Anyone ever notice how it looks like Mimiru likes Tsukasa?

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Hacker.Rena

Anyone ever notice how it looks like Mimiru likes Tsukasa?

Post by Hacker.Rena »

I don't know, I was watching it and it suddenly occurred to me... Has anyone else ever thought that? Just a random thought...
epitaph_wavemaster

Post by epitaph_wavemaster »

The eyes are similar... It may just be a lack of variety in the art style. They'll warp proportions sometimes too. It gets hard to watch for me sometimes. Like they were having a really bad art day.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Erm, she was asking of Mimiru liked Tsukasa, where I would have to say: Only as a best friend.
epitaph_wavemaster

Oh... :oops: I must be really off today. I sometimes don't read english very well.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

No, Mimiru treats Tuskasa like a little brother (sister thing). She want's to protect him, so he doesn't feel anymore needless pain, she is deeply connected with Tsukasa, but there's an implication that their relationship was nothing but platonic.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea. Besides, Tsukasa and Subaru are way hotter lesbia-....I mean much cuter soulmates :D
epitaph_wavemaster

Lesbians? It's strange that Subaru didn't care when she found out Tsukasa was a girl. She didn't even react really. Maybe she didn't notice... :wink:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, no, seriously, she said right out she loved Tsukasa for her spirit. I mean, it's not like those two are gonna bump the boey. They just like each other's company, and taking it to a physical level will probably spoil it.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, no, seriously, she said right out she loved Tsukasa for her spirit. I mean, it's not like those two are gonna bump the boey. They just like each other's company, and taking it to a physical level will probably spoil it.
Yeah, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I think we're getting sidetracked though.

If you want to talk about Tsukasa and Subaru, there's already 13 pages of ramblind and debate at this thread which has sort of been beaten to death.

Anyways, Mimiru's relationship with Tsukasa is not romantic. There really is no hint that Mimiru has those kind of feelings from Tsukasa. Mimiru's whole issue was wanting to protect someone and seeing things through to the end. Her concern and relationship with Tsukasa is more of a regular friend or, as someone said earlier, an older sibling looking out for a younger sibling.
Trik

Post by Trik »

Mimiru's issue was this: She felt bad that he was always depressed, and she was like,"Well, don't act like that! This is the same as the real world!" and his lack of caring for her, made it clash with her personality, so she forced herself on him...But in reality, she really did turn out to really like him, my guess is that she wanted to make friends and having none but that gardina look-a-like (from the lost episode where they open up the dungeon mimiru went to when she was younger...but this time comes with Bear)and since she was dead... She sort of forced herself to be Tsukasa's friend...And because fo that she met, bear, subaru, B.T, Sora...Crim...Uhm... Aura... er...yeah o.o
Mercenary Sora

Post by Mercenary Sora »

Yeah it seemed like that in the beginning to me but as it progressed I thought different.
Aera

Post by Aera »

I agree.

At first i was like oo la la... but then Subaru waltzed it and it pretty much ended that daydream.
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

um....did Mimiru and Tsukasa really meet in real life at the end? Mimiru invited Tsukasa to meet somewhere in real life, i forgot the name of the place...
Phantazy

Post by Phantazy »

I think it was at Shimokitazawa. If I remember correctly, during Unison it was implied that they did meet there and that they wanted to get together again.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Phantazy hit the nail on the head. Specifically, they were gonna meet at the south gate. Subaru also met them there.
KotenKiri

Post by KotenKiri »

If I remember right, in the novel Hack//Zero. It mentions that Tsukasa was adopted by Bear and she was dating Subaru.
Phantazy

Post by Phantazy »

Haven't read Zero, but "dating," you say?...that's interesting.
That's what they called it. I believe there's more about it in the Tsukasa and Subaru relationship thread.
Doesn't she already have a dad, though?
Yes, but her dad was abusive (he even tried to kill her while she was in a coma by removing her life support) so Bear was probably able to take custody of her.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Like soime of the .hack media, it never came to the state,s there are various summaries, around though they're are a bit difficult to find, there's a thread here about .hack//Zero in the General Chat.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Here in south africa we didnt receive the .hack//Zero :(
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Don't worry, Akira. Neither did the rest of the world. It's Japan-exclusive.