Question about Guardina

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Question about Guardina

Post by Cless »

I just watched Intermezzo and I was wondering about how Guardina. In the end of the episode she uses a special skill from the Fragments Era to defeat an enemy. My question is, is the Guardina from the games the same Guardina?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They look similar, but they're different characters. The one in Intermezzo is named Mimika, has 3 players, and "retired" by turning to crystal sometime before SIGN (though it wasn't Fragment, it was just an older version of The World). The one in the games is named Gardenia, and has just one player that seems completely unrelated to those three girls.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

People really need to learn that characters can, like, look the same as other characters without being related by some super complex plot twist.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Hmm, I... that person's name was Mimika, right? And I'm quite sure she had a different voice actor... the reals question to ask is how a lvl. 8 Long Arm amassed a fan club?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Hmm, we might be mistaken on whom Mimika is... that may have been Mimiru's old character name, I think I'll do a little research on it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Enemy makes a lot of mistakes, since it's made by a third party in America... Like, the Grunty Girl's class is listed wrong (even though she's clearly a Rachel-type, and the credits list her as like "Blademaster A" or something), as well as other things that have come up...

That girl is Mimiru's old char, btw, and Mimiru's current name comes from Mimika.

As for her fanclub? Maybe her mysterious personality? She was still powerful to some people, Kite levels up unusually fast compared to the rest of The World. Even in like R:2, Reid saves up all his money and sells all his items and then gets PKed over what to someone playing Rebirth is just a cruddy level 15 weapon, but to the people leveling up at a "normal" pace it's very valuable...
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Ah that's right, I'd like to know, how the weapon customization in G.U. I saw from some site it's quite bad, but anythings got to be better then the originl games, right?
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Thanks for answering my question everyone.
Reon

Post by Reon »

Devoid of Heart wrote:
Awww...I worked really hard for that picture. No comment about how strange it is?

[/quote]

Yeah, I'll agree with you there. That's strange. Because, I've never seen that one before. Sorry, that was off-topic.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

-Topic Closed-