the end?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Bakuryukun

Post by Bakuryukun »

I suppose it could have been Sora....considering:

Morganna Reused Sora's data to make a "Shadow Sora" and sicked Shaodw Sora on Aura (this occurs in .hack ZERO I believe)
Phase9Matt

Post by Phase9Matt »

Hold on. How could Sora be imprisoned in skeith's staff? You encounter him in outbreak after you've defeated skeith. If Sora wasn't datadrained then how come he didn't wake up after skeith was data drained and destroyed

Yeah it was sad to see sora go out like that after he saved Tsukasa

But y'know i'm glad sora got DD'ed, cuase then i got that kick ass weapon in outbreak
crosbie394

Post by crosbie394 »

hmm, the ending was always a confusing one, but great none the less.......

I believe that Sora was the first 'real' data drain victim, the ones done by the Guardian only had a limited effect on the person, but Skeiths was the ultimate 'Coma buster!!'. his data was used to make the staff that Skeith carries.

Secondly, I always looked at the ending(replaying the events of the beginning) as a nod to the fact that the ending people wanted...victory, success...was not gonna happen, she was still in their, and she was no where near finished.

Also, Morganna wouldn't need another tsukasa at this point, Tsukasa's job was to keep Aura asleep, so now she is awake, there would be no need for another like Tsukasa.

Finally, in response to a previous poster, I believe that Tsukasa was the first to be affected by Morganna. If Morganna had chosen another beforehand, don't you think that she would have given him/her the guardian as well, don't you think people would've been talking about the character that couldnt log out....just like they did with Tsukasa??

I love this show!!
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

i wonder why morganna never wanted arura to awaken
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Alright, I think this is covered somewhere, but because I know the answer that we finally arrived at, heres why.

Morganna didn't want Aura to wake up because if she did, Aura would by the order of the story (it was in the Legend of the Twilight somewhere) would take over the world and become its ruler. Morganna would therefore have no purpose, and be removed. But Morganna didn't like this after becoming sentient, and was doing everything in her power to stop her from waking because she would loose her power if it was allowed to happen.

If thats wrong, someone slap me, lol. But I think thats it in a nutshell.
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

thankyou and sorry if you already covered it
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

CybeRaveN wrote:Alright, I think this is covered somewhere, but because I know the answer that we finally arrived at, heres why.

Morganna didn't want Aura to wake up because if she did, Aura would by the order of the story (it was in the Legend of the Twilight somewhere) would take over the world and become its ruler. Morganna would therefore have no purpose, and be removed. But Morganna didn't like this after becoming sentient, and was doing everything in her power to stop her from waking because she would loose her power if it was allowed to happen.

*ponders about slapping E1N, but decides it would be in his best interest to not do so* lol Just kiddin' around. Anyways (getting on topic) that pretty much sums it up. However, I think that you left out the part about how when Aura is suppose to wake up, she was suppose to have the ability to data drain Morganna and gain all her powers and become ruler of "The World." I believe that is it, but I may be missing a few details. I'll look it up later and edit it into this post.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

I looked around and I can't really find anything, but whatcha gonna do? I'll keep looking, but I never remember seeing anything specific on just how Aura was going to get those powers, so maybe your right. And as far a slaping me goes...

*Draws EVANESCENCE*
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

CybeRaveN wrote:I looked around and I can't really find anything, but whatcha gonna do? I'll keep looking, but I never remember seeing anything specific on just how Aura was going to get those powers, so maybe your right. And as far a slaping me goes...

*Draws EVANESCENCE*
*pats E1 on the head a bit with a laugh* don't go killing anyone with EVANESCENCE E1. I think you're mostly right, you and Beo.
Iron Grunty

Post by Iron Grunty »

CybeRaveN wrote:Alright, I think this is covered somewhere, but because I know the answer that we finally arrived at, heres why.

Um, wasnt that covered in the Third Liminality...? Lmao...

Also I always assumed Morgana was talking to Aura at the very end for some reason...=X
kite_blackrose

Post by kite_blackrose »

i thought she was talking to skeith til i found out it was you
TsukasaKitty

Post by TsukasaKitty »

Belthazar wrote:Hey, we don't even know whether or not Tsukasa was even the first.
 Even she doesn't know. Morganna re-wrote her memories - she even thought she was a boy for most of the series. One thing I want to know, though, is whether she still thought herself a boy once she awoke :)
No, she knew.[/quote]