Liminality 3-- in the case of TOHNO

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

d5t

Liminality 3-- in the case of TOHNO

Post by d5t »

This is the best liminality OVA in the series (so far 1 more to go!). What do you think?
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

I've seen em all. I like the 4th episode better hehe.

they infiltrate a CC co. station and hack into The World, and Tokuoka beats up some guards!
dothackfreak

Post by dothackfreak »

OrangeSlice wrote:I've seen em all. I like the 4th episode better hehe.

they infiltrate a CC co. station and hack into The World, and Tokuoka beats up some guards!
that sounds like a good OVA. cant wait in till it's out. ahhhh i can't type today.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

I found the third OVA to be very entertaining to watch. They really give you alot of backstory info. Heck, it solved a few mysteries to Sign for me. I just love how the total .hack experience is interwined so neatly. Of course I might be alittle biased here. :D #4 sounds even more revealing. I can't wait!!
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

Silvermane wrote:I found the third OVA to be very entertaining to watch. They really give you alot of backstory info. Heck, it solved a few mysteries to Sign for me. I just love how the total .hack experience is interwined so neatly. Of course I might be alittle biased here. :D #4 sounds even more revealing. I can't wait!!

It's intended to be like that ^^; #4 wraps it all up in a nice neat little package.
Mia

Post by Mia »

OVA 3 was very interesting.It explained a lot about Harold and Emmy when they were together,also with the little chase of finding the clues in order to find Bit.I still prefer OVA 2,with all the people freaking out and the movie theatre having the words "The World" on the screen.Pretty freaky in a way.
Balmung of the Azure Sky

Post by Balmung of the Azure Sky »

OVA 3 was interesting, but to me not much to understand, well to me...barely. throughout the OVA, I was thinking what in the world are they talking about? so can someone summarize it for me?
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

Summarize it? That would take a while...
Try watching the first and second one again. If you've been paying attention to those and playing the games, then you should be pretty familiar with who they're talking about. It might help to have the subtitles on, so if you miss what they said you can just read it :)
Iron Grunty

Post by Iron Grunty »

Awww I wanna see the 4th now!!! oh well...I still liked the first one the best...The Score seemed to go with it the best so far...
Kite12345

Post by Kite12345 »

I can wait for fourth OVA.
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

I have it on my computer, I just haven't watched it. I have a thing for DVD quality (see the post about my TV).

However, I do agree that three is the best... so far.
BetterJoe

Post by BetterJoe »

I liked 3 the best so far too, though I cant say why, it just seemed to really grab you attention. All the lore and how everything fit together was really entertaing. I also liked how they actually explained what Liminality is.
redmonkey842

Post by redmonkey842 »

I saw it to it answered all of my questions.
Subaru

Post by Subaru »

The third volume seemed a little short to me.

Maybe it's my fault for bumping the Next Scene button in the middle of the car scene..
Oh well.
Player_Killer_Sora

Post by Player_Killer_Sora »

It really wasn't all that short. Personally, I felt that the second episode was much shorter.

I really did love the 3rd episode. There was a lot of cool information that was provided and the overall feel of it took a pleasant turn. And what else can I say, you have to like the addition of Bith the Black to the line up.
Aph

Re: Liminality 3-- in the case of TOHNO

Post by Aph »

d5t wrote:This is the best liminality OVA in the series (so far 1 more to go!). What do you think?
I think that the third liminality is kind of slow. I didn't really like listening to Bith drone on and on. I liked the second better.
Mistral
Location: In the deepest, darkest place of Hell. --My house. :/

Post by Mistral »

I enjoyed the 3rd episode because it explained a lot about the whole situation, but my absolutely favorite has to be the 2nd one. I enjoyed watching people struggle getting out of the theater and all the weird things that were happening, but when "The World" popped up on the theater screen --that freaked me out.
d5t

Post by d5t »

Well, yes I recant my previous statement. After re-watching in the case of Yuki Aihara (liminality 2) , it is by far the best, showing what the pluto kiss did IRL. Very nice. I'd be interesting to see if today's technology advances far enough that a virus can impair a whole town or city and create mass confusion among the general public.
DDRPlyr

Post by DDRPlyr »

I ageee with iron grunty, the first was the best because the score mixed in perfectly, and i think it has the most intresting action, especially the game scene. Two was okay, but it was kinda predicatble, too short, and was like "uhh.....ok that made a difference for what reason?" The third would have been the best one for me, but not enoug action, but it was the most informative BY FAR!!! I cabt wait to see vol. 4
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I loved the part where they said what liminality meant though. The third was one of the best informing episodes.