Balmung," wh owns the .hack://ANALYSIS book, Hotaru could be a Tarot Master, which is a new class from an update to "The World," like Werewolf. When a player reaches Lv. 99, they are given the option to start over as a new class, which include Werewolf, Fighter, Samurai, and Tarot Master. Hotaru could have been given someone else's account.
That user seems to be pulling that information out of his ass, since he certainly didn't get it from .hack//analysis. The only new class mentioned in there is the Fighter class (Werewolf is a subclass of Fighter, enabled by obtaining some item), and it clearly states Hotaru's class as wavemaster.
DayBreak

Post by DayBreak »

Souten no Balmung is a good friend of mine...
He is right.
However you may pick that class when you first start in that time of .hack.

You get (I guess depending on level)
,when you start I know it said you get 33% off )
cheaper items and charms, cards, etc.

I cant remember where I read it....
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

I mean no insult to your friend, but unless he can provide the exact source for this information (for instance, book and page number), I have no choice but to consider it false, and to continue to denounce it as such wherever I encounter it. I have examined my sources, including but not limited to .hack//analysis, and have found no sign of anything even close to what he claims.
Xalioniaf

Post by Xalioniaf »

also, think about it. Ouka mentions nothing about being a class before becomming a fighter, then wearwolf, so we can assume that the fighter class isn't part of whatever lv. 99 thing he was talking about.

Logic. It works.
Pika-chan Ryu

Post by Pika-chan Ryu »

I believe the only expansion pack classes were Fighters and Werewolfs... but anyway... ^^;;

Hotaru is definatly a Wavemaster. *nod nod* She uses a staff, and she's dressed like one, too. Sure, it's possible maybe another class looks like that, but... yeah.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hotaru is a Wavemaster, everyone knows that. Big surpise. The Tarot Master thing is a sack of bull, since nothing in the manga so much as hints to that, and the scrolls she uses are items any player in the world can use, find, buy sell etc. Even SHUGO uses them. You can use them in the GAMES. Plus, Hotaru did not inherit her account from someone else, otherwise Hotaru would have no problem fighting monsters, and she's obviously too weak to defeat them since she got trounced. Yes I know, she's a pacifist, but she proved in the manga that she knows the differemce between pacisifism and being a push-over. She fights back when she has to.
Kite_of_the_Twilight

Post by Kite_of_the_Twilight »

It isn't that no-one but the Tarot Master can use Scrolls aka Tarot Cards, but the Tarot Master specializes in scrolls and gets a discount on items, which increases with their level.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Yeah, that's what you and Daybreak said earlier. The thing is, neither of you have any evidence of this. I think it's just a crazy rumor that spread from somewhere.=D
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, even still it's a stupid class. So they're ordinary Wavemasters (Hotaru cast normal spells) who get a discount on a special sort of item that isn't even in stores? >_> Alrighty. Not enough to justify a seperate class. A class in an MMORPG would require an entirely different mode of battle like a Blademaster, Werewolf Melee, and a Wavemaster.
OmegaX123

Post by OmegaX123 »

AuraTwilight wrote:a special sort of item that isn't even in stores
Poster you're replying to said items in general, and that the discound increases with their level. Still don't believe in "Tarot Master" class, but just correcting that small thing.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well if the discount goes up with the level, then the class messes up the economy. a class is getting items at a cheaper price than everyone else, and it gets cheaper and cheaper as they get more powerful. By the time they've leveled enough to afford the rarer items, It only costs as much as a cheap potion. Then they can sell them to other players and make a ridiculous profit. It's even more unbalanced than the Bracelet >.<
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

New classes?

Post by Cless »

It be interested if those classes existed but Hotaru is a wavemaster. In one of the volumes of the manga She explains that she uses Tarot Cards to get the grunty food to feed to her grunty without engaging any monster. She considers the monsters in the world real even though they are bits of code or something like that.
Cellos-CBK

Re: New classes?

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Cless wrote:It be interested if those classes existed but Hotaru is a wavemaster. In one of the volumes of the manga She explains that she uses Tarot Cards to get the grunty food to feed to her grunty without engaging any monster. She considers the monsters in the world real even though they are bits of code or something like that.
So is she like a MONSTER"S RIGHTs ACTIVIST OR SOME THING
barnabat

Post by barnabat »

Er..in a way. Her pacifism and non-violent attitude in general is her defining character trait.