the end?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

sora1

the end?

Post by sora1 »

hmmm i dont quite get the very end of .hack//sign ( i need you just as you need me part) could someone tell me why that was repeated and how come the window turned red? use spoilers if you need to

Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

If you watch the first episode and the last episode one right after the other, you'll notice that that section is almost identical in both episodes. Of course, in the first episode, she's talking to Tsukasa. But by the last episode, Tsukasa has left, meaning she's talking to someone else... Sora, maybe? But then, I never really understood what that tablet thingy was in the first place, anyway.
sora1

Post by sora1 »

nah not SOra hes  in a coma
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i cant figure out who is there....probaly some n00b i bet :D
thanks for the tablet help
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

sora1 wrote:nah not SOra hes  in a coma
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i cant figure out who is there....probaly some n00b i bet :D
thanks for the tablet help
It is Sora.Tsukasa was in coma and she used him.See.Take a look.
FLARE of the Crimson Flam
Location: Making deals with higher beings, and chasing Amit Paul down.

Post by FLARE of the Crimson Flam »

How could it be Sora because  he is in Skeith's staff
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

For all we know, she could have been talking to Skeith. The ending didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I got the cell-phone looking tower thing, but I don't understand why she was talking and who it was to.
beginner

Post by beginner »

That "Cell Phone thingy" is actually the epitaph of twilight and the person is Sora but controlled by Morganna's phases.

Oh and DarkAngel. The links are not working.
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

beginner wrote:  That "Cell Phone thingy" is actually the epitaph of twilight and the person is Sora but controlled by Morganna's phases.

Oh and DarkAngel. The links are not working.
Ah-ha!I was right!And yeah,I noticed they were not working.Erg.Oh well.. :roll:
sora1

Post by sora1 »

so basically Sora's just another Tsukasa
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Hey, we don't even know whether or not Tsukasa was even the first.
 Even she doesn't know. Morganna re-wrote her memories - she even thought she was a boy for most of the series. One thing I want to know, though, is whether she still thought herself a boy once she awoke :)
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

Belthazar wrote:Hey, we don't even know whether or not Tsukasa was even the first.
 Even she doesn't know. Morganna re-wrote her memories - she even thought she was a boy for most of the series. One thing I want to know, though, is whether she still thought herself a boy once she awoke :)
Nope.I remember in Episode NetSlum I think,s/he told Subaru someething like"Subaru,I..um,the real me,in the real world I think Im a girl." :wink:
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Guys, you kind of missed the point. Its the EXACT same place, and that tablet is like the special item that makes you get the Legend of the Twilight, and kind of lets Morganna tap into you. Shes talking to you, the viewer, at the very end, not one of the characters. That kind of sets the two faced "dude, that would be so fricken awesome to be in The World" thing and the "Uh... if that happens I'm not sure I would want to play it" deal, as well as wraps up the thing, leaving a mystery in making you wonder "who is she talking to?" while it is really you whos the audience, standing there in the dungeon before her.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 wrote:Guys, you kind of missed the point. Its the EXACT same place, and that tablet is like the special item that makes you get the Legend of the Twilight, and kind of lets Morganna tap into you. Shes talking to you, the viewer, at the very end, not one of the characters. That kind of sets the two faced "dude, that would be so fricken awesome to be in The World" thing and the "Uh... if that happens I'm not sure I would want to play it" deal, as well as wraps up the thing, leaving a mystery in making you wonder "who is she talking to?" while it is really you whos the audience, standing there in the dungeon before her.
Thanks E1! I was beginning to wonder if this would get anymore confusing. I think the ending was awesome because of what Morganna did to Sora.
sora1

Post by sora1 »

if its the aundeince then.... :twisted: I WILL KILL YOU ALLL WITH MY GUARDIAN MAUAHHAHAHAH :D
also like helbaworshipper said, thanks alot E1
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 wrote:Guys, you kind of missed the point. Its the EXACT same place, and that tablet is like the special item that makes you get the Legend of the Twilight, and kind of lets Morganna tap into you. Shes talking to you, the viewer, at the very end, not one of the characters. That kind of sets the two faced "dude, that would be so fricken awesome to be in The World" thing and the "Uh... if that happens I'm not sure I would want to play it" deal, as well as wraps up the thing, leaving a mystery in making you wonder "who is she talking to?" while it is really you whos the audience, standing there in the dungeon before her.
Hey!Yeah!Thats cool!Thanx alot!
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

After some thought, I have to agree with what E1N said about the ending. I think the reason it didn't "click" with most (including me) is that we had been playing the games already (I don't think //OUTBREAK was out yet). If //INFECTION had been released after //SIGN, I think I would have understood why she was saying what she did.
Helbaworshipper wrote:I think the ending was awesome because of what Morganna did to Sora.
Agreed! I dislike Sora very much.
sora1

Post by sora1 »

awww i like Sora but i have to admit it was pretty cool to see Data Drain
DarkAngel

Post by DarkAngel »

sora1 wrote:awww i like Sora but i have to admit it was pretty cool to see Data Drain
Actualy It wasnt datadrain, although it did resemble one.Actually, Sora was imprisoned in Skieth's staff though it did resemble a data drain. Orca was just data drained normally.
Belthazar

Post by Belthazar »

Uh huh. Yes. I see. So it just happened to look exactly like a Data Drain, and had all of the standard characteristics of a Data Drain, but it wasn't a Data Drain after all. Your evidence to support this claim is a few shots of Sora waving his arms around, and the fact that Sora isn't brought out of his coma until you destroy Skeith's staff - basically, purely curcumstantial evidence, unlike the empirical evidence of what happened to Sora being exactly like a Data Drain.

Interesting logic you've got there...
sora1

Post by sora1 »

we're going a little off-topic guys...