Unanswered questions (spoilers)

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

JayeAeotiv
lurker
lurker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Unanswered questions (spoilers)

Postby JayeAeotiv » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:05 pm

Ok, the series moved very slow, but I persisted and forced myself to watch it in its enitrety.

Throughout the series Mimiru asks Bear what his job his, we never find out.

Who's Maha? I saw a post refering to her as an NPC, but silver knight said Maha was an illegal player character. I don't remember a reference to her as an NPC. What happens to her?

Does Tsukasa allow Bear to adopt her?

It's never explained why Tsukasa was needed to be in a coma in the first place? What was her link to Aura?

There's some other holes that bothered me, but I can't remember them all.

User avatar
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:44 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Unanswered questions (spoilers)

Postby Erroneous » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:12 pm

JayeAeotiv wrote:Throughout the series Mimiru asks Bear what his job his, we never find out.


He's a book writer as per the references given throughout the series.

JayeAeotiv wrote:Who's Maha? I saw a post refering to her as an NPC, but silver knight said Maha was an illegal player character. I don't remember a reference to her as an NPC. What happens to her?


An NPC who dies in the end.

JayeAeotiv wrote:Does Tsukasa allow Bear to adopt her?


Yes and puts him/her to school.

JayeAeotiv wrote:It's never explained why Tsukasa was needed to be in a coma in the first place? What was her link to Aura?


Tsuskasa was needed to keep Aura from awakening, but was also used to make her awake.
---
Dothack Discord https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF

User avatar
Shinsou Wotan
.hack//legend
.hack//legend
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:21 am
Location: Too close to the edge

Postby Shinsou Wotan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:12 pm

Bear's job, confirmed in Analysis, very strongly implied in the episode where the group goes through the gate to Net Slum: Novelist.

Macha's identity and fate are revealed in the games, Outbreak in particular.

It's unclear whether there's a formal adoption, but in ZERO, Tsukasa is attending the school that was mentioned.

That last one is the biggest open question.
唯だ、識だけが在る。
ー『ハロルドのメモ』より

Xu Yuan
.hack//aficionado
.hack//aficionado
Posts: 1201
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Harald in the R:2!

Re: Unanswered questions (spoilers)

Postby Xu Yuan » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:22 pm

JayeAeotiv wrote:Ok, the series moved very slow, but I persisted and forced myself to watch it in its enitrety.

Throughout the series Mimiru asks Bear what his job his, we never find out.

Who's Maha? I saw a post refering to her as an NPC, but silver knight said Maha was an illegal player character. I don't remember a reference to her as an NPC. What happens to her?

Does Tsukasa allow Bear to adopt her?

It's never explained why Tsukasa was needed to be in a coma in the first place? What was her link to Aura?

There's some other holes that bothered me, but I can't remember them all.


Question 1: Bear is a novelist, it's hinted in the last few episodes, it is confirmed through the Liminality 3 DVD. He is none other then Ryo Sakuma, writer of Annwyn side story.

2. Maha is Macha (pronounced the same way) the 6th phase of the Epitaph, it is extraordinary to see a phase lash out against it's master (Morganna)though and this is the only case. After she was Data Drained she turned into (or Morganna had reason to use her again) a cat player character "A Vagrant AI whom believed she was an actual player." Later Kite fight's against her phase form, which was holding the final segment of Aura.

3.Yes.

4. Tsukasa was directly brought into the game to funnel negative emotions to Aura to assure she (Aura) would never wake up. Which (in theory) would allow Morganna to exist forever, but she (Morganna) herself didn't realize that this was corrupting her data.
As you know Security,
Is Mortal's greatest enemy

JayeAeotiv
lurker
lurker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Postby JayeAeotiv » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:30 pm

What is Analysis?

These answers are all great, but where can I find them myself? Are they only in the games?

I've seen Twilight also and it refers to that same Kite character. Who's Kite?

There's so much potential in the series but the ending left me kinda mad, there were so many loose ends.

User avatar
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet
Posts: 5275
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 am

Postby Kuukai » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:31 pm

Shinsou Wotan wrote:Macha's identity and fate are revealed in the games, Outbreak in particular.

Wait, you mean Quarantine, right?
Image

User avatar
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:44 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Postby Erroneous » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:37 pm

JayeAeotiv wrote:What is Analysis?

These answers are all great, but where can I find them myself? Are they only in the games?

I've seen Twilight also and it refers to that same Kite character. Who's Kite?

There's so much potential in the series but the ending left me kinda mad, there were so many loose ends.


It's called being observant. Majority of this information comes directly from the series you watched and the games for the PS2. But if you want direct answers there's Analysis, an encyclopdia on .hack all in Japanese.
---
Dothack Discord https://discord.gg/YkRJjQF

JayeAeotiv
lurker
lurker
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Postby JayeAeotiv » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:50 pm

Thanks for all the help. You guys rock.


Return to “//SIGN & //LIMINALITY”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users