.hack//DUSK vol.3

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Do you have vol. 3?

Yes.
68%
no.
32%
i'm pre-ordering it now.
No votes

Total votes: 19

Rena-Chan

.hack//DUSK vol.3

Post by Rena-Chan »

I'm so happy... it's da bestest... i read it about 2 times already.... and ummm i wanna tel u to pre-order it... cause it won't come in until like later if you don't ((that's the case for most Book stores)). I've got it and iv'e read both side stories... i like the "ending" though:

Shugo kissed by Zeffie and Aura. Rena gets mad and on the same page there are teh words "THE WORLD doesn't need an ending!" and rena slaps/punches shugo.... and then there's a little fight.
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Pre-order? Didn't it come out in shops last Tuesday? I got mine two weeks ago, yay. :)

Only thing I can't stand about it is the way Tokyopop suddenly decided to put a big red and white logo at the top of the spine, so the spines volume 1 and 2 match, but volume 3 is different. Same for PlanetES.
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Belthazar wrote:Pre-order? Didn't it come out in shops last Tuesday? I got mine two weeks ago, yay. :)

Only thing I can't stand about it is the way Tokyopop suddenly decided to put a big red and white logo at the top of the spine, so the spines volume 1 and 2 match, but volume 3 is different. Same for PlanetES.

Oh Im glad Im not the only one mad about that. It really ticks me off that they did that on all of thier books. God, they're trying to make everyone mad.
Ace Flyheight

Post by Ace Flyheight »

I like the 3rd volume as well.I guess that you can tell that I have it.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

very good manga ^^, I'm glad it is better than the anime.
MireilleChan

Post by MireilleChan »

Sweet. Just got my english copy yesterday. ^_^
Yea i liked it alot.
It's funny, sad, and just plain good.
I'm reading it again right now too. XD lol
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I really liked the Japhanese version better for some reason though, considering I have all three of the mangas in english and Japahenese...I feel happier that I can see the difference. The original always seems better.
Subaru

Post by Subaru »

I stole my friend's.

You don't have an option on the poll for that. ):
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

well, i didn't expect anyone to steal it to read it..... i mean i lend meh copy to friends.... ((dunno why... 1 friend can ask her perents to buy it fer her... & I HAVE TO EARN MEH OWN MONEY (sorta) TO BUY MANGa! >.<)) i don't get y they just don't go out and but it >.< feh, but dat's meh..... thinking.... sorta.
Thalandor46

Post by Thalandor46 »

Ok, just finished it. I enjoyed it, and I cant help but wonder why the hell they changed the anime. The ending was a bit disapointing though. I was still waiting for something to happen, and it just ended with "Oh, Aura wanted to experience being a mother and that was the whole point of the quest". But still, well worth it. And here I thought the anime was nostalgic (and not much else). The manga blew it away. I loved the random appearances of the game characters, especially Mistrall. Love that concept. They probably couldve done more with it though. Example: Balmung mentions the "master of Net Slum", obviously refering to Helba (and if he wasnt, then something is seriously wrong), but all we see of her is an email. And I dont think Kazu should have been one of the guest appearances. He's not recognizeable enough. Until it said who he was, it was driving me nuts trying to figure it out. And on that note, I find it very odd that it doesnt look like the translators ever played the games. Stuff like calling Kazu "Kaz" and screwing up Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground pissed me off. But I digress. I cant help but **** and complain about things like that. Besides these little things, I really enjoyed it. Overall: 9/10
Nori Maki Misao

Post by Nori Maki Misao »

I LOVE IT!
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

I own it and I like it. Thalandor46 makes some good points:  I agree that Kazu should not have been one of the cameo appearances. I was trying to figure out who he was, too ^_^;;

And about the translators not playing the games (thus screwing up what they did) - you really can't expect much, unfortunately. The translations were done by that horrible company called TokyoPop *shudder*
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

Die TokyoPop DIE!!!

But I agree with helb the Japanese version is way better than the english.