I'm bored.

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

Are you bored?

Yes.
No votes
No.
No votes
For the love of god yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
50%
No. I have a life.
50%

Total votes: 2

TSGOTF

I'm bored.

Post by TSGOTF »

So here's what other people think about LotT:

.hack//Legend of the Twilight is a very, very special manga. You know why it's so special? It holds the esteemed distinction of being the only series to ever put me to sleep. Okay, so maybe it was the noontime sunlight or the comfy sofa, but fictional otherworldly adventures should not be knocking me unconscious! On paper, the .hack concept sounds so promising—online RPG gamers uncovering the secrets of a mysterious world—until you realize, upon reading it, that watching online gamers screw around is as boring as hell. And this was before the big World of Warcraft boom, so it's not like I was approaching the series with a reactionary anti-MMO mentality or anything. It's just plain bad.

Two siblings win a pair of custom/rare/legendary/whatever character avatars, and then they go into The World (yeah, now THERE's an original name for an online realm) and engage in monster-slaying adventures while wearing Square-Enix reject-pile outfits. Then I think something important happens. I don't remember because I fell asleep halfway through, stopped caring, but eventually finished the volume anyway. The storytelling is generic beyond generic, and the characters have zero appeal. And don't tell me I need to have watched/read/played/dishwashed the 20 billion other .hack tie-in products first. When I read Volume 1 of something, I expect to understand it right away because it's Volume 1. Instead I got this worthless incomprehensible junk. And for that, Legend of the Twilight fails. It fails ... massively.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You should talk, Wander.

Breakin' the lawl.