Question regarding aura's awakening

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Rydis

Question regarding aura's awakening

Post by Rydis »

I did a search through various topics, including the locked one below, and they all reference that when tsukasa can wake up from his coma, then aura can wake up also.

However Aura awoke before Tsukasa ever did. So how can this be? Did she awake in the hospital while still logged in game? This is confusing me :/

Second, if Tskuasa can choose to come back on her one (which evidently she did) how come none of the other coma victims can? They were all data drained also.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Ah, the difference between, Morganna's Data Drain and "Terror of Death's" Data Drain are completely different, it has been hinted this is what Harald was planning from the beginning, or an individual to funnel feelings into Aura, in a much quicker pace, then "personality" data could.

Skeith's Data Drain causes one to feel the Terror of Death, telling your mind you are dead, though in reality this is activated by a bunch of ringing soiunds, or as I call them "Bells of Twilight". It is true that the other phases, continued to use the Skeith version of Data Drain on the few victims they got ahold of.

Actually I haven't answered your question at all...

Though Tsukasa had the power to log out, at the end of the SIGN, he wanted to get Aura to a safe place, back with the group, actually Bear men tion's what you say, in your post "The cause and effect are opposite of what we thought, once Aura wakes up, then that will be the time Tsukasa can awaken." I believe he says this in either Net Slum or Phantom episodes, not sure though.
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

I was thinking that to. I just didn't remeber exactly which was opposite. I belive they thought when Aura awoke, Tsukasa could log out, but..blah you know.

So the only explanation either way was he stayed in a coma even after she awake to get her to safty... O.o
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Hmm, it can be viewed like that... he tries to log out in the First Episode, but Morganna put's up some kind of wall, or barrier, and he can no longer log out, he most likely only would have tried to log out like that again, to awake.