no
15%
don't care
15%

Total votes: 27

renco

odd start

Post by renco »

when i got into . hack it was right at the biggining of it the only thing was that i thought it was half way over due to how they assumed that you knew all of the charactors when i didn't so i was lost for the biggining but recently cid showed me that i did see the beggining
so how many people were like me
Orion

Post by Orion »

Ironically, the very first episode I watched of Sign was the last episode. o____o I figured that out a few weeks after I watched it lmfao. I really had no clue what was going on :V
Zakya

Post by Zakya »

I was sorta like you, except i thought tsukasa was a bad guy. I think the first episode I ever saw was called "bounty" Tsukasa was fighting those 5 female long arms, from that i was really confused...
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

I played the game first,actually..
But I played it just for fun,and I didn't care about the story.

Then,one day I saw the 2nd episode of .hack,
I saw B.T. got Pk'ed by Sora and I figured out that Tsukasa is stuck in the game,

A story inside an MMORPG? I thought, "nothing can be better then this" !!,
so I immediately bought the DVD !!
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

Zakya wrote:I was sorta like you, except i thought tsukasa was a bad guy. I think the first episode I ever saw was called "bounty" Tsukasa was fighting those 5 female long arms, from that i was really confused...
xD That's the first episode I saw too!

I thought Tsukasa was some prince charming or something though, because Mimiru was all talking about how she wanted to talk to him or something. I didn't even know that the whole story was taking place inside a game xD

Well after they stopped airing //Sign I forgot all about .hack until I saw //Lottb. Then I discovered that there was a game and bought it out of boredom and soon got hooked ^^;;
Suyo

Post by Suyo »

Am I the only one who'se seen the first episode first (and knew it was the first)? ._.

the beginning was fabulous
in the first 30 seconds, you're already asking questions >< "wtf is that on the ground? looks disgusting! why is he on the ground? did someone attack him? omg neat wand! treasure chest? what's inside? omg look at that girl, who is she?" >_>;;
im bored XD

but yah, it was a good way to begin the series (i think, anyway) ._.;
Twilight Rose

Post by Twilight Rose »

My start was great...

Game (Vol1,vol2)(Liminality) , SIGN, Game(vol3, vol4) (Liminality), .hack//LoT (Anime), .hack//LoT (Manga), .Hack//AI Buster 1 (Novel), .Hack//Roots, .Hack//AI Buster 2 (Novel), .Hack//GU 1.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

horrbile starting, it made no sense, the hole show dident make sence until like this year when i went on wiki. I dident untderstand anyuthing about .hack until this year.
T'Orlyn

Post by T'Orlyn »

Suyo wrote:Am I the only one who'se seen the first episode first (and knew it was the first)? ._.

in the first 30 seconds, you're already asking questions >< "wtf is that on the ground? looks disgusting! why is he on the ground? did someone attack him? omg neat wand! treasure chest? what's inside? omg look at that girl, who is she?" >_>;;
im bored XD

I saw the first episode first as well :3
I got to see it when it first went on Cartoon Network.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

T'Orlyn wrote:
Suyo wrote:Am I the only one who'se seen the first episode first (and knew it was the first)? ._.

im bored XD

Same. I saw .hack//SIGN for the first time on Cartoon Network. I had no idea what it was about, and honestly I can't remember what it was that made me go out and buy the DVDs... Anyways, I'm glad I did. lol

The only thing weird about the beginning was that I didn't get what was going on. Like I said, I had no idea what it was about and I only saw Episodes 1, 3, and 7 I think on television.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

S1lentOp wrote:
T'Orlyn wrote:

im bored XD

Same. I saw .hack//SIGN for the first time on Cartoon Network. I had no idea what it was about, and honestly I can't remember what it was that made me go out and buy the DVDs... Anyways, I'm glad I did. lol

The only thing weird about the beginning was that I didn't get what was going on. Like I said, I had no idea what it was about and I only saw Episodes 1, 3, and 7 I think on television.
Yeah, I first saw .hack//SIGN on CN as well, and it too was the first episode. But, back then I wasn't able to see it all on CN, and it was also too confusing for me at the time. Of course, now I love it. v^.^
mastergods

Post by mastergods »

My start into "the world" All thanks to the first .hack game. I thought a lot about buying it but I was not sure. Then I saw "bounty" on CN as A promo for the game and I had to get it. Now I am hooked.

Was I the only one that thought tsukasa WAS a girl the first time Saw her? But then again I thought Elk was a she as well.
Azalan

Post by Azalan »

well I first learned about dot.hack when my freind role-played as kite in one of our rps we did once. He used data-drain and I thouhgt i pwned so I went home to google it to see what I could learn, but I could not find much. But like was on my side because I saw dot.hack legends and from then on, I was hooked on dot.hack. I liked the begininng of sign. It was pretty cool.
A

Post by A »

My first was the 5th episode of .hack//SIGN. My first anime. I had only read some manga. I was so excited that I was smiling like crazy XD I couldn´t stop smiling! Well I didn´t understand much but it got me hooked. And I thougth the opening was in japanese too.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Gardenia wrote:I played the game first,actually..
But I played it just for fun,and I didn't care about the story.

Then,one day I saw the 2nd episode of .hack,
I saw B.T. got Pk'ed by Sora and I figured out that Tsukasa is stuck in the game,

A story inside an MMORPG? I thought, "nothing can be better then this" !!,
so I immediately bought the DVD !!

Yeah, those were my thoughts as well.
skieth111

Post by skieth111 »

when i saw sign it was at some park where this guy had some strange like yellow blob creature behind him and it went after one of his friends.
I'm sorry to say this but i didn't know what was going on either.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

It wasn't that bad.
Darkmetrau
Tomorrow's Poet
Tomorrow's Poet

Post by Darkmetrau »

i think they should of put more effort in the first episode if u ask me if felt like it was half way threw something all we see is the wavemaster waking up in the world with no explanation till the middle of the sign anime
shinku

Post by shinku »

I thought it was good, it was a little confusing but it explained (most) of the stuff in the end. It was horrible if you missed an episode of two though -___-‘ I started showing it to some of my friends last weekend and they keep stopping it and asking me loads of questions that you have to watch it all the was through to get the answers, that got kind of annoying. xD
Shmittles The Poe

Re: odd start

Post by Shmittles The Poe »

I thought the beginning was great. It was weird, and that's exactly how it should have been. It left anyone and everyone asking questions. By the time i finished all of //Sign, i was still asking questions! And i loved every bit of it. Leaving us all asking questions is just .hack's style.